Communication. (Lelouch X Iwanako)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

TheCatBeyondSpace!

Communication. (Lelouch X Iwanako)

Post by TheCatBeyondSpace! »

Well my time has finally come to contribute to this forum, and I'm gonna do it with something I've never seen before.

A Lelouch and Iwanako fic!

Also I think it goes without saying, but this is a AU (alternate universe) fic.

Anyway. Enjoy! (By the way I couldn't find anything that stated what Iwanako's last name was, or where she used to live so I just thought one up. If anyone know if she has an official last name or city she grew up in please leave it in a reply.)

Act 1: Air Mail.

Chapter 1: Enter Stage Left.

Well it doesn’t look like Mutuo is getting here anytime soon. So I might as well finish that book I got from the library.

I grab my book bag, and pull out a small hard cover book with the title “The Journal of Scott Pendleton Collins. A World War II Soldier.” It says on the front of the cover, with a picture of a soldier in the middle of it.

Okay maybe finish is exaggerating it. Because I’m only to the part where Collins is describing waiting on a boat for a week. I don’t know why, but for some reason there wasn’t a translated version of the book in the library, and while I understand English fairly well I always find myself doing a double take on every word to make sure I have it right.

“What are you reading Lelouch?” The disinterested sounding voice of my friend Takashi Maeda, says from my left.

I show him the cover of the book, and point to the title.

“This,” I reply plainly.

Takashi focuses on the title, and his eyes start slowly making they’re way to the right. Occasionally stopping, and then continuing again.

He’s terrible at reading English. Which is kind of funny considering his grandfather is from England.

He finally finishes reading the title, and looks up at me with a confused look.

“May I ask why you’re reading this?” He asks.

Knowing that this is going to take more then one or two words to tell him I grab my ever so reliable -and massive- note pad, and lay it on my desk.

I pull out a pen as well, and begin writing on one of the pages.

“When are you going to get a reasonably sized note book again?” He asks.

“Never,” I reply as I continue writing.

I glance over at him, and see that he’s staring at the words I’ve already written with a complete look of boredom.

I finish writing, and look over the page to make sure there are no errors.

<It’s the book that the club is reading this week. Akio already finished it, and said that “I hope I never have to go through half of what Collins went through. Especial not anything like Omaha.” So I’m expecting something interesting.>

“Why don’t you guys just read something in Japanese?” he says as he finishes reading from the page.

“Because,” I say plainly. Not wanting to write down just how long we all searched the library for a translated copy.

Takashi looks like he’s going to say something, but then the look on his face turns sour, and he holds both of his hands to his ears before laying his head on his desk.

His ears must be the ringing again.

“Okay?” I ask.

He just slowly shakes his head before closing his eyes.

Poor Takashi. He can barely stand the ringing from the schools bells. So the ringing from the tinnitus must be like hell for him. Wish I could help but there’s nothing anyone can do until it stops.

It’s at this moment that Mutuo enters the room, and stands in-front of his desk while facing the class.

He glances over at the door, and then a girl with long dark hair, kind of pail toned skin, grey colored eyes, and a kind of noticeable but kind of not frown.

“Good morning everyone,” Mutuo begin, “This is your new class mate,” he finishes glancing over to the girl.

“Uh… Hello. I’m Iwanako Daidouji,” She says in a quiet voice.

The entire class mutters “Hello.”

“Okay then. Why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself Iwanako?” Mutuo asks.

“Okay. Well… I uh, like watching movies, and um… I kinda like basketball, and… well…” She’s struggling for anything else to say, “I like playing video games… sort of .”

There’s a small awkward pause. Well she’s run out of stuff to say apparently.

The awkward pause just seems to keep going so I decide to write something down on one of my notebook pages, then I rip out the page, fold it into a paper airplane, and throw it to the new girl.

She notices it, grabs it out of the air, opens it up, and read what I wrote.

She finishes reading, “Also I’m from Tokyo, I went to a public school there before I came here, and I really like music,” she says glancing over at me, and mouthing something that I didn’t catch.

“Thank you for sharing Iwanako. Now class we will be doing group assignments today so form groups of two or three, and I’ll start handing out the work,” Mutuo says to the class before turning to Iwanako, and then pointing over to Shizune and Shiina.

“Poor girl,” I mutter to myself as I watch her walk over, and take a seat right next to Shiina.

Takashi seems to have recovered from the ringing now, and I write on a page in my note book and bring him up to speed on what happened while he was dealing with the ringing.

“She’s sitting by Shizune, and Shiina? Heh, poor girl.”

“Exactly,” as I say this something lands on my desk. It’s a paper airplane. More importantly it’s the same paper airplane I threw at the Iwanako.

I glance over at her, and see that she’s desperately trying to find a way to get out of a conversation with Shiina.

I decide to un-fold the airplane, and I see that the new girl wrote something underneath what I wrote, <Can I please group with you, and your friend? You guys don’t look like walking talking drilling platforms.> I get a chuckle out of that last part.

I glance back over at her, and back down at the piece of paper in my hands.

I put the paper on my desk, and begin writing in my notebook again.

I rip out the page I was writing on, and hand it to Takashi. He looks at the page, and then at the new girl, who seems to be checking if the window by her seat opens so she can escape.

Takashi looks back at me, “Sure. I guess.”

I write on the piece of paper that she can group with us, and turn it back into an airplane before throwing it to her.

She catches it, opens it, looks at my, looks back at Shiina, gets up, and begins dragging her desk over to me, and Takashi.

“Rude much?” Shiina yells to Iwanako, before I write on another page saying “Annoying much?” I rip it out of my book, crumble it up into a ball, and throw it at her.

Iwanako finally drags her desk all the way over to us, and give us a small smile.

“Thanks for the help. I thought my head was going to explode from all her talking,” Iwanako says sitting back down in her desk.

“No problem. By the way, I’m Takashi, and hazel eyes over here is Lelouch,” Takashi say reaching over to ruffle my hair, but I dodge his hand. I hate that nickname by the way.

“Nice to meet you… Oh. I’m-“

“Iwanako Daidouji,” I reply cutting Iwanako off.

“Uh… what?” she asks with a confused look.

“Sorry about that. Lelouch likes to finish other people’s sentences sometimes,” Takashi answers her before I can.

“Yes,” I state flatly grabbing three of the assignment as Mutuo passes by our tables.

Iwanako just looks at me for a minute before glancing down at the assignments in my hand.

After flipping through one of them I’m reminded that this is chemistry. My most hated of all science. I let out an annoyed grunt before handing Iwanako, and Takashi, there assignments.

“Thank you,” Iwanako, and Takashi, say as I hand them there assignments.

As soon as Iwanako opens her assignment I see her frown from earlier returns this time far more noticeable.

“Chemistry… Maybe I should go check that window again,” She says as she looks at one of the formulas.

Meanwhile, Takashi, (Who might as well be the damn god of chemistry.) is already plowing through the first formula.

This is going take awhile…

------

Please leave me your thoughts in the a reply below! (Any, and all criticism is welcome.)
Last edited by TheCatBeyondSpace! on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cats Are God!!!
mindtrapdragon

Re: Communication. (Lelouch X Iwanako)

Post by mindtrapdragon »

Just something about the paper airplanes, they both seem to be really good at aiming them (though I suppose that is possible). However I do not think Mutou would be happy about them being thrown around.
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

mindtrapdragon wrote:Just something about the paper airplanes, they both seem to be really good at aiming them (though I suppose that is possible). However I do not think Mutou would be happy about them being thrown around.
He puts up with misha's loud talking so why wouldn,t put up with the plane
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

LorSquirrel wrote:
mindtrapdragon wrote:Just something about the paper airplanes, they both seem to be really good at aiming them (though I suppose that is possible). However I do not think Mutou would be happy about them being thrown around.
He puts up with Misha's loudness for the same reason he puts up with Shizune's deafness, Miki's missing hand, and Suzu's narcolepsy. There's no medical condition associated with throwing around paper airplanes, though.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Helbereth wrote:
LorSquirrel wrote:
He puts up with Misha's loudness for the same reason he puts up with Shizune's deafness, Miki's missing hand, and Suzu's narcolepsy. There's no medical condition associated with throwing around paper airplanes, though.
And there's no medical condition associated with Misha just being loud either :lol:
And personally, Mutou seems to me to be the kind of teacher who's like "Don't do it" but really doesn't care for rules like those
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

By the way I couldn't find anything that stated what Iwanako's last name was,
There's no official statement on the matter, but I think fanon has more or less agreed on "Daidouji"
And Misha's given name is "Shiina" not "Shinna"
handing Iwanako, and Takashi, there assignments.
...as I hand them there assignments.
"their" in both cases.
So I mine as well finish that book...
Who mine as well be the damn god of chemistry
"might"?
I like it so far. Let's see where you take it from there.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TheCatBeyondSpace!

Post by TheCatBeyondSpace! »

Wow. I wasn't expecting the airplanes to be such hotly debated subject as it is.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and thank you Mirage for pointing out the grammatical errors.

Also some quick news on the fic. As of the next part (almost done just needs a couple more grammar checks, and a decision on what music to suggest for listening) Lorsquirrel, will be officially co-authoring on this fic, and another that I have planned for later.
Cats Are God!!!
Dumanios

Post by Dumanios »

I'll be following this. This is the first time I've ever seen an Iwanako goes to Yamaku fic.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Dumanios wrote:I'll be following this. This is the first time I've ever seen an Iwanako goes to Yamaku fic.
I recommend "Mean Time to Breakdown" then. It's another Iwanako fic where she replaces Hisao. Only 8 chapters so far, so its not that far in yet.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:
Dumanios wrote:I'll be following this. This is the first time I've ever seen an Iwanako goes to Yamaku fic.
I recommend "Mean Time to Breakdown" then. It's another Iwanako fic where she replaces Hisao. Only 8 chapters so far, so its not that far in yet.
I second this recommendation.
Dumanios

Post by Dumanios »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:
I'll have to look at that, then.
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

By the way guys Cat and I were almost done with the chapter before we noticed that it was kinda out of tone of what he wanted from the story so we went back, and started from scratch, but then Cat had something personal come up as we began writing again. So it will be awhile until the next update.