Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mahorfeus

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 28 up 12/12]

Post by Mahorfeus »

I'm having difficulty imagining what amazing, head-spinning revelation Hisao could come up with that would implore him to choose one way or the other. And that's a good thing.

Just kidding, he's totally going to flip a coin.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I'm almost wondering if it's who beds him first.

And you got your quote tags wrong, hyroglyphixs, just so you know.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

She who bares, wins.

Okay, that was terrible.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Lost In The Fire

Post by Lost In The Fire »

Mahorfeus wrote:She who bares, wins.

Okay, that was terrible.
I had to pause after reading that. That was beyond terrible.

Another great chapter. Still hoping this falls for Hanako, but as the chapters seem to be more and more Emi leaning as the story progresses, I feel that is becoming less and less likely. Then again, the story doesn't really seem to be slowing down to a conclusion yet, so maybe there are more developments ahead.
Some one-shots.
He Didn't Listen - Hanako Bad End
Observations - OC POV
Mmmmm'yep.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

dewelar wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Only minor nitpick is the time-skip. That one could use some visual pointing out.
You're talking about the one from the end of the conversation with Yoshi to the next morning, I presume. Yeah, I couldn't come up with something to fill in that was satisfying to me, so I thought it was reasonable to leave it as it is. I can always ponder and fill it in later if I come up with something (wouldn't be the first time I've done it :) ).
Actually I was talking about something as simple as "***"...
Then again, the story doesn't really seem to be slowing down to a conclusion yet, so maybe there are more developments ahead.
You know, as much as I like this story, make sure you don't drag Hisao's decision out too long. (or that two-timing bastard might lose some sympathy points with the readership ^_^ )
"Hisao, I don't think I want to hear about your problems anymore. I can't even spit out how I feel about the girl I like, and here you are with two, after just breaking up with a third?"
Yoshi's reaction to his "problem" was actually a good example for that.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Actually I was talking about something as simple as "***"...
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I can see that.
Mirage_GSM wrote:
Lost in the Fire wrote:Then again, the story doesn't really seem to be slowing down to a conclusion yet, so maybe there are more developments ahead.
You know, as much as I like this story, make sure you don't drag Hisao's decision out too long. (or that two-timing bastard might lose some sympathy points with the readership ^_^ )
*nods* Fear not, this holding pattern is not going to last more than a few more chapters.

And, for the record, my Mutou is somewhere between Jeremy Irons and Alan Rickman -- a fairly deep, laconic voice.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Lost In The Fire

Post by Lost In The Fire »

dewelar wrote: And, for the record, my Mutou is somewhere between Jeremy Irons and Alan Rickman -- a fairly deep, laconic voice.
That voice. I must hear it, as it sounds fantastic for the character.
Some one-shots.
He Didn't Listen - Hanako Bad End
Observations - OC POV
Mmmmm'yep.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

dewelar wrote:And, for the record, my Mutou is somewhere between Jeremy Irons and Alan Rickman -- a fairly deep, laconic voice.
But isn't Alan Rickman's voice a bit.... snarky?
Or is that only when he's playing Snape? :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
cake307

Post by cake307 »

It's looking like I might get my Emi story, yay! But seriously, Hisao needs to get his butt into gear, whether it's because Lilly get's her head around to the "Holy crap, I want him back and we were so stupid!" idea and returns and forces him to move, or just because of some other deux ex machina, because he's being an idiot. Of course, idiot is our Master of Romance's default setting, and it seems like it's up to 11 in your story, which is a great source of drama and comedy, depending on how it's handled, but it can be somewhat grating on occasion. I mean, what straight man would ever complain about choosing between two attractive girls? And at this point, even though I want him to end up with Emi (and if that becomes impossible, at least back with Lilly), at this point it might be best if he just told them both "Look, I'm not ready for dating, try again in 3 months." Even if he did get with one of them, I'm not convinced they wouldn't be a rebound, which is probably the WORST possible thing for both Emi and Hanako.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mind you, Hisao's entire route with Lilly was about 2 months long, and they were dating for like three weeks.
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

cake307 wrote:I mean, what straight man would ever complain about choosing between two attractive girls?
I think this means you have never had to do that. :?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Took me way too long to figure out which KS character bhtooefr meant in regards to Yoshi's girl :roll:

I'm still looking forward the next chapter, that should be fun.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

cake307 wrote:Of course, idiot is our Master of Romance's default setting...
"Default" implies there are other settings. I'm not sure that's the case.
Anyway, this was the first chapter that didn't leave me thinking Hisao was leaning strongly towards whichever girl the chapter was about. Still seems to end with Emi in the lead, but he does seem more conflicted than in others. Just my impression, anyway.
And I'm wondering about Yoshi's girl trouble. Specifically, I'm wondering if seeing how he goes about it might give Hisao some ideas.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Would it be a stretch to predict that Yoshi's girl trouble and Hisao's girl trouble partially overlap? (and I'm not talking about Emi)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Guest Poster wrote:Would it be a stretch to predict that Yoshi's girl trouble and Hisao's girl trouble partially overlap? (and I'm not talking about Emi)
Well, Yoshi seems to be interested in someone who isn't a student.

Last I checked, Hanako is one.