Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

poopooface

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Neutral End) - Chapter 45 up 7/

Post by poopooface »

emmjay wrote: Final thought: At this point, whatever Hisao ends up doing in the end, I get the feeling that someone's heart is going to be broken.
I don't agree. Hanako is completely understanding of Hisao's choices, and both Emi and Hanako only want what's best for Hisao, not themselves. They'll be fine. :mrgreen:
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Being understanding and wanting what's best for Hisao over their own desires, and being able to cope with that, doesn't mean that the one that doesn't win (assuming either wins... and why flesh out Noriko the extent that she's been fleshed out?) won't have their heart broken.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Come on Shizune! :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

bhtooefr wrote:Being understanding and wanting what's best for Hisao over their own desires, and being able to cope with that, doesn't mean that the one that doesn't win (assuming either wins... and why flesh out Noriko the extent that she's been fleshed out?) won't have their heart broken.
In response to what you first said: yeah, I understood that. I remember in one chapter Hanako and Emi were talking and one told the other that they wanted what was best for Hisao but they weren't going to give up the fight for him.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

brythain wrote:Come on Shizune! :D
…Sure. Good luck.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

griffon8 wrote:…Sure. Good luck.
Are you saying that Shizune is a Jägermonster? (She would need a nice hat.)
emmjay wrote:At this point, whatever Hisao ends up doing in the end, I get the feeling that someone's heart is going to be broken.
Given the way things are going, I think it will be a bittersweet heartbreak than a pure sad or an angry break. That is to say, sure the girl not chosen as the girlfriend will be heartbroken for a while, but she has the comfort of knowing that she at least tried, instead of hiding in a library or on a running track and letting the opportunity slip away. And I think whatever happens, Hanako and Emi will be friends for a good long while.

Now if we're talking about Lilly, I think it's time to break out the tea and pretzels...
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Are you saying that Shizune is a Jägermonster?
No, just that the odds of Hisao getting Hanako and Emi are probably greater than Shizune getting Hisao.

Of course, if the ‘Come on Shizune!’ comment was merely about her helping Lilly getting Hisao back, the odds are much better.

Anything greater than zero is still better, right?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

griffon8 wrote: No, just that the odds of Hisao getting Hanako and Emi are probably greater than Shizune getting Hisao.

Of course, if the ‘Come on Shizune!’ comment was merely about her helping Lilly getting Hisao back, the odds are much better.

Anything greater than zero is still better, right?
I think Shizune helping LIlly will multiply her chances of getting Hisao back by two and a third.

(I also think Shizune would look nice in Mamma Gkika cosplay, but that's a topic for another day.)
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:I think Shizune helping LIlly will multiply her chances of getting Hisao back by two and a third.
“Twice nothing is still nothing.”

Of course, unless Shizune and Lilly both know deaf-blind speech (which was not established in the VN, despite its popularity in fan fiction), they will have to go through Misha, who’s shipping Hisao/Hanako.

Griffon8's Writing
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

griffon8 wrote:
Oscar Wildecat wrote:I think Shizune helping LIlly will multiply her chances of getting Hisao back by two and a third.
“Twice nothing is still nothing.”

Of course, unless Shizune and Lilly both know deaf-blind speech (which was not established in the VN, despite its popularity in fan fiction), they will have to go through Misha, who’s shipping Hisao/Hanako.
They do.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

dewelar wrote:They do.
Ah yes. I had forgotten about author fiat.

And now you’re going to make me want to reread the whole thing.

Griffon8's Writing
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Are you saying that Shizune is a Jägermonster? (She would need a nice hat.)
Maybe she could fight Hanako for hers. That is the Jäger way, after all.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

I can't help but wonder who that last line is referring to. Hisao, or Lilly..?

It might be obvious, but as of writing I am operating on like a day of no sleeping so cognitive function is non-ideal.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Deadpool021

Post by Deadpool021 »

Reading the same scene but with a perspective from a different character is definitely what I like most about this fan fic. I'm now curious as to what Lilly is doing.
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

azumeow wrote:I can't help but wonder who that last line is referring to. Hisao, or Lilly..?

It might be obvious, but as of writing I am operating on like a day of no sleeping so cognitive function is non-ideal.
From the context of the rest of the chapter, I would say Lilly. It looks likes Hanako feels pretty good about the Hisao situation right now -- as she should, given that their last two meetings have involved some sort of not-a-mistake kiss (if I recall correctly). She's feeling good about the Emi situation, too. Well, good by Hanako standard's, anyway. The only person left for her to deal with "situation" wise now, is Lilly...