WORDS WORDS WORDS

LilyKitsune

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Neutral End) - Ch.50 posted 9/1

Post by LilyKitsune »

Oh... oh ouch.
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Oh boy, I can't wait for the next chapter. I've always been particularly fond about your Hanako (PoV) chapters and there's probably something great in store.

While this story has definitely hinted more towards Emi and I'm perfectly happy with all that I do feel a bit bad for Hanako considering this really wonderful conversation she...kinda forced onto Hisao after Lilly left in chapter 7. The hug and all, it was so nice seeing her take these large steps in order to help Hisao.

Well, a lot has happened since then and as pointed out by some of the others it's probably for the better this way. That said, I say that now but there have been several times when just on chapter changed my perspective on things quite a bit.

As far as this chapter is concerned, it probably shows how much both Hisao and Emi do want that relationship when they still meet every morning despite all the awkward events that have occurred. It's a bit unfortunate that we didn't get a clear talk between the two because of an unfortunate timing but should Hisao's rejection go over well we'll probably get a pretty sweet and happy dialogue between Emi and him the next time.

One element I've never really liked much in this story is the involvement of the newspaper club in this relationship drama. It just feels weird to me that they'd actually be actively "investigating" into those matters on pretense of their school paper, or worse, they're serious about this stuff belonging in there. I don't like the characters for doing that stuff but am also not sure if I find this really believable. Maybe it's just that the newspaper club in my own high school wasn't ever really much of a thing and it's rather my own lack of perspective on this. That said, it's seems a bit alien to me that the school administration of Yamaku would encourage a newspaper club like that. Even that aside, the newspaper club stuff at times feels like an unnecessary third party to stir up the drama a bit more.

That said, it doesn't play a big part in this story overall so it's a somewhat negligible annoyance to me.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

As always, thanks for all the kind words, and thanks to all who have taken time out from reading Sisterhood (myself included) to grace this story with their attention :wink:.
brythain wrote:c. Lilly's 'Who am I?' immediately reminded me of Jean Valjean, and stuff associated with that.
Hmmm...come to think of it, the last chapter and its focus on penance lends itself quite nicely to that as well. Let's just hope that when Kenji returns he doesn't start building a barricade on the road to the town...
I particularly liked this chapter. Easier to reflect on things, somehow, and a sense that matters are resolving rather than knotting up. Thanks!
You're quite welcome :) .
Guest Poster wrote:To be honest, and this is coming from a Hanako fan, this is probably for the better.
*nods* I've said before that, as it's presented in the VN, I think there's a good chance their relationship winds up being a lasting one. However, I've also always thought that the window of time in which they're compatible is brief. In Hanako's own route, she and Hisao start out in a very similar place. If they get together at a later time, it's inevitable that Hisao will have undergone some growth that perhaps Hanako won't have had the opportunity to, which would make things a good deal trickier.
Minion of Chaos wrote:It was a rather abrupt turn in the train of thought. The beginning of this Chapter had me thinking the circle would continue again. It is kind of true to life though- a lot of times, it only takes one sudden or abrupt realization for an entire relational dynamic to change.
*nods* This is pretty much what I was going for, so I'm glad it came out well.
forgetmenot wrote:I've been known to say that I have great respect for Tennessee Williams, not because I particularly enjoy his stories, but he manages to find ways to make me feel intense hatred and annoyance toward his characters. Any author that can elicit that strong of an emotional response from me deserves my utmost respect.
*places "T. Williams" achievement on his virtual bookshelf next to "W. Shakespeare" and "G. Chaucer"*

Hm. Looks nice. Thanks! :wink:
Edit: I must point out that I don't hate any of the characters in this story. I'm just irritated with some of the decisions they've made. Sorry if the above comes off as overly acerbic.
No worries, and thanks for the clarification :) .
Blasphemy wrote:Oh boy, I can't wait for the next chapter. I've always been particularly fond about your Hanako (PoV) chapters and there's probably something great in store.
Thanks -- and yes, the next chapter will be Hanako's.
While this story has definitely hinted more towards Emi and I'm perfectly happy with all that I do feel a bit bad for Hanako considering this really wonderful conversation she...kinda forced onto Hisao after Lilly left in chapter 7. The hug and all, it was so nice seeing her take these large steps in order to help Hisao.
Very understandable. As everyone has said all along, though, someone was going to get hurt in the end :(.
One element I've never really liked much in this story is the involvement of the newspaper club in this relationship drama.
Admittedly, my ideas on this matter are probably more influenced by fiction than real life, but I will note that from what I know of the Japanese press, I wouldn't be surprised if this was, if not typical, at least not unheard of. Of course, the particular incident in this chapter was all about Taka-Taka living up to what she said to Emi, so it may not reflect any real newspaper club ethics :wink:.

Now, back to reading Sisterhood!
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
whtkid

Post by whtkid »

So, I came across this story, and honestly with how many chapters it had I was under the impression it was complete, and I found myself so engrossed into it that I just couldn't stop reading!! You're a fantastic writer :D In 5 days I read 49 chapters, and I had no idea that it was still ongoing til I saw there was a chapter 50 sometime earlier tonight when I was on around ch. 45, and I'm happy I was able to get here before the end :)

I still keep finding myself hoping beyond hope that Hisao gets back together with Lilly though :( I know at this point it's all but hopeless, but she's my favorite character, and her standing up for herself last chapter and even her talk with Hisao in this chapter just keeps bringing me back to hoping

That said, the way you're able to portray everyone is astounding, and I can't help but smile at all the jokes that Emi and Hisao have. I especially liked the line about her having enough energy to power all of Japan, it seems exactly like something that would stick to Emi like it has. So yea, I love your story, and I cant wait to see where the crazy train called life takes everyone
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin > Shizune
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

whtkid wrote:So, I came across this story, and honestly with how many chapters it had I was under the impression it was complete, and I found myself so engrossed into it that I just couldn't stop reading!!
Thanks! It's always good to hear from new folks finding this story and enjoying it. Actually, I'm a bit surprised myself that it's still going, as when I initially conceived it there were only about half as many chapters as there are already, and there's still more to come :) . Hope you (and everyone else) sticks around for the rest!
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Lost In The Fire

Post by Lost In The Fire »

There was a great fire on the high seas that day, as the Hanako X Hisao ship finally sank.

Damn. I had pulling through till the end for that, but alas, a more objective look on the story says that this is probably the better course of action. Can't wait to see how you tie off the Hanako thread now. The next chapter is sure to be heavy hitting.
Some one-shots.
He Didn't Listen - Hanako Bad End
Observations - OC POV
Mmmmm'yep.
Markus Ramikin

Post by Markus Ramikin »

I congratulate you. You're clearly relying on the typical dramatic structure where there has to be a lowest point before success. The Hisao x Hanako outcome will now have to come as a surprising, powerful development, overcoming improbable odds, rather than an obvious and boring continuation, and this will be more interesting. /Iamnotawishfulthinkeratall
Lilly=Emi=Hanako>Rin >>... ...

My stories are: here.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

And then suddenly we all get bamboozled and this turns out to be a Shizune route.

WAHT A TWEEST!
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Welp bit late but here it goes,

Yep the ship definitly sunk after the last episode and its probably for the best as I dont think Hanako is ready for it nor do I think Hisao actually loves her. I just hope Hanako takes the rejection well(knowing her most likely not though one can hope) and fixes her relationship with Lilly. And even though it looked like Emi wanted to confess to Hisao when she wanted to talk to him, I have this very ominous feeling that its going to be the opposite :( and I hope sincerely I'm wrong because I want the characters to be happy.

Another excellent chapter, congratz cant wait for the next.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Honestly, I think this is going to be, at least until after Yamaku, the end of Hanako and Hisao's friendship. I honestly think she's not going to be able to handle remaining in contact with him, to be honest. (I say this because I've been in her shoes...) If she's able to rebuild the bridge with Lilly, maintain her friendships with Akira and Emi (that one will be hard for her, though), and possibly even build her friendship with Naomi (not Natsume...) then after Yamaku, when she's in a better place, I could see her reuniting with Hisao and being able to be friends again.

Or, worse, it'll be the beginning of the end, and they'll try to maintain the friendship, and she descends deeper and deeper into insanity, trying harder and harder to win Hisao over, until something snaps, and she realizes that everything is fucked forever, and she flees from Yamaku cutting off contact with everyone (especially Emi) when she realizes how much she's destroyed, and she's not going to be stable for two years, and living off of government benefits for that time. (I say this because I've been there, too. Although, that particular case, the woman in question did eventually admit that she shared my feelings, but was in another relationship already... which wouldn't be the case for Hisao and Hanako.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

dewelar wrote: Very understandable. As everyone has said all along, though, someone was going to get hurt in the end :(.
I think I've said this before, but:

The harder somebody tries to please everybody, the more likely they'll end up pleasing nobody. Put another way, the harder somebody tries to avoid hurting anybody, the more likely they'll end up hurting somebody, or everybody -- including (especially) themselves.

Lilly has been certainly guilty of this, both in the LNE route; and in Developments. Lilly, ar first, tried to please both her family by blood in Scotland and her family by choice in Japan regarding her summons, souring her romance with Hisao. Then, upon her return, she tried to avoid being a burden upon (i.e. hurting) her family by choice regarding lingering affections, souring her friendship with Hanako. Thus, she (seemly) destroyed one of the things she held dear in her life, her family by choice -- a heavy price, indeed.

What's interesting is that Hisao has seemed to fallen into the same trap that Lilly has. Given his reactions in past chapters to strife with Emi and Hanako, I willing to guess part of his indecisiveness -- the wind keeping his leaf in the air -- is a genuine desire both to please and to avoid hurting the two girls. The type of genuine desire that Lilly had, leading to the same disastrous conclusion...

But, I think -- possibly -- that as of this chapter, Hisao has woken up and smelt the french vanilla tea, thanks to Lilly. Obviously, it's not in time to spare Hanako a world of heartache -- but that's unavoidable at this point. :cry: However, it does leave hope for a more positive outcome for Emi, Lilly, and Hisao.

----

[Anyway, if the story ends with the Yoshi x Noriko OTP intact, I'll be happy. Strange, how a character that I was neutral toward and one that I was slightly disapproving of could win me over so. Must be the writing. Or the water. Or the water the writer is drinking...]
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And, for that matter, dealing with it now, in a respectful manner... even if Hanako and Hisao's friendship ends up permanently severed, I think once Hanako's had some time for the wounds to heal, she'll be able to look back on that time in her life fondly despite the emotional scarring. And, once she knows that Hisao's chosen Emi specifically, and not Lilly or Noriko, I think it won't take long for her to rebuild her other friendships.

I never want to reopen the similar chapter in my own life, and I would be happiest if I never met her again, and she made some horrible mistakes when we were friends... but they were with the best of intentions, and so did I, and I still have the utmost respect for her, and wish her the best.

Really, I think that's the worst outcome that'll come of this, considering that that outcome was with my full descent into insanity.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Who knows? Maybe dewelar will pull a HIMYM. :roll:

no please god no don't do that
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
gialight

Post by gialight »

Yeeeessssss. Finally things are looking Emi.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

If you want a un-serious prediction about the next chapter... Hanako, in pleading to Hisao not to reject her, backs him up against the safety fence, and........
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.