Hanako/Hisao post-Yamaku (Updated 1/2/14)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

pandaphil

Re: Hanako/Hisao post-Yamaku fics

Post by pandaphil »

Hanako: "Hisao dear. Am I going to have to get the hose?" ;)

If anyone has any doubts about the appeal of the Phantom, just check out the comments section of just about any PotO Youtube video. :)

I added about a dozen more passengers to the bus stop. I figure having a small crowd staring at her might justify Hanako's anxiety.

Thanks for the kind words Steinherz. I'll try not to dissapoint.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

We toss up ideas/arguments/logic, you analyse and make the call. Also, it's time Hanako gets introduced to the Phantom, at least as written by Andrew Webber. That Phantom has got to be the most teddy-bear of all the adaptations.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:We toss up ideas/arguments/logic, you analyse and make the call. Also, it's time Hanako gets introduced to the Phantom, at least as written by Andrew Webber. That Phantom has got to be the most teddy-bear of all the adaptations.
Pretty much my feelings. The ALW Phantom would be the one to get most fangirls hooked. Its only the hardcore ones who bother with the old movies and the novel.

Let me present exhibits A, B, and C. I can just see Hanako (maybe Lilly too) squee'ing over these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZnIGETQPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=77u ... ature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeNnSm4uzGA

And see, I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Attachments
321096_479896652074381_985167825_n.jpg
321096_479896652074381_985167825_n.jpg (36.03 KiB) Viewed 4499 times
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:Pretty much my feelings. The ALW Phantom would be the one to get most fangirls hooked. Its only the hardcore ones who bother with the old movies and the novel.

Let me present exhibits A, and B. I can just see Hanako squee'ing over this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZnIGETQPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=77u ... ature=fvwp

And see, I'm not the only one who things so.
I like that picture. And amusingly enough I also had the whole "Hanako and Phantom of the Opera" idea as well. :lol:
Great minds think alike? However when I think of Hanako listening/watching The Phantom of the Opera I personally think of this version of the song.
The man assaulted me with his vocal chords, and I loved every second of it :lol:

There's also this version, and it's pretty good as well.
Last edited by Steinherz on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

That is a very nicely done Phantom Hanako. Very subtle, at least compared to that fic of mine.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Also, Hanako of the Opera?
Attachments
SING, MY ANGEL OF MUSIC! SING FOR ME!
SING, MY ANGEL OF MUSIC! SING FOR ME!
hanakooftheopera.jpg (326.2 KiB) Viewed 4491 times
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote: I like that picture. And amusingly enough I also had the whole "Hanako and Phantom of the Opera" idea as well. :lol:
Great minds think alike? However when I think of Hanako listening/watching The Phantom of the Opera I personally think of this version of the song.
The man assaulted me with his vocal chords, and I loved every second of it :lol:

Reading my mind I see. :) The Japanese Phantom is bloody amazing!

And I'd probably squee myself to death at a full length Vocaloid version of Phantom.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:
Steinherz wrote: I like that picture. And amusingly enough I also had the whole "Hanako and Phantom of the Opera" idea as well. :lol:

Reading my mind I see. :) The Japanese Phantom is bloody amazing!
Well if you found that version yourself good on ya.
If you got it from Umber, who do you think showed that one to her? :lol:

I'm surprised you didn't comment about the Vocaloid one :mrgreen:
I also draw, kind of.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Steinherz wrote:
Sorry, I missed your link the first time around. Love it! :)

I actually found a lot of these Phantom covers earlier in the week when I was having my drug reaction problem and was scouring Youtube for overly emotional music clips. :)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Been looking at that past discussion the forum had about Hanako and the Phantom. Man, brings back some memories.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:Been looking at that past discussion the forum had about Hanako and the Phantom. Man, brings back some memories.
Got a link handy?
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:
Steinherz wrote:
Sorry, I missed your link the first time around. Love it! :)

I actually found a lot of these Phantom covers earlier in the week when I was having my drug reaction problem and was scouring Youtube for overly emotional music clips. :)
it's ok :lol:

I'm actually thinking of going as the Phantom for this year's Halloween party, but more along the lines of Gakupo's outfit from "Le rouge est amour" because damn if that isn't classy :lol:
I also draw, kind of.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
YZQ wrote:Been looking at that past discussion the forum had about Hanako and the Phantom. Man, brings back some memories.
Got a link handy?
I just searched "Phantom" using the search button. The topic was the "bullying Hanako" one.

Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

I've known a lot of young women who think the Phantom is dreamy, homicidal tendencies and all.

I think adding in more of a crowd helps during the run, and so does having an glowering old woman.

I've been wondering if there would be anything Hanako would do for her scars. Like the salve you have here, or some sort of stretching exercises to increase her flexiblility.. And it seems like Hanako is going be be assocated with Lotion play from here on out doesn't it? :lol: That said I imagine that when she does feel comfortable enough to let Hisao see all of her in good lighting again, he'll be very, very, very happy.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Negativedarke wrote:I've known a lot of young women who think the Phantom is dreamy, homicidal tendencies and all.

I think adding in more of a crowd helps during the run, and so does having an glowering old woman.

I've been wondering if there would be anything Hanako would do for her scars. Like the salve you have here, or some sort of stretching exercises to increase her flexiblility.. And it seems like Hanako is going be be assocated with Lotion play from here on out doesn't it? :lol: That said I imagine that when she does feel comfortable enough to let Hisao see all of her in good lighting again, he'll be very, very, very happy.
As will we all my friend.

It may go against the prevailing attitude but I like the idea that perhaps Hanako doesn't have the same " healthy adolescent sex drive" as the other girls, and might actually be fairly shy and modest about it.