Breaking the Sound Barrier [Update: 2/26]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AntonSlavik020

Re: Breaking the Sound Barrier [Update: 3/17]

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Looks like Hisao has better luck at rock paper scissors than Yuuto does. Also, it's probably just me wearing my yuri goggles again, but I was imagining that Misha and Miki would get together by the end of the fic.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:Also, it's probably just me wearing my yuri goggles again, but I was imagining that Misha and Miki would get together by the end of the fic.
If King Baby Duck and Queen Bee do become a pair, a nice big Miki Milkshake could soften the blow for Misha.

And why do I envision Yuuto at a wedding reception, a happy and triumphant Shizune at his side, a gift wrapped copy of his father-in-law's autobiography in his hands, wondering, "What just happened?!?"
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Shizune and Misha watched and cheered Miki and I on.
"Miki and me"
Which was just her way of leaving Molly and I alone in the room
"Molly and me"
Miki's trying to leave me all alone with Shizune.
"Leave I all alone with Shizune..." Uh.. No, you got it right this time ;-)

Nice chapter.
I'm not sure I could endure this Miki of yours for more than five minutes at a time.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I can think of a worse Miki.

And while I'm horrible about having the yuri goggles too... yep, I saw it.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Kejmur

Post by Kejmur »

Oh come on Assbut, take a hint man ;) (Especially when you take into account red dress, it's such a great color for attracting someone to you, even scientifically proved !).

By the way I really enjoy the way you write your fanfiction, especially as mentioned by many sense of humour which is just spot on and forces so many laughs out of me. You don't force it, it naturally flows, which is something I don't see that often. I think you deserve this praise. I mean it.

Mirage_GSM mentioned how he enjoys this version of Shizune when he dislikes her all of time... This may sound strange, but I feel like I dislike your version of Miki the most. Gosh, some of her comments are so forced that I'm surprised he didn't slap her yet (although it's pretty close few times). It's like she sometimes try waay too hard. Heck, one more serious moment out of her wouldn't hurt, but something just rubs me of so much about her here (but still, they way they argue is hella fun). Of course the technical way you write her dialogues are perfectly fine, it's just the way you describe her. But maybe that's me ? And I still don't feel like I explained this one as well as I want it...

Anyway keep up the great work. I'll keep an eye on your thread ;).

And I the only one who doesn't want Miki & Misha yuri pairing here because it's kind of too popular these days ? :P
Dr.Worm

Post by Dr.Worm »

@AntonSlavik I got it right this time!
The goggles. They do nothing.

@Oscar Wildecat
Followed by Yuuto at the open bar, wondering how Miki managed to convince him that she needed to be the Best Man.

@Mirage
Got 'em. I think. Thanks!

And I'm sure there's some redeeming quality to Miki down there somewhere.

Like really deep down.

@bhtooefr
I hope so. I don't think I want to be known as having the worst Miki.

@Kejmur
Thank you very much! I'm glad my jokes aren't all groaners.

Ouch. My poor Miki is taking a beating today. But I think I get it. Miki's annoying. And she's trying to be funny, but because she's forcing it, it's really just coming off as rude and annoying. I'm sure there's some reason to why she's like that. But, as previously stated, I'm sure Miki's got something redeeming.... deep, deep down inside of her.

Anywho,

Thanks for reading everyone. This next chapter should be it for a little while. I've been sitting on the Tanabata chapters for a while now. So, enjoy!
At least I still have The Worst Miki
Dr.Worm

Post by Dr.Worm »

Previous Chapter:Bad Moon Rising

Chapter 5: Paper Moon, Part One
”In the dark, in the dark, I dare to tell you.”

The pink plastic ring leaves my fingertips and sails through the air. It's my last ring on the last attempt at this stupid game. I didn't even want to play it. I'm shit at carnival games. I thought that Shizune would have caught on to that already, considering my earlier displays of prowess against Miki. The old man behind the counter just shakes his head as the ring bounces off the bottles and to the ground.

"Tough luck, son."

I give him the most half-hearted wave of my hand before turning around to Shizune again.

[Sorry. I'm not very good at carnival games. That's Miki's department.]

Shizune finally tears her gaze away from the prize sitting on the edge of the booth. That stupid little stuffed cat is the reason I offered to walk up and try to play, despite being terrible at carnival games. She smiles at me and the disappointment at my failure shrinks.

[It’s okay.]

Sure. But I think I might have to try and order that exact stuffed animal online now or Shizune may have that look of longing forever.

I didn’t think I’d have that much fun with Shizune, but it’s actually been really nice. But that might be because I’m so used to spending time with Miki. Shizune hasn't made any sex jokes or pulled a "prank" all night. In fact, we’ve spent a lot of the time wandering around the festival and teasing each other. In the end, she's a lot less annoying than Miki is. I’m glad that I get to spend this time with her outside of our Student Council work. Not just because I get to see her in that Yukata.

It’s just nice to see her not in a total work mode. It seems the “Tyrant” of Yamaku actually knows how to unwind.

Earlier, we ran into Molly and Takashi in line for ice cream in town. And I'm quite proud of myself for being civil and not glaring at Takashi the entire time. I don't dislike him or anything. But it's Molly. She's fragile. And my best friend. And I'll punch him if her hurts her. That's all.

Shizune brought up how odd it was that Miki took Misha up the hill to look for them when they were in town. I was able to explain that away with "Well, it's Miki and she's kind of stupid that way." After a second of heart wrenching terror, Shizune just nodded and accepted it. Thankfully.

Not that it was much of a stretch. I think Shizune’s caught on that Miki’s not the brightest.

I was surprised when Shizune pointed out Noriko and the rest of my former music club at one of those goldfish scooping games. Of course, Noriko gave me a wave. When everyone else turned and spotted who she was trying to greet… Well, you could have bottled the guilt dripping from their faces. And lurking off to the side was Takamichi. I guess he’s still part of the music club, despite being replaced by Noriko after his fiasco. He stormed off into the crowd when he realized just who I was. That might be one of the highlights of the night. I can piss him off by just standing there.

It’s like a super power.

But even more surprisingly, I actually had a lot of fun. Me. Fun. That thing that I don't really do that much. Normally, that's what Miki and Molly are doing. Maybe Miki's right. Maybe the Student Council is changing me more than I realized.

But you can only spend so much time sampling food and watching other people play festival games. With nothing left for us to do downtown, we decided to start heading back up to the school. There are still a few stalls to check out up there before we head in for the night. And I should get back up there already. After all, I've promised Molly and Miki that we'd hang out in my room after we were done with our prospective festivities. It'll be a welcome change of pace for the week if I can just spend some time with those two not under the pretense of a study session.

Also, I now have to kill Miki.

We're not the only students heading back up to Yamaku. But it’s not a giant crowd either. Thankfully, the moon is full so I have enough light to still hold a conversation with Shizune, if need be. But for right now, she seems to be content with just putting one foot in front of the other as we plod up the hill. I’m not sure if I have the mastery of sign language to talk and walk at the same time.

Shizune covers her mouth, attempting to hide a yawn.

[Tired already?]

[Yes.]

I pull my phone out of my pocket. Oh jeez. It is getting pretty late. And I have a voicemail from Molly. I hold up a finger to Shizune and open the voicemail before pressing the phone to my ear.

"HEY ASSBUTT DID YOU T-” I cut her off by pulling the phone from my ear and hitting “end”.

Oh joy. It's Miki.

I flip the phone shut and sigh. I don't want to face that girl yet. I wonder if I can squeeze another hour of spending time with Shizune. I slide my phone back into my pocket.

[I think I'm going to go to bed when we get back.] Shizune signs.

Damnit.

[Already? It's still early.]

Shizune shakes her head.

[According to what I saw on the back of your phone, it's late.]

[Well, maybe in your world. Besides, it's a holiday. Who goes to bed at a reasonable time during the holiday?]

[Normal people.] She pouts.

I shake my head. Normal? I'm pretty sure that we're two of the three members of the Student Council at a school for the disabled.

[I don't want to be normal. It sounds boring.]

Shizune rolls her eyes.

[Anyway, isn't it tradition to stay up late on Tanabata?] I add.

[Why are you so adamant about me staying up?]

I don't know. Because I'm not tired? Because I'm avoiding Miki? Because I actually had fun tonight? Because you're my friend and I don't want to go to bed yet? Because you look nice in that yukata? Because I actually like spending time with you? There are a number of reasons. I don't understand some of them, but there’s a ton of different reasons as to why I'm trying to get you to stay up with me, Shizune. And I don't really feel like getting into them.

[Because.]

Shizune snaps at me.

[No no no. That is not a reason!]

[Well, it's a secret then.]

Shizune’s eyes seem to flash. Or maybe they actually do. I don’t know the extent of this girl’s powers.

[A secret, why?]

[I’m not telling. You get to keep secrets from me, don't you? Like why you don't make wishes?] Shizune already doesn't like my response. I can tell from the glare she's currently sporting for me.

[A girl gets to keep her secrets.]

[And a boy has to be mysterious.]

She huffs and it's actually really cute. I like getting her frustrated. She does this thing with her lip that...

Uh.

Nevermind.

[Isn't there something you wanted to do at the school? That’s why we came to town first, right? So you could end the night with something big?]

[I wanted to check out the roof at the school, but I'm sure it's crowded.] Shizune admits.

[The roof?]

[You can see the lights from the town from it.]

I point down the hill. Just between the trees you can see the lights from the festival just fine. As an added bonus, the kids going up the hill aren't stopping to look for a spot to makeout.

[This is just as good.]

She shakes her head.

[No. It's not. You can't see the whole town.]

[You have to be kidding me. It's nice!] I point again. [At least from here they aren't all one big mass of lights. You can still make out the individual stalls.]

[The roof would have been better.] Shizune continues.

Ugh. I just want to stay up a little bit longer so I don't have to look Miki in the face. She's going to give me that big, stupid grin and then ask how my night went. But no matter what words come from my tongue touching the tips of my teeth, Miki's just going to hear what she wants to hear. And that's "SHIZUNE TOUCHED MY DICK. THANKS FOR LEAVING US ALONE MIKI. YOU'RE AMAZING. HERE'S SOME MONEY. I'M THE BIGGEST IDIOT EVER."

That girl and her goddamn ego...

Whatever. I don’t have the stomach to face her in, what I can only assume is, the most smug attitude she’ll ever have. So the only thing I can do is keep Shizune up with me. That’s not a bad thing. Like I said, tonight’s been a lot of fun. I can barely remember how stressful the entire week’s been.

[I bet that I can find somewhere with a better view of the town than the roof.]

Shizunes eyes light up like someone announced they were moving Christmas to her birthday. That might have been the worst choice of words I've ever picked in my entire life. But at least it's seemed to put the idea of sleep out of my companion's mind for now.

[What are you betting with?]

[Money.]

[I don't want your money.] Shizune fixes her glasses. [If you lose the bet, you have to tell me why you don't want to go to bed.]

I roll my eyes. She isn't going to make this easy, is she? But whatever. It’s not like she’ll be able to say this is worse than the roof. It’s secluded. She’ll see the whole festival of lights of the town. It’s perfect. She won’t be able to resist.

[Fine. Come on,] I hop over the guardrail and onto the grass behind it. [Let's go then.]

[Where are you going?]

I extend my hand to her. [I'll help you over this if you need it.]

[It's dangerous on the other side of the guardrail! That's why it's there!] She slaps the object in question with her hand. [And I could get my yukata dirty and-]

[Is that what forfeiting looks like? Because I’m pretty sure that’s what forfeiting looks like.]

There's that stare again. I guess that's the look I'm going to get every time I get past Shizune's thick skin and touch a nerve. I just extend my hand over the guardrail again.

She wraps her fingers around it.

Good.

I don't particularly want to lose this bet.
Last edited by Dr.Worm on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Worm

Post by Dr.Worm »

Chapter 6: Paper Moon, Part Two

[You still tired?]

Shizune narrows her eyes at me. [No. You still haven't told me why you don't want to go to bed.]

I took her over the guardrail and through the shrubs and around a few trees so that we could get a better view of the town below us on the hillside. It didn't take long for us to find a suitable spot that gave us an unobstructed view of the festival lights. It's moments like this where I realize there is some sort of romantic in me trying to escape. The view is really nice though. You can't exactly pick out the details of each stall, but it's not just one mass of blurry lights. You can still see people moving around and stopping at different vendors. The breeze is pulling the various smells into the air and you can almost pick what's cooking at that very moment. Combined with the noise, mostly laughter and mushed-up conversations, it's amazing.

At least I think it is.

I tear my gaze away from the sea of lights under us so I can check on Shizune. We’ve both elected to lean up against the same tree, to appreciate the beauty of the town below us more. So, there's no way that she isn't lost in the moment.

Apparently, she has a somewhat similar thought going through her mind right now. We manage to turn to each other at the same time.

I smile. I hope it looks good.

[You're still hung up about that? It's not even a good secret.]

[We made a bet.]

[Well, we forgot to mention what you were wagering.]

[I'll tell you why I don't like making wishes.]

I shift my shoulders and shake my head. [I don't need that. I bet it's probably because you think it's childish and lame or something.]

[It is not.]

[Why does it matter so much if you know why I'm staying up?]

[Because we made a bet.]

[You are way too competitive.]

[Is that a bad thing?]

I shrug and hold my hands out to the scene in front of us.

[Well, is this as nice as the roof?]

Shizune taps the tips of her fingers against one another as she looks around. After a few moments, she sticks her tongue out at me.

[Not even close.]

[Sticking your tongue out at me? What are you, five?]

Shizune frowns. [Why are you staying up?]

[Because I want to.]

[You're lying.]

I shrug again and smile. Hope this one's good too.

[So? Don't you want me to retain my air of mystery?]

[You're not mysterious. You're grouchy.]

[Miki calls me an "assbutt".] I have to spell assbutt out since I don't know how else I'd sign it.

Shizune covers her mouth to maybe hide a laugh. She doesn't make any noise, so it's kind of weird looking. Cute, because I haven't seen her laugh once since I started spending all this time around her. Just Misha. And when Misha laughs, everyone knows.

[And if you have to know, I don't want to go back to my room because Miki's there and she is being really annoying today.]

[Is that all?]

I roll my eyes. [And because I had a lot of fun with you tonight.]

Shizune snaps her fingers. [I knew it! I knew deep down you could have fun.]

[You're terrible.]

Shizune shrugs. [Maybe I am.]

[But you did take me into the Student Council when I needed you to. And, while it's a lot of work and we tend to not see eye to eye on a lot of things, I suppose it could be a lot worse, couldn't it?]

Shizune raises an eyebrow. I sigh and push my bangs out of my face.

[I'm trying to say "thank you."]

[Then say "Thank you". It isn't hard.] Shizune shakes her head.

[Nevermind. You are terrible.]

Shizune continues to shake her head at me.

[How dare you say such things to your Queen.]

I roll my eyes.

[Have I told you that I really don't like how you've accepted that nickname?]

[No.]

[Well, I don't. It makes it less insulting.]

[I believe that's the point.]

Fantastic. She's even outsmarting me on being an ass. When am I going to come out on top with this girl? Never? Am I going to just spend the rest of my year slaving under her without a shot at the gold? Two months ago, I wanted nothing to do with this girl and now all I want to do is beat her at something. I just want to rip that rug out from under her feet once and catch her off guard. I want to take the words right out of her mout-er, well, hands, I guess...

But that’s part of the reason I like her. It’s those rare times when I finally climb over the wall and get one cheap little joke in at her expense. It’s my Holy Grail. It’s the reason I find myself going back to the Student Council over and over again. Sure, it’s also because she’d probably destroy me if I ever backed out of work. And yes, there’s the whole stipulation with my tuition assistance. But, honestly, it’s mostly this.

If the jabs and snarky comments with Noriko were the reason I stayed with the music club, then Shizune is the boss battle. She’s the heavy weight belt holder of ribbing and teasing. She’s Kilimanjaro. She’s the sparring partner I’ve always wanted.

She’s perfect.

I could just kiss her.

Ha! That’s great! A kiss would totally throw her game. That's the only thing I can't imagine her reacting to so smoothly. And it's not like anyone's around to judge us for it either. It's just us and the moonlight. I doubt that anyone would be able to see us from the road or the town. Just a quick peck or something. What's the worst that could happen? I mean, I'm fairly sure that she wouldn't slap me in retaliation. And even if she did, it might be totally worth it.

Wait.

Did I just...

Her?

My eyes are firmly plastered to the ground. Where was my brain going for that to come up? I mean, I had fun with Shizune tonight. And I've had fun with her building stalls and during the rest of our time spent together. But it's not like that would lead to any sort of romantic entanglement of any sort. And it wasn't even a passing thought for some sort of joke. I just seriously considered pushing my lips against Shizune's.

She is cute, I guess. And why not? I’ve gone my entire school career without a girlfriend. Besides, if the whole school already thinks I’m dating her, what’s the harm, right?

Stop.

I dig my fingers into my temple, trying to push the fuzz away from my brain.

There is no way in hell that I'm going to just let Miki or Naomi be right.

Shizune pokes me in the shoulder. My eyes snap up to her. She can tell that I'm scared about something. I just hope that she doesn't actually know what it is.

[Are you alright? Are you about to have another seizure?]

I shake my head. Though, I kind of wish it was another seizure.

[No. I think I gave my keys to Miki earlier. She could be in my room, messing it up, right now.] I fib.

Shizune covers her mouth again. I hope it's another of those laughs. I stand there, frozen, waiting for her to reply.

[I see. I suppose this would be a good time to head back then?]

[It is late.]

[True.]

I shove off the wall. Don't even look at me anymore Shizune. Don’t. [I'll at least walk you back to the girl's dormitory. Miki would kill me if I just let you go alone in the dark. Even if it is just the school.]

Shizune nods and smiles. The haze in my head gets even stronger. Am I blushing? Dear god I hope I'm not blushing. Don't sweat it Yuuto. It's just the romantic mood taking a hold of you. You totally had similar thoughts during the fireworks show at the school festival, didn't you?

[Good. You should protect your Queen.]
Last edited by Dr.Worm on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Worm

Post by Dr.Worm »

Chapter 6: Paper Moon, Part 3

Miki and Molly hop off the boy's dormitory low surrounding wall as I take the short steps up to the door. Miki's shed her leather jacket for what appears to be one of my old jackets that she stole. Molly doesn't have her orange yukata on anymore, and has on her usual sweater and skirt ensemble.

"Well well well, you were certainly gone a long time, assbutt." Miki pipes up as I open the front door to the Boy's Dormitory.

"Yep. And I'm still mad at you for that." I hold the door open as they walk in before me. "How was your date with Takashi, Molly?"

"G-Good."

"You two looked cute together."

"Th-thank you. Uhm, you and Shizune looked like you were having fun.”

“Yeah. Okay.” Please don’t bring that up, Molly.

Miki gags as I step past them.

"Did you just say cute and not in a sarcastic manner, Yuuto?"

I stop and wheel around. Miki's grin shrinks under my glare.

"Okay, look. I am in no mood for your crap so don't you even start." She cringes as I stab my finger into her forehead. That cringing only lasts for half a second before something else takes over Miki.

Miki growls and swats my hand away. I don't get a chance to threaten her further before she grabs my hair and starts pulling me after her. Molly lets out her usual little whine of terror as she scurries after us down the hall, towards my room.

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow letgoofmyhair ow ow."

Miki doesn't let go until I dig my keys out of my pocket unlock my bedroom door. She flings me into the room and lets Molly in first before slamming the door behind her.

“Yuuto! You cleaned your room!” Molly exclaims, looking around. Oh right. This is the first time Molly’s been here in a week. I guess she really does like Takashi. Normally, nothing gets between Molly and the nightly study sessions.

"You do not get to do this goddamn-freakin'-piece-of-shit-assbutt Yuuto thing when I did you a HUGE favor tonight." Miki digs her finger into the bottom of my jaw, forcing me to lean my head up.

"A favor? What possible part of you stranding me at Tanabata with Shizune is a favor?" I throw my arms out to my side. “Because I certainly didn’t ask for you to do it. And congratulations, by the way, on totally not doing it in the most awkward as hell way you possibly could. There’s no way Shizune couldn’t have caught on to what you were trying to do. So please, explain how that’s a favor.”

Miki places her hand on her hip and tilts her head back to the ceiling.

"Oh gee I don't know! How about the part where you've got a big stupid fat crush on Shizune?"

Molly gasps and covers her mouth with both hands. Miki gives me my famous irritated out of my mind look.

No. No no no. Miki cannot know about what I thought about doing tonight, regardless of if she’s right or not. I will never hear the end of it. She'll torture me forever with it. She'll have the upperhand. She'll always have the upperhand. I will never win another argument with her ever again. All it'll end with is "WELL YOU LIKE THAT ONE GIRL."

Oh right. It's deathly quiet now. I should say something so they don't just jump to stupid, incredibly correct assumptions.

"W-What? Me? Like Shizune? Don't say such stupid things." I shove my hands into my pockets to keep from fidgeting.

Molly lifts her hands from her mouth to break the silence with one word.

"Tsundere."

Miki's scowl slowly turns upwards. Just as slowly I turn my look of pure unfiltered horror-slash-rage away from Miki and to Molly.

The small girl covers her mouth again and looks like she'd rather be at the bottom of a septic tank than in my room right now.

"OH MY GOD. TSUNDERE YUUTO." Miki shrieks.

"I'm going to kill you Molly."

Molly lifts her hands from her mouth again.

"WhateveryoulikeShizune." She squeaks.

Miki throws herself onto my bed and shoves her face into my pillow to muffle the roars of laughter coming from her.

"I'msosorry." Molly covers her mouth again.

Miki rips her head from my pillow and beams at me.

"You do! You so do!"

"Wh-Why would you say that?"

"You stare at her all the time."

"Bullshit. And even so, I sort of have to look at her because we use sign language. It’s a freaking visual language."

"Pffft. I meant like when we were building stalls the other day. You kept looking over to her when we were working on the stalls separately."

"Wrong. I was just checking if she was ahead of me. Try again!"

"Uh, okay, how about the fact that you two bicker like an old married couple?"

"You and I do that!"

“No. We fight. You two bicker.”

“WE DO THAT TOO!”

"Yeah, but I'm me and you're you and Shizune is Shi.Zu.Ne." Miki stabs me in the chest with a finger on each syllable.

"That sentence doesn't make any sense."

"It makes perfect sense, assbutt. It means that you and I have ALWAYS done this. But Shizune? Oh ho ho. Not Shizune. This is new. You used to actually hate going to see Shizune and Misha. Remember?" She jumps off my bed and stands with Molly in front of me.

Molly nods, not moving her hands. I think she's actually scared I'll kill her if she says anything else.

"No."

"Yes you do. Before you punched Takamichi, you were a complete ass. You never smiled. You never did anything nice. You were an assbutt to the core. And then you got into the student council and now you playfully bicker with the Queen Bee more than you do with me. And you enjoy it. You don't even get annoyed like you do with me. And you're nice! You do nice things and you make jokes. You changed because of Shizune."

"I did not! And just because I argue with her does not mean I like her."

"That's just the thing! You don't argue all irritated and annoyed like you do with me. You're totally silly and cute when you argue with her. Frankly, it's sickening to look at but it means one thing!"

Miki grabs me by the shoulders and places her forehead against mine.

"You want to hit that.”

Oh.

Oh.

Oh god.

They're right. I like Shizune.

And there’s no sense in trying to deny it from these two or myself any longer.

It makes sense. I told her about Daichi at the drop of a hat. I hate myself when I disappoint her now. And I actually go out of my way to spend time with her and stupid student council work. There was no reason I couldn't have just bailed out on half the work by claiming I had errands to run. Hell, I even went and pushed a bunch of actual errands back so that I could help her. And I didn't complain about them! Well, much. I didn’t complain about them that much.

Miki lets go of me and I fall back onto my bed. I manage to hit the back of my head on the wall on the way down.

"Ow."

Molly and Miki are suddenly there, helping me back up into a sitting position as my head reels in pain, physical and mental. They're right. It wasn't just some stupid romantic moment taking a hold of me tonight. I actually enjoy spending time with Shizune and not just tonight. I want to spend more time with the Queen Bee of Yamaku and...

And I apparently want to do other things too.

Shiiiiiiiiit.

"Oh god. What is wrong with me?"

Miki shrugs. "A list of things, but young love is the least of your worries. You're also sort of ugly and a dick."

Molly swats Miki on the back of the head in a stunning display of courage.

"Miki, shush. Yuuto is being serious."

Miki pouts and for some reason pretends that Molly actually hurt her by rubbing the back of her head.

“Okay. There. You two know it now.” I place my hand against my forehead, trying to clear my thoughts for two seconds. “I like Shizune. Go ahead and make fun of me for it.”

Miki and Molly glance at each other.

“Well if you’re just going to come out and say it, then there’s no point in making fun of you for it, stupid.” Miki sighs.

Molly just smiles at me. It’s actually rather comforting.

My bed creaks as they sit down on each side of me. Miki slides her arm over my shoulder. I guess she’s trying to comfort me.

“Besides, I think you two would be cute together.” Miki continues.

I lift my hand from my head and look at my friend.

“I mean, it’s really weird and frankly, kind of sickening, but cute in a way I guess.”

“Miki, stop it.” Molly hisses.

“Gah, you’ve even got Molly being all feisty, assbutt.” She grins at me. “So what, you ask her out or anything?”

“No.”

Miki’s arm slides off of me and she shoves me.

“Yuuto! That’s why I left you two alone!”

“He doesn’t have to ask her out just because you got them alone, Miki.”

“Yes, he does. That was sort of the point.” Miki sticks her tongue out at Molly.

“I took her to this spot to see the lights from the town and… I kind of maybe thought about kissing her.” I mutter.

Miki’s head slowly turns back to me. The size of her grin is unprecedented. I didn’t even think it was humanly possible. That smile breaks the laws of physics. It actually hurts my head to keep looking at it.

“Ya don’t say.”

Molly lets out the tiniest giggle.

“That’s cute.”

“And then I brought her back here and I don’t… Yeah. That’s it.” I shake my head again. It’s been a long night. And while the stress from the week melted away at the festival tonight, it’s been replaced by this new form of stress. I’d rather deal with a seizure than this any day of the week.

“Jeez, Yuuto. For someone who acts all tough and mean, you’re a pretty big wuss under all of it, aren’t ya?”

“Miki!” Molly swats her again.

“Gah! Will you cut it out?”

“When you stop being so… you.” Molly shakes her head before focusing on me.

“Don’t listen to her, Yuuto.”

“She’s right though. I mean… If I do like her, I should just tell her.”

“Well yeah. Duh. Don’t pull a Molly.” Miki comments. She shrugs at Molly’s death glare.

Molly pats me on the shoulder and gives me another of her comforting smiles. "It's a crush, Yuuto. Whether or not you pursue it is up to you. And you're not ugly, by the way."

"But you are kind of still a dick." Miki adds.

I frown and stare at the floor. I guess that's true. What Molly said, not Miki's insult. This is my last year in high school. I could just let this all blow over and never think about it after this year. I mean, that's what I've always thought I would done if I actually liked a girl like this. I’m Yuuto Miyamoto. I’ve got my future to worry about. A future of whatever job I can get to help my family out.

"I kind of thought it would have been Misha, but eh, Shizune is just as awkward and hillarious."

"Miki. That's not helping." Molly chides.

"What? He's totally acting like he’s in middle school. It's great! This is the most immature I've ever seen him act."

"And that's definitely not helping, Miki."

"How the hell do we help with this? This is Yuuto we're talking about. He's just going to do nothing and-"

"What do I do?"

“What do you do about what?” Miki asks.

"I mean, what do I do? Maybe I want to ask her out. But she could say no. I mean, this is Shizune. The Queen Bee of Yamaku. And honestly, all I’ve really done is cause trouble for them. They took pity on me and let me join the Student Council after I punched Takamichi and… Not to mention Shizune’s my boss.” I push my bangs back as I run my hand through my hair. “I mean, that’s another thing. She’s my boss. What if I get kicked out of the Student Council because I’ve made it awkward and I lose my tuition assistance and… So what do I do?”

“What do you do about what?” Miki repeats.

“Asking Shizune out. Or ignoring it and just shoving it down into my stomach until it festers into cancer and kills me?”

Miki opens her mouth, shuts it and opens it again. Molly just clenches her jaw and starts pulling on her braids. Seriously? Now they shut up? When I actually want them to talk?

"Guys. I think it's time to start talking because I might just freak out soon."

Molly turns to Miki again and lets out an almost inaudible whine. Miki just rolls her eyes and pats me on the cheek.

"Yuuto. Listen up, because I don’t like being serious with you. It makes my skin crawl and I’m pretty sure I’ll puke, but you’re my friend and I have one thing to say if you want to bump uglies with Shizune.”

"Go out with her. Don't get carried away, Miki." Molly mutters.

"Right. Right right right." Miki wiggles her fingers at Molly.

“You lose one hundred percent of the battles you don’t fight, man.”

I blink.

“What?”

Miki groans and shakes me by my shoulder.

“It means you’re just going to miss out on something that could be totally cool if you do nothing. You gotta at least try, man.”

“Okay… But, when? I mean, it’s super hard to get her alone and I’m not just going to ask her out in front of Misha. And now that she's done with all her make-up work, I'm sure she'll be attached to Shizune's hip again.” I shove her arm off of me. My head is shaken already, Miki. I don’t need it done more.

“Good point. That would… be pretty tasteless, I guess.” Miki lowers her head.

Is she deep in thought? Seriously? Am I that undateable? Am I that unappealing?

Eons pass, before Miki looks up again. Her eyes are wide. The grin I thought would be there isn't. She turns her gaze to me and opens her mouth.

"Did you email your Mom yet? I mean about me coming over for the long weekend?”

"What? No. What does that have to anything?"

Miki's grin suddenly appears.

"Tell her that you're bringing more people."

One Shot:To Start a Fire [18+]
Next Act:Mighty
Last edited by Dr.Worm on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brythain

Re: Breaking the Sound Barrier [Act 2 Finished: 3/21]

Post by brythain »

Oh, nicely done, this Act. Young and ungainly love at its finest canter. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

When am I going to come out on top with this girl?
You know, he's really lucky Miki wasn't able to hear this thought...

Nice chapter again. Not only is your Shizune actually likeable, but your OC makes a better match for her than Hisao does :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Have I mentioned how much I love your Molly? Because I do. In Yuuto's position, I likely would have ended up dating her. This chapter made me like her even more. Who knew she had that kind of backbone in her? Also glad to see finally admit to himself his feelings for Shizune, even if he hasn't acted on it yet.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Followed by Yuuto at the open bar, wondering how Miki managed to convince him that she needed to be the Best Man.
If he's wondering that, he needs to have his head examined. She's been an excellent wingman so far. (Also annoying, like any good bro should be. :wink: )
Tsundere.
I lost it right there. I was laughing along with Miki. :lol:
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Dr.Worm

Post by Dr.Worm »

@Brythain
Thank you!

@Mirage
I can't believe I didn't notice that line's double meaning.

Glad I was able to change your mind about Shizune and about Yuuto and Shizune shacking up.

@AntonSlavik
I'm quite fond of Molly as well. I wish I knew how to work her into the story a little more. But Miki is much more fun to write for.

I have thought about writing a few short pieces about what would happen of she and Yuuto had dated though. Maybe someday.

@Oscar Wildecat

"But the Best Man is supposed to be a man!"

"Uh, does gender equality mean anything to you, assbutt?"

I actually kind of sort of lost it too when writing that part for the first time.

Glad someone else found it funny too.
Dr.Worm

Post by Dr.Worm »

So a few days ago, I said I'd not be posting anything for a while. While digging through my bits and pieces of scenes I wrote for Yuuto, I found this. It's one of the first pieces I wrote with him, back when I was planning on using him for a Miki story. It was supposed to be a short story, consisting of five pieces, each one taking place a year after the preceding chapter. This is also my first attempt at writing smut. So I polished it up a bit and decided to post it as a one shot. Yuuto and Miki are a little different. I'm sure you'll catch on. Anyway, enjoy. Hopefully this will hold over anyone who needs it until I can finish the next act up.

One Shot: To Start a Fire [18+] (Or a molotov, if we rip up this shirt and stuff it into that bottle of scotch.) Part One

I decided to surprise my family by coming home two days earlier than I told them I would be home.

The two women seated across from me stare on as I scarf down another cheese sandwich from my plate. My mother made them, bless her soul. I can tell she did too just by looking them. Her cooking isn't anywhere near Dad's level. Even her sandwiches are a little lackluster next to his. Still it's the thought that counts, I suppose. I'm still grateful that she whipped them up for me. After traveling with no food all day, this starving college student is extra-starving.

But there's one little thing snagging this surprise visit to my parent's. The girl sitting next to my heavyset mother is quite the surprise. I knew I'd be seeing my mother this weekend but the other one... Not so much.

Besides a few plants, the restaurant hasn't changed. It's a small little diner. There are four tables and three booths in three corners. My dad runs the kitchen. My mother takes the orders and pours drinks. My sister and I would help out after school with busing tables and cleaning dishes for my father. We're pretty busy for such a little hole in the wall. But with my medication and all the special attention Daichi, my older brother, needs, my parents have never expanded the shop.

But apparently they're happy. And that's fine by me.

"So, how's school going this time?"

I quickly chew up what's in my mouth and swallow.

"It's going okay. I study hard. Have a few friends. Went to an actual party." I wave the remaining half of my sandwich at my mother. "You know, the whole college experience and whatnot. Didn't we just talk about that last week?"

My mother nods.

"I'm your mother. I'm required to ask about this every time we talk, smart-ass." She sniffs.

"Since when do you go to parties, assbutt?" The other one says.

I drop my sandwich back onto the plate, fixing the annoying one with a hard stare. It's nice to see she hasn't changed in the year I haven't seen her. Except for the haircut. That's new.

Her long dark wild locks have been cut to a more manageable shoulder length. It curls at the end, and still has the trademark fly-aways at the top of her head. Miki's always had long hair. I wonder why she's cut it now. Though, it's probably because my mother made her cut it to stay at the restaurant.

"I don't know. When'd you start freeloading off my family?"

Miki sticks her tongue out at me. My mother reaches across the table and smacks me on the top of my head.

"Miki is not freeloading. Do you really think I'd let her get away with that?"

I rub the offended part of the top of my head. Okay. She definitely hits a lot harder than I remember.

"I'm a full time waitress for your parents. On Sundays, I work with your sister and we run the store for your parents." Miki says, with the confidence of someone telling me a more impressive feat. I'd understand if she had told me she robbed a bank with nothing more than a rubber-band, but working for my parents full time isn't impressive at all.

But that does explain the haircut. Mom always ragged on her about it in high school. Long hair in a kitchen often leads to problems. Hair accidentally getting in food. Hair hitting open flames and catching fire. Hair purposely getting placed in food.

All three things Miki's done.

"So, you're doing what I did every summer growing up since I was fourteen?" I ask, before taking another bite of my sandwich.

"Yeah, but I get paid for it." Miki smirks.

I chew slowly, staring back at her. She gives me a wink. The wink she always gives when she thinks she's won. Yep. Same old punchable Miki.

"How many fires did you set?"

Miki's ego deflates and she frowns.

"I'm amazed you haven't gotten fat at college. I'm sure you're not working out."

"I do work out. The campus has a student gym, actually." I reply, placing my sandwich remains on the plate. "And you? I assume you've gained a few pounds eating my parents cooking and being a lazy ass for-"

"Yuuto!" My mother smacks me again.

"For your information, I still go running. In fact, Nana goes with me every other morning before school."

"Are you sure Miki hasn't just been throwing up into the toile-OW!"

My mother lifts her hand from the top of my head.

"Stop being an ass already! Miki's been filling in for you just fine!"

I grimace as she picks up my plate. Any idea I have of complaining is shot down under the dark glare of my Mother as she stands up with my plate in hand. It's the look that reminds me she does still have it in her to go into the kitchen and get a wooden spoon to take to my backside as she did when I was little.

"I'm going to make sure your father doesn't need help cleaning the kitchen." She slips out from the booth, still glaring at me.

"I suggest you be nicer to Miki if you want someplace to sleep tonight."

I roll my eyes.

"Please. Like you'd really kick me out for making fun of the most annoying girl on the planet."

My mother shakes her head as she walks off to the door leading to the restaurant's kitchen. "No. But she might not let you stay in her room."

"Why would I need to stay in her room?"

Miki flashes me a grin. The kind of grin that says she knows something I don't know.

"What is she talking about? Why do I have to stay in your room?"

Miki just smiles at me.

"What did you do Miki?"

"I didn't do anything, assbutt. It's Daichi."

"Well, remember how your parents said Daichi could use the spare room as a studio now if he was selling his castle things?" Miki says in dripping fake sweetness.

"And he has his first exhibit coming up." I groan. Right. Mom told me that over the phone five months ago and it barely registered over me studying for my industrial revolution history class.

"Yep!" Miki smacks her palm against the table between us. "And guess who's staying in your old room!"

Son of a bitch.

"Fantastic." I run my hand through my hair.

"Oh relax, assbutt. I'm not going to kick you out of your old room." She smiles and stands from the table.

"But you get to sleep on the futon."

Pffffft. Yeah, right. This is my house. I'm not sleeping on that ratty old thing.

"I'm not sleeping on the futon."

Miki blinks twice before turning to the kitchen window behind the front counter. She cups her hand to her mouth and takes a deep breath.

"HEY AUNT TSUBAKI! DOES YUUTO HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE GUEST FUTON?"

"Oh my god I hate you so much right now, Miki."

"IF HE KNOWS WHAT'S GOOD FOR HIM, HE WILL!"

Miki turns to me and winks.

She wins.

---

I unfold the old beige futon my parents dragged out of the closet and drop it on the floor. It smells like the closet, which is probably because it hasn't been dragged out of there since Miki last came to visit before I went off to my first year of college. It's musty. It's dusty. There's a patch of duct tape in the middle of it. It's itchy. It's damp.

And most importantly, it makes me think that my parents secretly hate me.

The one thing I'm glad about is Miki hasn't exactly torn my room apart. In fact, excluding a few girly touches, it looks exactly the same. I'm sure the closet is full of Miki's clothes now. Mine have apparently been put into storage in Daichi's studio. But my bed and all my furniture is still in place. My bookshelf full of old, second-hand CDs and cassette tapes dominates the wall across from my bed. If I had the money for a record player, I would have collected vinyls. Even my old Yamaha keyboard is undisturbed, sitting in the corner next to the one window in my room. Miki's pulled the blue curtains back so you can see out onto the street below us and into the inn across the street.

I run a hand through my damp hair and mess it around. I took the first shower and Miki jumped in after me, scaring me as I pulled on my t-shirt, with promises of a surprise for me when she got back. I'm a little scared of what that could be. Miki's usual surprises were actually pranks and after riding trains all day to come home and surprise my parents, I'm too exhausted to put up with any of Miki's crap.

And now I get to sleep on this garbage. Fantastic. My trip home is off to a great start.

I stand up and look around to the small changes. Miki's put up a poster of that stupid kid's pop group she was obsessed with in our first year. Mini Moni? Yeah. That's them. And I'm pretty sure the only reason she likes them is because she has a girl crush on one of them. What was her name? Mika? I know it's really close to Miki.

Eh. Whatever. All I know is that it looks hideous on the green wall of my room.

Other than that, there's a pink laundry basket filled with Miki's dirty clothes, her monkey head alarm clock is on top of my mini-fridge and there are some pictures of us from Yamaku taped to the wall next to my bed.

I sit down on the plaid quilt of my bed and pick one of the pictures from the wall. It's of me, Miki and Molly laying down on the roof of the school. Miki's in the middle, winking. Molly's smiling and I'm on the right, wincing in pain because Miki pretty much threw me onto the gravel covered roof so she could take the picture.

"Molly must have apologized for me a thousand times that day."

I turn my head to Miki standing in the doorway. She flings the yellow towel around her neck into the laundry basket without even looking at it. Her hair is a little tamer now that it's all wet. She's traded her jeans and the black polo shirt my mother calls a uniform for a pair of purple pajama bottoms and a slightly too big black shirt with a faded image of- Hey!

"Billie Holiday? That's my shirt!"

Miki tugs at it and looks down.

"Yeah. Your mom said I could have it. I sleep in it now." She lets go of the shirt and frowns at me.

"What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that I've been looking for that damn shirt for two years!" I exclaim. She doesn't even deserve to wear it. "Do you even know who Billie Holiday is, Miki?"

"She's that jazz singer right? The one with that song about how that guy calls her crazy and she's crazy in love with him or whatever?" Miki scratches her cheek as she answers me relatively correctly.

Wait. How did she answer me correctly?

"It's called "Crazy He Calls Me" and how did you know that?"

Miki rolls her eyes. "You only never shut up about her when we talked about music, assbutt." She shakes her finger at me, frowning. "You know, I do actually listen to you when you talk."

"Bullshit."

"I do!" Miki drops her hand to her hip and shakes her head. "Honestly, a little faith in your friends would be nice."

I sigh and shrug. Okay. Fine. Maybe I'm laying the asshole on a little thick tonight. Sure, Miki's basically moved in with my parents and taken over my room, but she hasn't destroyed the place. In fact, if not for those three little things, I'd never have known she was here.

"Okay. Sorry."

Miki smiles and points to my bookshelf.

"Also, I looked through your CDs to find out who she was a month ago. I even listened to her. She's not bad. No idea what she's singing though."

I frown. "I should have known. How long have you been working for my parents anyway? You didn't say anything about it when we talked last."

"You mean when you called me three months ago?" Miki raises her eyebrow, challenging me to try and make that statement not seem bad.

"Okay. Maybe I could make some time to call you and Molly more." I admit.

"Ya don't say." She stoops down and picks up a bag from just behind the doorframe. "Anyway, I started working for them two months ago. Your mom didn't mention it?"

Maybe she did. I've been so busy with my schoolwork that I'm usually multitasking when calling home. I'm terrible at it. I never remember either side of my multitasking when I do it.

"She might have and I could have tuned it out if I was studying."

Miki just shakes her head at me again. "Some friend you are."

"Har har. I'm sorry. I was a little busy with school." I tilt my head at the long paper bag in her hand. "What's in the bag?"

Miki's grin reappears as she holds the bag out to me. She takes the five steps over to me and pushes it into my outstretched hand.

"A welcome home present and your surprise."

"So booze then?"

"Wha-How'd you know it's-"

"Miki you handed me a bottle in a brown paper bag. What the hell else would it be?" I roll my eyes and peel the bag down.

Jesus. It's not even cheap stuff. In fact, the rounded bottle and black label look familiar.

"Scotch? Did my Dad help you pick this out?"

"Did he help me? Dude, I just gave him money and told him to get something you might like."

I chuckle and pull the bottle out of the bag.

"Figures. This is what my dad drinks. I've tried it off him before, but never actually got to drink more than a sip of it." I hold the bottle up in salute and give Miki a smile. She smiles back and I feel a little better about her being here.

As annoying as Miki can be, I've genuinely missed her. How could I not? I spent three years at Yamaku with her and Molly. I couldn't get rid of her for a single day either. I guess you could say I got attached to her.

"Thanks, I guess." I lower the bottle. "I just hope that this doesn't make me go bald like my father."

"It better not. I won't have anything to grab." She replies.

I blink.

"What?"

"When you're being a crapface, assbutt." Miki remarks, before dropping her butt onto the bed next to me.

"Har har."

Miki eyes the bottle in my hand. "You gonna crack open that bad boy or what?"

Ha! Of course.

"I should have known that if you got me a gift, I'd have to share it with you." I remark, passing her the bottle of scotch.

"Dude, one hand. I can't open this on my own." She passes it back to me and I push it right back.

"Hold it between your thighs, Miki."

"What? No. What if I spill it? This shit was expensive, Yuuto." She remarks, pushing the bottle into my hand until I actually take it.

I sigh and grab the bottle with both hands.

"Then let's open it together. We are going to drink it together, right?"

Miki grins. "Awww'h. Looks like Yuuto does have a sweet side."

"I'll punch you."

"And there it went!" Miki laughs and grabs the metal top to the bottle. "Fine fine fine. I'll help you open it."

Miki wrenches with the cap for a moment before it pops and she twists it off. She places the cap on my mini-fridge and opens it.

"Here. I put some glasses in here to chill earlier. There's ice too."

"Oh, we aren't going to drink straight from the bottle like men?"

Miki twists her head to me and frowns.

"Uh, no. We aren't barbarians. We're classy people, Yuuto. We'll drink from chilled glasses."

I place the bottle on the floor as Miki pulls two short glasses out of the fridge and passes one to me.

She frowns as she pulls out a little bowl of ice.

"Is your girlfriend going to be upset if you drink with another girl? Even if it is just me."

I take the ice from her and toss four cubes into my glass.

"My girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Your mom mentioned you found a girlfriend at your university when I started. Not like you would have told me or anything."

I turn to her and give her back the bowl.

"Are you going to be upset that I didn't tell you I have a girlfriend?"

Miki places her stump against her chest. "Well, yes, Yuuto. I am. I'm your oldest, dearest friend and I don't know why you feel like you can't tell me you have a girlfriend."

I start laughing and nearly drop my glass from how much I'm shaking. I only stop when Miki starts hitting me with her fist and forearm.

"Why are you laughing? Why didn't you tell me about your girlfriend?" She continues to hit me as she cries out.

I hold up my other arm to block her and shove down the urge to laugh again.

"Maybe because I don't actually have a girlfriend."

Miki's arms slide off mine.

"You don't?"

I shake my head.

"No. I was just tired of my mom asking me why I didn't have one every time she called me." I pick up the bottle again. "So I invented one. The questions stopped."

Miki clutches her stomach and doubles over in laughter. I punch her in the shoulder to get her to stop. I already know she's laughing at me. Punching is usually the fastest way to get her to stop.

"You are such a loser!"

"Yeah yeah yeah. But is that okay then? Can we drink now?"

Miki holds up a finger. "Just let me not die laughing first."

I groan and pass her the bottle.

"Come on, the pretty lady pours first right?" I hold up my glass. "Just two fingers. Do we have bottled water in there?"

"Two fingers? What's that?" Miki pouts.

"It's how you measure drinks when you pour them. You insisted on being classy." I explain. I think that's right. I haven't actually ever poured alcohol before, so I wouldn't really know from personal experience.

"And bottled water? Why?"

"It's how Sinatra drank his whiskey."

"This is scotch." Miki holds the bottle up so I can read the label.

"Scotch is whiskey."

"Okay then who the hell is Sinatra?"

"Frank Sinatra. Of the Rat Pack." I scoff.

Miki stares at me blankly.

I groan.

"Seriously? How are we friends and you don't know who Frank Sinatra is? How do you honestly call yourself my friend?" I exclaim.

"Yuuto, name three bands I like." Miki sneers.

Ha!

"Mini Moni. Speed. Daft Punk."

"Name three more."

"Tackey and Tsubasa. Scandal. Berryz Kobo."

Miki opens her mouth but snaps it shut as I hold up my glass. I slide my finger up the side of the glass.

"Two fingers is right about here, I think." I wink.

Miki groans and starts pouring scotch into my glass.

"You better be a fun drunk."
Last edited by Dr.Worm on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.