Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Neutral End) - Chapter 41 up 5/

Post by Mirage_GSM »

After being dumped and those weeks being wooed by two other girls?
I have no problems imagining that.

Remember the relationship itself didn't last even that long, so they've been apart longer than they've been together before that.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Yup, that's how I see it, too. While Lilly spend a lot of time just wallowing in her regret and having no one else aside from Akira be there for her, phone calls aside, Hisao was actually interacting with not only Hanako and Emi but also others, like Yoshi. It's much more likely that he moved on.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

For what it's worth, a rough timeline based on ProfAllister's, albeit with some discontinuity with reality (re: the end of classes - if I ever write anything in this timeline that actually needs the timeline to work, I'll probably discard canon that doesn't fit reality, and then the relationship would be even shorter most likely (about a week), or Lilly would stay a couple weeks or so after the end of classes but still leave about the same time she did):

2007-07-15: Crescendo (Lilly confesses), Diminuendo (and then consummates the relationship)
2007-08-05: A Faraway Future (The beginning of the end)
2007-08-11: Farewell (End of classes, Lilly leaves Yamaku)
2007-08-12: United Nations (for Shizune's route) and False Cadence (for Lilly's good-end route - if it's not for False Cadence, Lilly leaves Japan)

Hisao considered the breakup as being when Lilly left Yamaku (although it really was A Faraway Future that ended the relationship, especially in this story where Hisao's already forcing himself to move on, and Hanako and Emi are both moving to replace Lilly). So, between 21 and 27 days.

Not only that, but Lilly was in his life for all of 2 months, 6 days in total (he didn't meet her his first day at Yamaku).

That's nothing, especially when he's had Hanako and Emi both competing for him, and Hanako's been in his life just as long (technically longer, although they didn't really meet the first day).
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Post by brythain »

I'd inflate the impact of Lilly on Hisao a bit—first girl, first sex, etc. After all, many of us don't forget the first time for many things—although many of us do. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Mahorfeus wrote:To be completely honest, I'm still kind of skeptical about Hisao having fallen out of love with her like that, even after everything that has happened. I understand that he's gone through the coping process and everything. I mean, I'm not a certified Love Expert, but that kind of feeling doesn't just come and go. Or maybe I am just being a little naive in that regard.
I originally intended to respond to this by PM, but since the conversation is moving that way, and since it's not spoiling anything anymore, I'll go ahead and post here.

In addition to the factors mentioned above, I also considered that since this is building off the neutral end, Hisao never really opened up to Lilly, and thus never was driven enough to chase her down as in her good ending. To me, that implies that perhaps his feelings for her weren't as deep as they are in her good ending, and may even border more on infatuation than love. That's what I was intending to reflect when he performed his "experiment," at least in part, especially if you look at the particular "tests" that he uses ;-) .
brythain wrote:I'd inflate the impact of Lilly on Hisao a bit—first girl, first sex, etc. After all, many of us don't forget the first time for many things—although many of us do. :)
I actually cut a passage that alludes to this, not necessarily because it isn't true, but because it felt like something he'd consider down the road rather than in the now. I admit, though, I did like the passage in your most recent installment of Hideaki's arc about Lilly keeping a piece of Hisao's heart in a box :) .
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
brythain

Post by brythain »

dewelar wrote:
brythain wrote:I'd inflate the impact of Lilly on Hisao a bit—first girl, first sex, etc. After all, many of us don't forget the first time for many things—although many of us do. :)
I actually cut a passage that alludes to this, not necessarily because it isn't true, but because it felt like something he'd consider down the road rather than in the now. I admit, though, I did like the passage in your most recent installment of Hideaki's arc about Lilly keeping a piece of Hisao's heart in a box :) .
I think you're right, which is why in that continuity, Hisao only starts thinking of a last message to Lilly after he's left university and has had his chat with Mutou. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Ah, I thought it might have been an infatuation thing. The word "love" is tossed around so easily these days, particularly in works of fiction, KS being no exception. In the context of the VN, there never seems to be any question about whether that love is "true," despite the short times Hisao is with the girl. Especially with Lilly's route, which is almost universally noted for having a soap opera qualities. I suppose that is what made me wonder whether he ever actually loved her at all; and like you said, perhaps on the neutral path, that was certainly the case.

Well, hindsight is 20/20. Hisao does not seem too intent on repeating his past mistakes, at least.
Last edited by Mahorfeus on Fri May 30, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mast mistakes? Is that a freudian slip?
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

bhtooefr wrote:Mast mistakes? Is that a freudian slip?
I have no idea what you are talking about. :wink:
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
CharcoalWhite

Post by CharcoalWhite »

It is 3:13 am. I have no Idea when I started reading, but I haven't moved from this spot since, not stopping since I began the first chapter. The only other thing I have read which has had the same effect was the VN itself. Excellent job.
now please write the rest or i might die
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

CharcoalWhite wrote:now please write the rest or i might die
No requesting. How hard a concept is this for people?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

griffon8 wrote:
CharcoalWhite wrote:now please write the rest or i might die
No requesting. How hard a concept is this for people?
Especially when it's a silly request like please keep writing when the author shows no sign of stoping or not continuing
Wahahaha~.
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

Guys, if every post containing a request requires multiple replies dedicated solely to complaining about the request, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that "[requests] tend to generate many inane posts for each one bearing content".
[/meta]
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

CharcoalWhite wrote:It is 3:13 am. I have no Idea when I started reading, but I haven't moved from this spot since, not stopping since I began the first chapter. The only other thing I have read which has had the same effect was the VN itself. Excellent job.
*bows deeply* Thank you very much. I continue to be amazed at how well-received this has been overall...which leads into...
Vempele wrote:Guys, if every post containing a request requires multiple replies dedicated solely to complaining about the request, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that "[requests] tend to generate many inane posts for each one bearing content".
[/meta]
I think these good people were just all trying to be the one that put this story over the top, as apparently it is now the thread with the most comments on the Fan Fiction sub-forum :shock:. That is something I never would have expected when I started this last summer. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be paying attention to it, but...yeah, I can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed, grateful, or both. I think I'll go with both :oops: 8).
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

dewelar wrote:I think these good people were just all trying to be the one that put this story over the top, as apparently it is now the thread with the most comments on the Fan Fiction sub-forum.
I attribute this to the massive amount of speculation and counter-speculation that accompanies each chapter. Most of the larger and longer fics (of which there are few) tend to be very straightforward or self-explanatory affairs. With your constant perspective shifts, unpredictable plot, and unbiased(?) take on complex relationships, you bring out the competitive shipper in all of us. (I don't care what anyone says, I'm shipping Hanako. Lilly had her chance and Emi doesn't even want him anymore.)

Congrats, you deserve it.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."