Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS
User avatar
Blasphemy
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:26 am

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by Blasphemy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Ah interesting! Really wasn't sure how to interpret her, although her 'tone' didn't seem hostile I just considered her wanting part of this 'sexgod' Hisao a bit more out there. Granted we don't know her character very well yet. I mean, I went through the Lilly route recently and while I can recall her short part of it after you mentioning that I simply can't remember her characterization, if there was much of it to begin with. I'll probably take another look at this scene.

Anyways, I really like that I have to look at some of this stuff a bit closer. I've said it before but having to actively think about some of this stuff is rather engaging. I mean of course, I wouldn't want things to be unnecessarily obtuse but it's rather the right amount of ambiguity here that causes me to do a retake. It's not just this one particular part in the chapter either, a lot of what Hanako says isn't very direct, nor am I sure what actions Hisao may want to follow up on his "I have to stop hurting her".

Yoshimura hearing Hisao shut the door makes sense and since he catches his breath there for a bit that's enough time to write your phone number down, yeh. I'd still wonder how she knew he was in there but really, there's a million simple, viable explanations for that. Could've seen or heard them anytime prior, just expected him since... who else joins Hanako's room now where Lilly is gone and so on. So, doesn't bother me anymore.

What I forgot to mention in my earlier reply, I found it curious that Emi didn't seem part of Hisao's mind after their initial talk about all that. Like, in the narration Hisao doesn't e.g. mention that he may better stop this because this ain't right to Emi. I don't want to read much into it even, but it does kinda show that again he was mostly focused on Hanako, especially during their 'almost-act', and Emi is not currently non-stop in his mind. Which would again indicate that he really hasn't made a decision yet (not even subconsciously)... I think anyways ;p

At this point I'm also not really wanting to speculate too much. Wouldn't even know where to begin right now anyways, as everything seems to be relatively widely blown open and little goes according to what I predict anyways ;p

User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by dewelar » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:31 pm

bhtooefr wrote:The trick is that she'd almost certainly know that Lilly left, not that Hisao got bored with her, most likely.
Oh, THAT bit was definitely a joke. Sorry if I misunderstood the question.
Blasphemy wrote:Granted we don't know her character very well yet. I mean, I went through the Lilly route recently and while I can recall her short part of it after you mentioning that I simply can't remember her characterization, if there was much of it to begin with.
For how short her appearance was, there's enough to make some educated guesses.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by bhtooefr » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Blasphemy wrote:What I forgot to mention in my earlier reply, I found it curious that Emi didn't seem part of Hisao's mind after their initial talk about all that. Like, in the narration Hisao doesn't e.g. mention that he may better stop this because this ain't right to Emi. I don't want to read much into it even, but it does kinda show that again he was mostly focused on Hanako, especially during their 'almost-act', and Emi is not currently non-stop in his mind. Which would again indicate that he really hasn't made a decision yet (not even subconsciously)... I think anyways ;p
Mind you, when he's actually WITH Emi, he thinks a lot less about Hanako.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
Oscar Wildecat
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:28 pm
Location: A short drive west of Kingdom Come.

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by Oscar Wildecat » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm

bhtooefr wrote: Unless she's just THAT oblivious. Or trolling.
You forget the most dangerous entity in the universe -- the oblivious troll. :)
bhtooefr wrote:
Blasphemy wrote:What I forgot to mention in my earlier reply, I found it curious that Emi didn't seem part of Hisao's mind after their initial talk about all that. Like, in the narration Hisao doesn't e.g. mention that he may better stop this because this ain't right to Emi. I don't want to read much into it even, but it does kinda show that again he was mostly focused on Hanako, especially during their 'almost-act', and Emi is not currently non-stop in his mind. Which would again indicate that he really hasn't made a decision yet (not even subconsciously)... I think anyways ;p
Mind you, when he's actually WITH Emi, he thinks a lot less about Hanako.
This could possibly be attributed to the fact that Hisao is still letting himself be controlled by the events in his life, rather than taking control of those events. Mind you, he's not as bad as he was when we first started this joyride, but it still seems that he has a ways to go.

Anyway, as Blasphemy said, I think when we reach a point where thoughts of Emi (or Hanako) is non-stop, we'll know who the final girl is going to be. (Heaven help us if it's troll-neighbor-girl.)
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by bhtooefr » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:17 pm

And, he is starting to take some control.

Otherwise, this may have been a Whispered Misstep in the making.

(It may well still be a Misstep.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
Blasphemy
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:26 am

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by Blasphemy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:23 pm

dewelar wrote:
Blasphemy wrote:Granted we don't know her character very well yet. I mean, I went through the Lilly route recently and while I can recall her short part of it after you mentioning that I simply can't remember her characterization, if there was much of it to begin with.
For how short her appearance was, there's enough to make some educated guesses.
Gotta congratulate myself, only took 30s from loading up KS to magically picking just the right savepoint (a choice in respond to some Kenji rambling) and fast forwarding to her scene!

There really isn't much to make of her to be honest apart from her slightly dismissive attitude. Though yeh, from what she says, I can imagine that Hisao's 'success' may pique her curiosity.

User avatar
sanduba
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:52 am
Location: Titan, moon of Saturn

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by sanduba » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:37 pm

man wtf is going on

I can't even wonder how the hell you're going to solve all this
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.

User avatar
Leaty
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 pm
Location: Exile

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by Leaty » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am

So I finally got a chance to read this chapter.

As you can probably guess, divergences from canon scenes are something I'm delighted by, so I was happy to read this chapter and surprised at the way things turned out this time around. And I see that you also belong to the school of Making Unimportant Characters Important, so that's cool too, though I don't know how Seaweed Girl is going to fit into this. Count me among the readers who were surprised that she turned out to be interested in Hisao, especially since she's not even in the same year.

If Hisao decided to end this fic completely alone, I wouldn't blame him.

cake307
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by cake307 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:08 am

"Seaweed Girl," as leaty calls her, is clearly what scientists classify as a "homeus wreckerus," which I most certainly didn't just make up and which is real latin I swear. It seems increasingly likely that Lilly will also be a "homeus wreckerus"... and maybe Shizune, too, indirectly. If the fabled deaf tyrant of Yamaku is still alive, that is. Anyways, I was relieved with your changing of the scene from the VN- I didn't like it there, even knowing why it happened, but if you'd done it the same way here your story would've basically imploded into some form of murderfest, I'm sure. And this really doesn't need a "School Days"-esque ending, no sir. I completely agree with leaty, btw- if Hisao chooses to become a hermit or monk or just a lonely single guy I don't think you could blame him. It wouldn't stop me from being sad though. I might be the only one left, but I'm still really hoping for him to end up with Emi in the end xP

User avatar
Leaty
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 pm
Location: Exile

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by Leaty » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:22 am

cake307 wrote:I completely agree with leaty, btw- if Hisao chooses to become a hermit or monk or just a lonely single guy I don't think you could blame him. It wouldn't stop me from being sad though.
Why? There would be nothing depressing about Hisao independently coming to the resolution that he's strong enough to live on his own and he doesn't "need" the companionship of another to have happiness.

User avatar
forgetmenot
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:33 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest.

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by forgetmenot » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:43 am

Leaty wrote:
cake307 wrote:I completely agree with leaty, btw- if Hisao chooses to become a hermit or monk or just a lonely single guy I don't think you could blame him. It wouldn't stop me from being sad though.
Why? There would be nothing depressing about Hisao independently coming to the resolution that he's strong enough to live on his own and he doesn't "need" the companionship of another to have happiness.
Maybe not in the long run, but I can't imagine Emi or Hanako emerging unscathed if this ends up the case.

Ah, speculation.

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by bhtooefr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:14 am

One problem that I could see for Hisao... choosing not to date Emi would probably lose him his running partner.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by Guest Poster » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:01 am

True, but Hanako's a good friend to him too and the way things are escalating here, it seems almost inevitable that he'll end up drifting away from the girl he didn't choose. Which is probably still better than that girl pulling a Misha and continuing to stick to him despite being miserable over it, simply because Hisao told her he'd still like to be friends, but would make for a bitter-sweet ending. Even though Hisao doesn't want to, it's very likely he'll continue hurting one of the girls even after he rejected her, because Yamaku's a rather small school and he'll continue running into her. (Emi's his running partner, but Hanako's his classmate)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by bhtooefr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:13 am

And there's other possibilities for a running partner anyway, Miki for instance.

Or even Hanako. (Longer runs would be one of the few instances where her scars could be an actual disability, due to reduced sweating.)

With Emi, Hanako and Hisao would grow apart for a while, until Hanako got over it, then they'd be able to be close again I think. Lilly would be unhappy with it, but would get over it.

With Hanako, Emi and Hisao would almost completely lose contact, and he'd have to find a new running partner. It'd be bittersweet for Lilly.

With Lilly, Hisao and Lilly might actually lose Hanako as a friend altogether (it all depends on how Hanako sees things, really - if she takes the less charitable option, she'll see it as Lilly directly betraying her. If she takes the more charitable option, she'll see it as Lilly no longer being a moron), Hisao loses his running partner, and will have a harder time finding a new one. Emi and Hanako become friends, though, I think.

With everyone's favorite freckled Chekhov's Gun... not sure. He probably loses Emi, Hanako, and Lilly. Unless it's behind everyone's back, but that's just asking for trouble, and if any of them find out, he DEFINITELY loses all of them in every regard. (I think Hanako will tell Emi and she'll definitely tell Lilly if she knows, I think Emi will tell Hanako if she knows, Lilly will definitely tell Hanako if she knows.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
Mahorfeus
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 30 up 12/31]

Post by Mahorfeus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Leaty wrote:
cake307 wrote:I completely agree with leaty, btw- if Hisao chooses to become a hermit or monk or just a lonely single guy I don't think you could blame him. It wouldn't stop me from being sad though.
Why? There would be nothing depressing about Hisao independently coming to the resolution that he's strong enough to live on his own and he doesn't "need" the companionship of another to have happiness.
I'd agree, but the way things are going, that doesn't seem to be likeliest reason for him to end up alone. I would find it very depressing if he loses both of them not because he realizes he can live without them, but because he decides that they are better off without him hurting them. Or something along those lines.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
The verdict is (finally) in:
Hanako > Rin > Emi > Lilly = Shizune

Post Reply