Kagami Pseudo-Route [Updated 7/6]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mader Levap

Re: Kagami Pseudo-Route [Updated 8/22]

Post by Mader Levap »

Finally. :)
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Glad to see this continue.
A few comments - as usually nothing major:
I would always take my violin over to her house and we'd play together
I remember their maid chastising us for playing after nine thirty.
"So you had a maid?"
I'm not sure how Hisao arrives at this conclusion...
"Hisao. You are Japanese, for crying out loud. Show a little national pride."
I've found Japanese wasabi to be quite harmless compared to the stuff we get here.
I think there's a pretty large fish market somewhere in the city...
And you have to get up at four in the morning^^° I decided to pass on that.

The trip from Sendai to Tokyo is only about 300km. It would hardly take all night even on a scenic train.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Mirage_GSM wrote:The trip from Sendai to Tokyo is only about 300km. It would hardly take all night even on a scenic train.
I calculated this for my own purposes a little while ago. From Sendai Station on the Tohoku Shinkansen line, it's going to be a two hour trip straight to Tokyo, then at Shinagawa you would change to a different line (for Shibuya, you'd take the Yamanote line.) It wouldn't even take a whole morning.
Maradar

Post by Maradar »

Well played :) I like your writing style. I keep getting caught up into this story. Keep up the good work :)

I have a minor arrhythmia and a couple of other heart conditions. Small world.
Also I love these forums.
Shail

Post by Shail »

Finally got around to reading this, looking forward to future updates :D will bookmark.

Holy shit batman I just noticed how long the last update was compared to the others *drool* that was nice.. took longer to read that one update than it takes to read most fanfics altogether. *fangirl scream* go baby go!
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?
azahk101

Post by azahk101 »

Man, I think I read through everything you've posted so far on this Kagami pseudo-route in just a couple days. It's just that good! I just want you to know you're definitely good at this, and I'm gonna be waiting ferverously for each and every update from now on.

Oh also, I appreciated what I think is a guns n roses reference with the title of the latest chapter here. I immediately started humming Night Train to myself, brought back good memories. Anyways, I love what you've done so far with the story and I hope you can ride it through to the end!

oh...also your music is absolutely beautiful. I'm a semi pianist and it just warms my heart to hear something so beautiful. Man Katawa Shoujo has gotten me way too emotional
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

azahk101 wrote:Man, I think I read through everything you've posted so far on this Kagami pseudo-route in just a couple days. It's just that good! I just want you to know you're definitely good at this, and I'm gonna be waiting ferverously for each and every update from now on.
Wow, thanks so much! I can't apologize enough for the lack of updates recently, but I commute 3 hours daily and I'm gearing up for a cross-country move in the next month, so writing time is scarce these days. I'll definitely finish this though, however much time it'll take.
azahk101 wrote:Oh also, I appreciated what I think is a guns n roses reference with the title of the latest chapter here. I immediately started humming Night Train to myself, brought back good memories.
Glad someone caught it! This was one of the few chapters that was easy to name.

Night Traaaaaiiiinnnn
oh...also your music is absolutely beautiful. I'm a semi pianist and it just warms my heart to hear something so beautiful. Man Katawa Shoujo has gotten me way too emotional
Thanks again. I honestly didn't expect the music to be very well-received, so to hear this is really great. Stay tuned for future updates! I promise they're coming.
azahk101

Post by azahk101 »

forgetmenot wrote:I can't apologize enough for the lack of updates recently, but I commute 3 hours daily and I'm gearing up for a cross-country move in the next month, so writing time is scarce these days. I'll definitely finish this though, however much time it'll take.
Well say no more! I think all of us readers can understand why you haven't been able to update too quickly, so there's no need to apologize. Your life comes first; Kagami's comes second!
Maradar

Post by Maradar »

forgetmenot wrote: Wow, thanks so much! I can't apologize enough for the lack of updates recently, but I commute 3 hours daily and I'm gearing up for a cross-country move in the next month, so writing time is scarce these days. I'll definitely finish this though, however much time it'll take.
This is definitely worth the wait, continue doing what you do and good luck in your move!

I have a minor arrhythmia and a couple of other heart conditions. Small world.
Also I love these forums.
Technomancer

Post by Technomancer »

Ok, first off.
I love this fic. It's just great, original writing. What ever you're doing, don't stop.
On to my main point. I've turned this into an e-book (whats written so far, anyway) for my personal use, and was wondering if forgetmenot would be ok with me sharing it here! (with all credit to forgetmenot, of course)
I dunno if anyone's even interested in it, but I thought id ask anyways, just in case
Image "He wouldn't wake up...The one time he actually needed me and I wasn't there for him!”
Image "Then, please accept my first gift to you, Hisao."
I'm not good with words... what am I doing in a fourm...
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Technomancer wrote:On to my main point. I've turned this into an e-book (whats written so far, anyway) for my personal use, and was wondering if forgetmenot would be ok with me sharing it here! (with all credit to forgetmenot, of course)
I dunno if anyone's even interested in it, but I thought id ask anyways, just in case
Holy moly really? That's awesome. Yeah if anyone wants to read it in ebook format you have my full permission to go ahead and post a link. I'll add it to the top post.
Jaspirian

Post by Jaspirian »

In chapter 8, Kenji knows Hisao's heart problem. How?

In 17, there is this passage:
Why did Ito went into such a long-winded explanation about Shostakovich?
It should read "Ito go".

Hypothetically speaking, would you give permission for an OC to have been pre-cataclysm friends with Kagami?
Technomancer

Post by Technomancer »

Apologies for the delayed reply, life kinda caught up with me...
Right, the only issue is that there are some spacing issues on some devices, but nothing to major. (also, I don't have a cover photo for it, so if anyone has anything, inbox me and i'll update it.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rkcug7k715x95i/Memory.mobi
Image "He wouldn't wake up...The one time he actually needed me and I wasn't there for him!”
Image "Then, please accept my first gift to you, Hisao."
I'm not good with words... what am I doing in a fourm...
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Technomancer wrote:Apologies for the delayed reply, life kinda caught up with me...
Right, the only issue is that there are some spacing issues on some devices, but nothing to major. (also, I don't have a cover photo for it, so if anyone has anything, inbox me and i'll update it.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rkcug7k715x95i/Memory.mobi
This is crazy awesome. You're the best. I have added it to the top post.
Jaspirian wrote:In chapter 8, Kenji knows Hisao's heart problem. How?
Uhh...

uhh...

whoops.
In 17, there is this passage:
Why did Ito went into such a long-winded explanation about Shostakovich?
It should read "Ito go".
Fixed. Thanks for pointing those out.
Hypothetically speaking, would you give permission for an OC to have been pre-cataclysm friends with Kagami?
Consider anything/anyone I write free game. I'd appreciate it if you at least mentioned me in a header or footnotes or something, but it's not like I'm gonna do anything if you don't. You have my blessing. :)

Progress update: Sorry for the long wait, guys. I realize it's been over two months since I've posted a chapter. :( The good news is that I got some writing done today, which is more than I've done in a while. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things and begin regular updates once again. I will finish this!
Jaspirian

Post by Jaspirian »

It would most certainly credit you. Thank you for the blessing.
Glad I could help on the errors.