Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Silver

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 6/18]

Post by Silver »

This is what made me join the KS forum, great work. Akira is my favourite character closely followed by Miki despite her brief appearance in KS so seeing this was a pleasant surprise. I've read this three times now and I'm starting my fourth.
I look forward to the next update.
Enkoodaba

Post by Enkoodaba »

I made an account just to voice my support for your work. The writing is excellent and I look forward to seeing the next chapter, whenever it may be. Don't give up.
Tsermo

Post by Tsermo »

This is an excellent fan fiction, keep up the good work!
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

Okay, so I feel obligated to post an update since we're at the one-month mark, and I've made a total jackass out of myself by letting happen EXACTLY what I said I wouldn't let happen multiple times and I'm completely disgusted with myself for letting it come to this.

There's been a lot going on for me. I'm on the fence at work for a promotion I'd really like, I've had to play relationship counselor to two of my closest friends and deal with all of the drama resulting from that, and I think my financial aid for this coming semester has been denied. I'd feel a little less shame making this announcement if I was at least chugging along with 5-1, but it's barely 1/3 of the way there because I can rarely find time to write, and even when I do my head blanks out and I can't focus on anything. The general environment I have to work in while I'm home from college is incredibly stressful and often I'm sidetracked on an hourly basis.

The last thing I want to do is put this work on hiatus, because to me that's like giving up entirely, and that's unacceptable for me. I haven't given up on this work, and I haven't given up on Akira. I'm trying as hard as I can, and it crushes me to think that I could be letting down all of these people who still support the story even though it's been almost a month since the last update.

All I can do is promise you that I won't leave this unfinished. Thank you everyone who has been kind enough to suffer these long wait times without exploding.
Fanuilos

Post by Fanuilos »

It's all good dude. Things like work, friends, and college are important to take care. This summer I had to appeal for more financial aid since I've taken so many credit hours. Are you able to appeal for financial aid? Hope things take a turn for the better for you.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Dude. RELAX. This is a hobby that you share with us for free. You owe us absolutely nothing, okay? Nothing! Literally everything else in your life -- and in particular your family, friends, and livelihood -- takes precedence over this. Don't apologize for actually taking care of yourself!

Anyone who cares about the fic will be here when you choose to update it. We aren't going anywhere, so just take your time and finish it when you're ready. Don't stress about it beyond that.
Last edited by Bagheera on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

kw343

Post by kw343 »

First of all, thanks for this Awsome story, I've always wanted to read a good Akira Route!
Second, and most important, don't kill yourself on our behalf, real life should always come first. Like Bagheera said, your real fans will be here. We may be impatianly awaiting story updates but hey, anyone who claims to be a real person wouldn't want you to screw up your job or education just to provide us with top quality entertainment.
Be Cool, and keep on trangelin'
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

I want to echo what the posters above me said, real life responsibilities always come first and you are right to put this on hold until they are sorted out. Please don't feel rushed to bang out a chapter, we all do not mind waiting.
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
DARKWRAITH

Post by DARKWRAITH »

Months don't go up to 18, what is this?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Some kind of notation mainly used in the US. They haven't heard of ISO 8601 there.
But with all their feet, gallons, miles and fahrenheits, they have worse things to be ashamed of ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Some kind of notation mainly used in the US. They haven't heard of ISO 8601 there.
But with all their feet, gallons, miles and fahrenheits, they have worse things to be ashamed of ;-)
It's not our fault that everyone is wrong but us.
Not Dead Yet
Andere

Post by Andere »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Some kind of notation mainly used in the US. They haven't heard of ISO 8601 there.
But... The link you posted puts it as month/day! With a year in front, of course, but still month then day. Going "oh those wacky Americans, doing things correctly" makes you look a bit silly.
inthewind

Post by inthewind »

Andere wrote:
But... The link you posted puts it as month/day! With a year in front, of course, but still month then day. Going "oh those wacky Americans, doing things correctly" makes you look a bit silly.
I was going to post a few farfetched strawmen scenarios of 'do step 2 and step 3, ignore step 1 because it's implied, right?' with safety/disaster scenarios, but I'll let you guys use your imaginations instead; it'll do a better job than I could, I'm sure~.
WilyWiley

Post by WilyWiley »

Sigh. Seriously? Are we having the "Americans do the date wrong" discussion again? MM/DD/YYYY makes perfect sense as it goes from smallest to largest(12 months then 28-31 days then however many years). There's nothing wrong with DD/MM/YYYY either. The only time this gets brought up is by annoying people on the internet trying to make themselves feel superior because they write the date a different way.

Anyway, good luck with the writing! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

WilyWiley wrote:Sigh. Seriously? Are we having the "Americans do the date wrong" discussion again? MM/DD/YYYY makes perfect sense as it goes from smallest to largest(12 months then 28-31 days then however many years). There's nothing wrong with DD/MM/YYYY either. The only time this gets brought up is by annoying people on the internet trying to make themselves feel superior because they write the date a different way.
Yup, people have to do this because not everyone follows the same system.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.