A Painful Past (OC). Scene 2 is up.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: A Painful Past (OC) SC 3 update (3/3/13)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

if I’m ever told to report to the principles’ office.
I'm not sure if Yamaku has an office of principles. If so Shizune would probably occupy it.
The principal might have an office in the administrative building, though. ;-)
it collides with me with what I image is the force of a run away freight train
Statistically, Emi tackles 90% of all new students within two days of their arrival.
Subverted for once^^°
NO ONE EVER USES IKUNO!
I did.
And she's one of my favourite characters from that story.
(though I might be a bit biased, because she's so fun to write.)
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
if I’m ever told to report to the principles’ office.
I'm not sure if Yamaku has an office of principles. If so Shizune would probably occupy it.
The principal might have an office in the administrative building, though. ;-)
it collides with me with what I image is the force of a run away freight train
Statistically, Emi tackles 90% of all new students within two days of their arrival.
Subverted for once^^°

NO ONE EVER USES IKUNO!
I did.

first: Okay i have no idea how i missed that one i'll go back and edit that i a sec.

second:.... what?

third: Oh crap! i forgot that one!

as usual thank you for your feed back GSM
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

so how does everyone feel about Hideaki's disability being Parkinson's disease?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, Parkinson is not really a disease that younger people get. For a teenager to be afflicted with it is extremely unusual...
Still he doesn't seem so handicapped by it yet that it would neccessitate him going to Yamaku.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

The disease gets worse as time goes on or when you don't use your medication. and like the nurse said he got it from a parent it isn't unheard of for it to be hereditary some kids develop it around seventeen (Hideaki developed it around eighteen)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I tried, but I simply can't get into this.

I keep mentally picturing Shizune's brother and the school's librarian whenever you refer to Hideaki and Yuuko by name and it throws me out of the story every time, Naomi as well, to a lesser extent.
Not Dead Yet
demonix

Re: Chapter 1 Scene 3:check up time.

Post by demonix »

“I mean come on straight to the mount? Hmph! You have no class Ikuno!” she says in a disappointed tone. “Damn it Miki! That isn’t what I was doing!” the light brown haired girl in the same frantic tone.
“I take it that you’re Mister Winters?” I turn and reply with an entertained voice. “Yes I’m Hideaki Winters; you must be the head nurse.” As I say this I take a look at the room.
“Sure.” I say with an indifferent tone. “Okay I was just beginning to go over your file so please wait a moment.” He says flipping open a file on his desk. I reply with a simple nod and start scanning the room with my eyes.

Each of these needs to be broken up into two lines where the second person starts talking (Exbando has mentioned this already) and the second one needs altering to identify the person who speaks first after breaking it up (it might require a bit of altering to make it sound right).
LorSquirrel

Re: Chapter 1 Scene 3:check up time.

Post by LorSquirrel »

demonix wrote:
“I mean come on straight to the mount? Hmph! You have no class Ikuno!” she says in a disappointed tone. “Damn it Miki! That isn’t what I was doing!” the light brown haired girl in the same frantic tone.
“I take it that you’re Mister Winters?” I turn and reply with an entertained voice. “Yes I’m Hideaki Winters; you must be the head nurse.” As I say this I take a look at the room.
“Sure.” I say with an indifferent tone. “Okay I was just beginning to go over your file so please wait a moment.” He says flipping open a file on his desk. I reply with a simple nod and start scanning the room with my eyes.

Each of these needs to be broken up into two lines where the second person starts talking (Exbando has mentioned this already) and the second one needs altering to identify the person who speaks first after breaking it up (it might require a bit of altering to make it sound right).
I just fixed it. Thank you for your help.
LorSquirrel

Re: A Painful Past (OC) SC 3 update (3/7/13)

Post by LorSquirrel »

anyone have a complaint about my writing style or how i characterise some characters? I'm just making sure i have everything before i continue writing scene 4 so feel free to bring up problems from scene 1 or 2
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Oddball wrote:I tried, but I simply can't get into this.

I keep mentally picturing Shizune's brother and the school's librarian whenever you refer to Hideaki and Yuuko by name and it throws me out of the story every time, Naomi as well, to a lesser extent.
I agree. There's a reason stories don't use the same name for different characters.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

griffon8 wrote:
Oddball wrote:I tried, but I simply can't get into this.

I agree. There's a reason stories don't use the same name for different characters.

well the characters have had these name since i first thought it up. I had forgotten that there were characters with the same names in the as yuuko and hideaki. It would just be awkward for me to change them now.

but if everyone else thinks its a good idea i'll change Yuuko and Hideaki's names.

But not Naomi's since you only ever see character in the VN for about half a minute.
LorSquirrel

Re: A Painful Past (OC) SC 3 update (3/7/13)

Post by LorSquirrel »

i added a poll at the top of the page for he next two day's cast you're vote there
griffon8

Re: A Painful Past (OC) On hold until 3/9/13

Post by griffon8 »

Your poll allows people to choose all three options…
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

okay fixed
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

I've been through this thread quite a few times recently, and aside from issues already brought up.

I think that you really need to plan this out a bit more before releasing it.

I will say that I am in no way qualified to make any critical notes about this, but when starting up, make sure to have the main OC already plotted out, from his condition, past, personality and so on.

Developing an OC on the fly can be a bit dangerous in that if you say "A" about him in the first few chapters, you're stuck with "A" when you want to bring up "B", "C" and so on.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic