Hanako and Hisao –Road to Tokyo Conclusion Update!

WORDS WORDS WORDS

fluffy_pink

Re: Hanako and Hisao –Road to Tokyo Conclusion Update!

Post by fluffy_pink »

Congratulations on a job well done!

The conclusion was satisfying, I had a good laugh at the accidental proposal. I think my favourite part overall was the karaoke scene. I squee'd like a fangirl when Kenji started singing Metal Machine. It's not hard to imagine him in Joakim's place...

It's been a fun ride, thanks for having us along. :D
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

BEST. PROPOSAL. EVER.

Seriously though, that probably is my favorite proposal in KS fanfiction. Oddly enough, the only other unusual proposal that I can remember also involved Hanako. Hisao proposed to her wearing nothing but a towel.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Lemmy7003 wrote:I'm sad that this is over, but it ended in the best way I could hope - hat off to you, my good sir!
Thanks, glad you liked it :).
fluffy_pink wrote:Congratulations on a job well done!
The conclusion was satisfying, I had a good laugh at the accidental proposal. I think my favourite part overall was the karaoke scene. I squee'd like a fangirl when Kenji started singing Metal Machine. It's not hard to imagine him in Joakim's place...
Yeah, I've become a bit of a power metal fan over the last year. Sabaton, Hammerfall, and Dragonforce are major parts of my youtube playlists these days (especially Sabaton, because of all the fan videos that use Warhammer and Girls und Panzer screenshots to go with the music.)

My music tastes are rather eclectic, actually, including Rat Pack, power metal, classic rock, classic metal, Japanese rock, and of course K-On! (pretty much the karaoke scene.)
It's been a fun ride, thanks for having us along. :D
You are all quite welcome, and thanks for comin' along, even if I ate all the Doritos.
AntonSlavik020 wrote:BEST. PROPOSAL. EVER.

Seriously though, that probably is my favorite proposal in KS fanfiction. Oddly enough, the only other unusual proposal that I can remember also involved Hanako. Hisao proposed to her wearing nothing but a towel.
I think I remember that story.

I figured a quirky proposal was befitting their relationship, so I ran with it. Glad it worked out, so thanks :).
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
griffon8

Re: Hanako and Hisao –Road to Tokyo Updated 8/14

Post by griffon8 »

Hoitash wrote:Kenji, Hisao, and Kwan took the left-most seats with Emi, myself, and Misha taking the next three.
No place for Lilly to sit?

Also, I only just noticed you have the very bad habit of using two spaces after periods. Tsk, tsk. Apparently, the forum knows better and eliminates the extra space for you.

As for the whole story, I have finally gotten around to finishing it. Good job all around. Pretty sure I laughed the most at multiple people telling Lilly what they thought of her first choice for karaoke. Even if I do like the idea of Lilly singing 'The Major-General's Song'.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

griffon8 wrote:
Hoitash wrote:Kenji, Hisao, and Kwan took the left-most seats with Emi, myself, and Misha taking the next three.
No place for Lilly to sit?
Whoops, better go fix that quick.
Also, I only just noticed you have the very bad habit of using two spaces after periods. Tsk, tsk. Apparently, the forum knows better and eliminates the extra space for you.
Now that I'm not working for a paper I'm gonna have to be more conscious of double spacing.
As for the whole story, I have finally gotten around to finishing it. Good job all around. Pretty sure I laughed the most at multiple people telling Lilly what they thought of her first choice for karaoke. Even if I do like the idea of Lilly singing 'The Major-General's Song'.
Thanks, glad you liked it :)

I have no doubt Lilly doing a rendition of a Gilbert and Sullivan showtune would be quite entertaining. Unfortunately, we seem to be outvoted by the KS cast in this regard.

I'll have to think up lyrics for a KS version of the song, now.
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hoitash wrote:I'll have to think up lyrics for a KS version of the song, now.
Way ahead of you there...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TacticalBacon

Post by TacticalBacon »

That...was... beautiful

Rock on, fine chap
My Steam
My Twitter
My Tumblr
My skype is HakimAthalla21
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Huh, did not know that. And now I do, so I thank you :).
TacticalBacon wrote:That...was... beautiful

Rock on, fine chap
I'm unfortunately not sure which one of us you're talking to, but thank you, and we both shall.
TacticalBacon

Post by TacticalBacon »

Hoitash wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
Huh, did not know that. And now I do, so I thank you :).
TacticalBacon wrote:That...was... beautiful

Rock on, fine chap
I'm unfortunately not sure which one of us you're talking to, but thank you, and we both shall.

Referring to everyone here <3
My Steam
My Twitter
My Tumblr
My skype is HakimAthalla21
octovaitor

Post by octovaitor »

Wooooo! Excellent read. Good fanfiction is a hell of a drug! Keep writing, for all of our sakes!
Well, you can take me for a little while
You can take me, you can make me smile in the end.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

octovaitor wrote:Wooooo! Excellent read. Good fanfiction is a hell of a drug! Keep writing, for all of our sakes!
Thanks, I'll see what I can do :wink:.

Don't forget to :shameles self plug: check out my tumblr blog for my non-KS writing, if that's your thing :shameless self plug:.
William072

Re: Hanako and Hisao –Road to Tokyo Updated 8/21

Post by William072 »

Hoitash wrote:>"THE END."

>another good fanfiction comes to a close

pls no. ;_;

I really hate this feel, Hoitash. I've been following this since it made it's appearance on the forum, and I must say this was an... extremely good read, actually, and a bit unexpected. Thank you very much for this, I just hate it when the story ends.
Hoitash

Re: Hanako and Hisao –Road to Tokyo Updated 8/21

Post by Hoitash »

William072 wrote:
Hoitash wrote:>"THE END."

>another good fanfiction comes to a close

pls no. ;_;

I really hate this feel, Hoitash. I've been following this since it made it's appearance on the forum, and I must say this was an... extremely good read, actually, and a bit unexpected. Thank you very much for this, I just hate it when the story ends.
Thanks for reading, glad you liked it :).

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. I planned for this summer series to run through the summer, and managed to do it, which was cool. It was nice to write something a little more grounded in sanity, as well.

So thanks again for everyone who read, commented, and posted edits. Now we shall all look onward to the next great adventure, while also cherishing the experiences of the past ones.

Knew I shoulda minored in philosophy.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Okay, so, I may or may not have gotten too busy with other things and didn't actually read the last three chapters until very recently--that being within the last ten hours. Such that there has been a bit of material between here and there, I considered being methodical and detailed in my comments, but there weren't many things I had issues with, and only a few worth noting. Thing is, I forgot to keep track of them.

My consciousness was compromised by lack of sleep...

Anyway, first let me pose a question: Namie Amuro? It's not a name that I'm unaware of, but I do wonder at its use in that circumstance--it lead me to believe that's whose concert they were attending, despite the description of the lead singer being blond (it could have been dyed, or bleached, or a wig).

Aside from that disconcerting detail, I enjoyed the final heave-ho of this tale. Having George listen vicariously from Canada was a nice touch, and the game of conversational hot potato beforehand brought some of the bigger laughs.

Was anyone else reading the way Kenji and Emi were relating--throughout the tale--and interpreting it as repressed sexual tension? It seems to me that if they weren't at the wrong stage of their social existence--she being in a committed relationship, and him still unreasonably wary of women--they might have become quite the pair. Perhaps that's what I tapped into when I put them together as professional partners, though.

The only bit that I felt was out of place is the issue with Misha nearly drinking herself into oblivion. It occurs late in the tale, and doesn't meet with a satisfying resolution, but perhaps you're planning a continuation thereof--something before the starting chapters of H&K. That said, it's written quite well, and having Hanako rise to the occasion as a voice of reason lends credence to her growth as a person.

Then we come to the accidental proposal. Not that it was unexpected--I've been certain that's where the story was going since the antique shop--but it just happens so organically that they almost don't even notice. Having Hisao then clear the area--with Kenji's help--so he can get on one knee for a proper presentation almost felt awkward and unnecessary, but at the same time perfectly reasonable, and it gave the rest of the cast reason to spy from the shadows.

When this started, I admit I was skeptical about it having much emotional weight, and I'm not a sort to have an outpouring of emotion over anything, but there were some truly touching parts here and there along with the verbal sniping, tweenage tomfoolery, and monkeys. As usual, there are technical flaws, a few incongruities, and a few basic disagreements over the portrayal of the various characters, but those are few and minor, and not enough to bring down the quality of this quaint, deceptively heartfelt novella.

Cheers! Also blarg!
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

AntonSlavik020 wrote: Oddly enough, the only other unusual proposal that I can remember also involved Hanako. Hisao proposed to her wearing nothing but a towel.
Here you go

The 4 part Hanako Epilogue by MEHKANIK, I like to consider it a 3 part sequel and an epilogue though.
Warning: Do not read part 4 if you don't want to get hit in the feels
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.