My USM One Shot Thread with Summer Update

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Hoitash

Re: My USM One Shot Thread with Valentine's Day Update

Post by Hoitash »

I'll keep the of because it's someone speaking, but you were right on the second one, so thanks :). and you did the quoting right, too.

It is normally arched, but arced fit my whole electricity metaphor thing, so decided to give it a try. And the Red Alert thing is amusing, since Lynda and Misha have a bit of a Russophile streak to them.

You are right about the interruption thing. I don't bother when I write on my own because I only learned it recently. I'll get the hang of it eventually, but it might take a while. Thanks for pointing it out though; that's something I can easily work on.

Ritual suicide itself would restore the honor, so since you already did that by helping me, it is not necessary. Thank you for your help, and for reading :)

/bows.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
LegyPlegy

Re: My USM One Shot Thread with Christmas Update

Post by LegyPlegy »

Hoitash wrote: “Shiina,” Carla scolded, “I think I’ve red enough yuri manga to help a friend plan a romantic evening with her girlfriend.”
"Red" should be "Read". I know, it sounds off, but English is a very very strange language :P
Hoitash wrote:“I was thinking~…” she said with a mischievous glint in her eyes, “you’re Japanese could use some work~, so how about a game?”
Here, "you're" should be "your" to show possessiveness
Hoitash wrote:“As you wish,” he said, and started playing Rise of the Valkeries.
I'm quite sure "Valkeries" should be "Valkyries", a quick youtube search making sure, haha.

It was an.. interesting fanfic.. considering i'm not a ~huge~ fan of yuri (much, much less yaoi) but I read it anyway and it was pretty good. Well written as always (when you mentioned Banda I was a little surprised, yet relieved, that there wasn't any futa, lmao) But it was a good read, as always c:
Damn paper trails
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Thanks, edits attended to.
I'm quite sure "Valkeries" should be "Valkyries", a quick youtube search making sure, haha.
Thanks, I was having a hard time finding the proper spelling for it, and then my brain shorted out on me (I blame thesis.)
It was an.. interesting fanfic.. considering i'm not a ~huge~ fan of yuri (much, much less yaoi) but I read it anyway and it was pretty good. Well written as always (when you mentioned Banda I was a little surprised, yet relieved, that there wasn't any futa, lmao) But it was a good read, as always c:
I seem to gravitate to niche markets that ensure small readership. But it gets me a vocal and supportive fanbase, so I'll take it. Thanks for reading and for the edits :)
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

LegyPlegy wrote:
Hoitash wrote:“As you wish,” he said, and started playing Rise of the Valkeries.
While we're on the subject, it's 'Ride', not 'Rise'.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

griffon8 wrote:
LegyPlegy wrote:
While we're on the subject, it's 'Ride', not 'Rise'.
...I hate my thesis.

Thanks for that :). I feel like I've betrayed every Apacolypse Now fan because of those errors. I must atone by setting something on fire while listening to Wagner.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Hoitash wrote: I feel like I've betrayed every Apacolypse Now fan because of those errors. I must atone by setting something on fire while listening to Wagner.
...Apocalypse. At this point, your own funeral pyre might be the traditional choice. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Silentcook wrote:
Hoitash wrote: I feel like I've betrayed every Apacolypse Now fan because of those errors. I must atone by setting something on fire while listening to Wagner.
...Apocalypse. At this point, your own funeral pyre might be the traditional choice. :mrgreen:
The one time I don't google a word's spelling. Sigh.

The best funeral pyre idea I've heard is for the body to be placed in an El Camino, set the car on fire and place a brick on the accelerator, and drive off a cliff. So I might do that.

Or get immersed in a barrel of whiskey, light the barrel on fire, and toss it off Niagra Falls. That might be cool.

My personal favorite is to die in the Last Ditch fending off the alien invasion, saving humanity and having a massive statue erected in my honor.

What were we talking about?

Oh, yeah. Thanks for pointing that out; I must always spell check when unsure.
Last edited by Hoitash on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

You know we only do this because we love you. :twisted:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

griffon8 wrote:You know we only do this because we love you. :twisted:
I do, and I'm very grateful :D. If you didn't care, you wouldn't say anything.

/bows in gratitude.
edruil

Post by edruil »

As a 40k player myself (Grey Knights / Daemonhunters, since before the new codex bandwagon) I really love the references in your stuff. Silly, I know, but there you have it.

As an aside - damn, how loaded is Misha to pay Will for a baneblade for a night of...well, whatever you call that? Adding in the food and everything else, that turns out to quite the pricey night :shock:
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

edruil wrote:As a 40k player myself (Grey Knights / Daemonhunters, since before the new codex bandwagon) I really love the references in your stuff. Silly, I know, but there you have it.
Finally found one :D. I'm orks and Imperial Guard myself. Thanks for reading, always good to know when my references pay off.
As an aside - damn, how loaded is Misha to pay Will for a baneblade for a night of...well, whatever you call that? Adding in the food and everything else, that turns out to quite the pricey night :shock:
I figure she saved up for a while. She could borrow a lot of the supplies, and she might even have managed an on campus job by then. Odds are probably good Akira just gave her the wine, too -seems the kinda thing she'd do.

The qipao was probably the most expensive item, since that'd have to be tailor fit for full effect.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Hoitash wrote:
edruil wrote:As a 40k player myself (Grey Knights / Daemonhunters, since before the new codex bandwagon) I really love the references in your stuff. Silly, I know, but there you have it.
Finally found one :D. I'm orks and Imperial Guard myself. Thanks for reading, always good to know when my references pay off.
I figure she saved up for a while. She could borrow a lot of the supplies, and she might even have managed an on campus job by then. Odds are probably good Akira just gave her the wine, too -seems the kinda thing she'd do.

The qipao was probably the most expensive item, since that'd have to be tailor fit for full effect.
Someone else like Warhammer 40k on this board?
(it's the joking GTFO in this case XD).
I need to start reading your stuff more Hoitash. I love Warhammer references XD
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

WAAAGH!!!

Heh, you'll love my Master Detectives series then, it basically has Space Marines in it.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Hoitash wrote:The best funeral pyre idea I've heard is for the body to be placed in an al camnino, set the car on fire and place a brick on the accelerator, and drive off a cliff. So I might do that.
It's spelled El Camino. And the spelling corrections continue! Personally, when it comes to awesome funeral pyres, I'm a fan of atmospheric reentry without a heat shield. Preferably in an Imperial Star Destroyer. (You've got your space battles, I've got mine.)
As an aside, loved the "Ride of the Valkyries" bit. Could have been worse, he could have started into "Turkey in the Straw," completely killed the mood.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

emmjay wrote:
Hoitash wrote:The best funeral pyre idea I've heard is for the body to be placed in an al camnino, set the car on fire and place a brick on the accelerator, and drive off a cliff. So I might do that.
It's spelled El Camino. And the spelling corrections continue!
Indeed, and thanks :).
As an aside, loved the "Ride of the Valkyries" bit. Could have been worse, he could have started into "Turkey in the Straw," completely killed the mood.
Thanks, I was going for a bit of a gag where Will was a Wagner fan and just happened to still know that piece. Glad you liked it :)