Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

pip25

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 8/31]

Post by pip25 »

Triscuitable wrote:
Thanatos02 wrote:Imagine my surprise when I look at the clock and realize that, as of now, the Akira route has been in progress for exactly a year, give or take a few hours.
You gotta be kidding me.
Why? O_o It's not that unusual for fics of this length to take up a year or more to write. If anything, Thanatos02's initial pace of writing was mind-bogglingly fast (compared to my own, at least).
Anyway, congrats Thanatos02, let us hope the story will only get better in the second year. :)
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

Happy Birthday Akira's route!
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Happy fanfic-birthday! :D
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Thanatos02 wrote:Imagine my surprise when I look at the clock and realize that, as of now, the Akira route has been in progress for exactly a year, give or take a few hours.
Whoa....

Mad props for keeping at it, man.

Did I just channel a 70's stoner? Eh, I said what I said.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
OutofBlues

Post by OutofBlues »

Gonna try and get 5-3 out asap. It's in its final stages.
More Akira?

I don't know where I got the idea that this route was done with, but I am psyched that I was wrong. Can't wait to read it!

*edit - And congrats for sticking with the story for an entire year!
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Hoitash wrote:Whoa....
Hoitash wrote:Did I just channel a 70's stoner? Eh, I said what I said.
Keanu Reeves is a tad too young to be from the 70s...
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Helbereth wrote:Keanu Reeves is a tad too young to be from the 70s...
Preposterous.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Bad Apple

Post by Bad Apple »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:
Helbereth wrote:Keanu Reeves is a tad too young to be from the 70s...
Preposterous.
The best part? That's the 666th post/reply of this thread.

The bestest part? The thread has exactly 66600 views at the time of posting this.
"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."
— Horace Traubel
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

Just dropping this off before I head to bed. It'll be a while before I can respond to any criticism, seeing as how I've got some tests and a parade to do tomorrow.
Thank you everyone for your support over the past year, and I promise that this story will one day see completion. It's just really slow going for now, and I'm glad that there are so many people willing to bear with me.

Act 5 - Part 3: The Good Life

My eyes begin to focus on the ceiling fan spinning above as cool air radiates around me, pulling me away from the dream world. I tug the covers back up and roll onto my side before becoming dangerously aware of the situation, everything freezing solid as my eyes center on the girl before me.

The sheets do nothing to hide her form -- a pair of wide, sensuous hips curving into a slim waist and up along a pair of bare, feminine shoulders peeking from the thin cloth. She shifts around for a moment before giving a drowsy sigh, still within sleep's firm grasp as she snuggles her head against the pillow .

A mound of disheveled blonde hair sits atop her head, idle locks poking out here and there. My hand moves on its own at the sight of it, stroking a short lock before ever so slightly ruffling her hair. As soon as I try to move my other arm, however, I realize that it's under her pillow and is currently numb.

It's in this moment that I'm met with a strange clarity, the memory of everything that happened last night playing in my head. Where our lips touched, where her fingers went, the feeling of her skin against my palms, the weight of her figure pressing down against my hips, the...

Oh, I'm still naked.

I don't really know what to feel. Happiness and even bliss come to mind, but there's definitely some uncertainty and, considering a certain moment near the end of our act, shame.

The feelings of drowsiness continue to cling to me, however. Even though her bedside clock would indicate that it's already ten in the morning, I still feel almost totally drained from last night -- the fact that there’s an alarm set makes me wonder just what time Akira intended to wake up.

I'm not sure if it has more to do my heart condition, or if it's just because Akira is so... wild? I think that's a pretty good word for it, and for all I know she was restraining herself.

With that in mind, I begin to get a feel for all of the dried sweat and 'other fluids' that have clung to my body, and the need to take a bath takes priority over the need to scoot closer and wrap my arms around the woman in front of me.

I sit up, taking extra care not to disturb her as I slide my arm out from under her pillow and wiggle out of the bed carefully, bit by bit to keep from disturbing her. The door is already ajar and the hinges go without squeaking as I sneak my way out of the room, feeling stranger than ever as I creep through her apartment without any clothes on.

All it takes is one turn and a few steps to make it to her bathroom, letting the tub fill up as I take a quick shower in the clouded-glass cubicle beside the bath. Her bathroom is more western-styled than anything -- I feel more like I'm in an expensive hotel.

The warm water cascades over my head and down my body as my mind drifts.

What is there to do now? Where do we go from here? If the budding relationship weren’t enough, I also have to get ready to meet her father. How do you prepare to meet your significant other’s parents?

On top of that, I still need to figure out how I'm gonna balance all this. Luckily I don't have to go into work today, but I am missing class right now, as well as a pretty important quiz. As much as I'd like for this to be an everyday experience, I don't know if my grades could handle it – much less my heart.

I've already had one scare from last night alone. I'm going to have to play it safe until I can get back to my room today, seeing as how, without my medication, my chest is practically a timer with a number I can't figure out.

Steam begins to gather around me as my finger glides over the scarring on my sternum. I’m beginning to feel like it’s been there forever, even though it’s only been a little over half a year. Granted, four months of it was spent in the hospital, but it's still unnerving how easily I've adjusted to the thing that both caused it and can happen again without much agitation.

Maybe I should invest in one of those pocket pill cases. It might not work for the entire week considering that I can just barely fit all of my medication in one hand, but something for spontaneous overnight escapades would be very useful considering the situation I've maneuvered myself into.

I need to talk to Akira about this some more; for all I know, she isn't aware of the limits this puts on me as far as just living like a normal person goes. God forbid 'that' turns into a regular thing and my heart is pushed to the brink on a nightly basis.

As appealing as the thought may be.

My hand lingers over the hot water knob for a few more moments before I decide to shut it off and hop into the tub. Relishing the fact that I can slide in up to my neck and still have plenty of legroom, I submerge my entire body for a few moments before sitting up and shaking my hair out, content to...

“Looks like you're off to an early start.”

The words drift through the tiled room like a wake-up call in an empty auditorium. Akira stands in the doorway, totally naked from head to toe as she gazes at me from across the room.

“Good morning.” I return, glancing around as I try to make sure that nothing's blatantly exposed, an action that only brings amusement to the woman striding into the shower.

“Oh c'mon, it's nothing I haven't already seen.” She says, meeting me with a look that’s half sultry and half like she wishes she were still asleep.

She shuts the shower door and turns the water back on, saying nothing more to me as she loses herself in her own thoughts. The silhouette of her toned figure is projected onto the foggy glass shower walls, each twist and turn of her body leaving an enticing image as she raises her arms in a stretch.

Just moments ago I thought of putting the brakes on for everything that's happened, but given the choice: the ‘bed’ things are all I'd put a limit on. Anyone would be a fool to put their foot down against something like this, although I'd rather not push the envelope and try to base my entire schedule around looking at Akira naked.

The sound of running water begins to lull me back to sleep, pulling my mind back into a slumber as thoughts of everything I'm missing in school and all of the possibilities for the next ten minutes are pushed out of my head.

Or, at least, they would be if I weren't jolted awake by the sounds of Akira turning the faucets and the shower door clicking open. I do my best to sit up as Akira steps out and glances over with a thoughtful look in her eyes. My brain just barely manages to catch up with my body as I scoot back against the wall of the tub, my train of thought becoming clouded as my eyes trace every movement she makes.

“Room for one more?” She asks in a rhetorical fashion, already making her way to the bathtub.

Each drop of water glistening on her supple frame mesmerizes me, my chest feeling as if it were filled with butterflies as she stands there with her hands on her hips. Her gaze meets mine dead on, but I have trouble deciding on whether to focus on her face or on... everything else.

She settles into the water, letting out a groggy yawn as she lays back against the other end of the tub. “Ooh, you like your water almost as hot as I do.”

Despite her teasing, taunting, and casual approach to being totally naked, I still try my best to keep my head in the game. “Almost as hot? It’s only this hot now because I couldn’t find a good balance.”

We both share a laugh before letting silence retake the air around us, my eyes shutting as everything jumps back to the events of last night.

'Whoa, you're done already?'

Those words are going to stick to me for the rest of my life. They say no one has a good first experience, but I figured it was going amazing up until that one point. Ugh.

“What's the matter?” Akira asks, apparently noticing the disgusted look on my face.

My stomach drops and I let out a groan, trying to force the memory from my skull – not just for the time being, but forever. “Thinking about last night.”

“Are you still shaken up by that?” Akira asks with an amused smile, perking up as she locks eyes with me. “You did fine for your first time, you goof.”

I'm not given a chance to justify my feelings before she continues, lifting her leg out of the water to give my cheek a few half-hearted slaps with the side of her foot. “Besides, you're still young. There's plenty of time to work on it.”

Plenty of time to work on... oh.

“So you're saying there's going to be a next time, then?” I jab, unable to keep the smirk off of my face.

I can already feel myself perking up despite my best attempts to remain 'calm' and I'll have to slap myself if I keep glancing down at her bust every few moments. The conversation is doing nothing to distract me from those matters, however, instinct taking the wheel of my body as the images of Akira's bare, slender figure flash through my head.

She gives me a nonchalant and yet confident shrug. “I'm not sure, what do you think?”

I have to adjust how I'm sitting to remain 'comfortable,' feeling my legs brush past Akira's as I try to keep my attention focused on her expression. “Well, I'm asking you, aren't I?”

“It's all up to how you play your cards.” She says, something of an alluring glint in her eyes. For just a second, her gaze jumps down my body before returning to me, as if she were distracted by something. “I mean, you seemed pretty eager last night.”

My entire body stiffens up as something begins to poke and tease at me, taking a dangerous interest in my privates.

Akira's body begins to shift in strange ways – I can see her leg moving up and down in tiny motions, her upper body relaxed despite drifting back and forth ever so slightly, sending brief jolts of bliss up my spine each time she shifts. “A bit of practice never hurt anyone, you kn-”

She cuts herself off as a mischievous smile creeps its way onto her expression, clearly pleased as my sharp breath escapes and echoes around the tiled walls. “Ooh, that got a reaction out of you.”

The teasing persists and my concentration finally breaks as I feel myself twitch; or more specifically, a certain part of me twitches against Akira's foot, which has been gliding up and down my sensitive bits for the entire past minute.

“A-Akira...” I groan, wincing as the movements intensify and become more constant, rubbing up and down between the two joints of her toes. “What are y-you doing?”

She lifts her hands out of the water and shrugs, never breaking eye contact as she lightly pokes her tongue out at me. “Just having some fun.”

Knowing that I'm powerless to do anything, her second leg joins in, lightly clenching me between the pads of her feet. I'm cut off by my own voice, a haggard moan escaping my throat as she works her legs up and down, the water gradually shifting in and out with the movements of her body. The concept of 'restraint' is all but gone to me as my gaze shifts between the dexterous feet and the sight of her modest bust, although this does nothing but egg her on.

“My eyes are up here, cowboy.” She taunts, taking some kind of personal joy in the fact that I can do nothing more than grit my teeth in pleasure.

The look on her face only grows more and more alluring as I begin to nudge my hips back and forth against her, gripping the side of the tub as I try to maintain control of my body. She bites her lip and looks me up and down, having to position herself against the edge of the tub to maintain leverage as the pace hastens.

“Akira, you...” I moan, my legs tensing up and my back arching as she switches the positions of her feet around – rolling up and down the side with one while she holds me still with the other, teasing at each and every centimeter with the pads of her foot.

“You're awfully worked up.” She jabs, twirling her hair around one finger as she glances away, feigning disinterest. It's all I can do to keep from throbbing and twitching in her grasp as I clench my teeth and avoid letting out any more noises beyond a subtle moan and a quickened breath, feeling climax approach even faster than last night.

The pleasant feeling soon succumbs to something much more pressing, however, as instinct forces one hand to my sternum and the other to Akira's ankle, pausing everything.

With much difficulty, I somehow manage to stammer out the words “Let's just... stop... for a moment... maybe.” as my entire body begins to feel as though it’s been doused in ice water.

“Ah, your chest thing acting up?” She asks, pulling her feet away before crawling over with a look of concern.

Any sort of 'activity' in this vein could very well set me off, especially since my job hasn't been as much of a workout as I had hoped. On the other hand, I haven't taken my pills since before coming over yesterday, and I haven't yet experimented with what exactly happens when I don't take my medicine.

Needless to say, it's not something worth exploring any further.

I wince as the worst of it passes, unsure as to what to say from here. “Yeah, it was only a bit though.”

She mutters something to herself, sliding one hand down my shoulder and along my chest, tracing the scar with her fingers. “Are you alright?”

“It was just a little episode, I'm fine.” I nod, trying to regain my composure. A chuckle escapes my throat, for lack of a better way to respond. “There just aren't any ways around it, I'm afraid.”

“I thought you took medicine for it?” Akira asks, placing the back of her hand against my forehead. “I mean, I know you have to, but how often? Did you miss it since you stayed over last night?”

I nod. “Three times a day. I think we'd be experiencing some technical difficulties even if I hadn't missed my schedule, though.”

Her brow furrows and she gives me a disappointed gaze, gripping my chin in one hand. “I'm more worried about keeping you alive than keeping you in bed. Don't you think you should take some steps to keep up with that?”

Looks like I'm going to be doing some research on that pill case a lot sooner than I expected. “I've been thinking about it recently. There haven't really been any situations that have warranted having to carry my pills around with me.”

“Just be sure to take care of yourself.” She says softly, returning to her side of the tub before crossing her arms, a relieved smile forming on her lips. ”You've made it this far, though, so I'm not gonna harp on you too much.”

We pause for a few moments, our shoulders both sinking under the water as we slouch in the tub.

I'd make a comment about how it feels like just yesterday we started dating, but in all honesty, that might just be the case. Even if it had started sooner, this is all rather... much. I'm still new to this 'relationship’ idea, but it feels like we did a lot of things out of order last night.

“Hey Akira...” I trail off, feeling her foot brush past my thigh again. “Do you think we're going too fast with all of this? I mean, just, with all the touching and the... other stuff.”

She meets me with a pensive gaze, her lips pursed as she mulls over the words.

Surely she must agree? Rather, she should at least understand where I'm coming from when we talk about physical exertion or excitement to this degree. She's experienced in all the areas where I'm totally clueless, so there shouldn't be any shame in slowing down and letting me catch my breath.

“Well, I don't want to go saying 'we got carried away' or 'one thing led to another' about last night.” Akira responds, tilting her said side to side as she contemplates what she's trying to say. “I don't think we should be shy about this kind of thing, though.”

“Well, this is my first relationship after all.” I remark, avoiding her gaze. “I don't want to go rushing things -- I'm afraid that 'those things' might be all I want to do if we go at it frequently enough.”

My concern is met with a reassuring smile. “We can take things easy, if you want.”

However, she pauses for a moment, that nonchalant pout on her lips as she avoids eye contact. “Don't go thinking you're the only one with needs, though. Especially since there was barely any activity with my previous relationship.”

“Barely any activity with... huh?” I stammer, my gaze narrowing and confusion bouncing around in my head.

Does she mean she... with Tetsuo...?

She lets out a sigh. “It's not a big deal or even an issue now, but...”

Her voice trails off as she tries to think of the 'proper' way to say what I've already assumed. It isn’t like the thought has never crossed my mind, but I'd rather not put much focus into Akira's past... lives when it comes to previous partners. It's clear that she's had some experiences; I don't need to know how many or how often. Surely it's better that way.

“Hmmmm...” Akira groans, becoming frustrated as she tries to put the right words together. Failing that, however, she simply comes out with it. “Tetsuo and I had vastly different views about the bedroom.”

“He wasn't a total prude, but as far as 'stuff' goes...” She trails off, making air quotes with extra emphasis on 'stuff.' “It was one of the more frustrating aspects of our relationship, at least in my opinion.”

“Huh.” I remark, unsure whether to remain silent and wait for things to run their natural course, or laugh at how strange the situation seems to have gotten.

Akira seems to pick up on the mood immediately, however, giving an awkward chuckle before replying with “I'm sorry if this is all kinda weird to talk about, there are just some things I never got to vent after Tetsuo and I split up.”

I shake my head. “It's perfectly alright. Honestly, I'd rather let Tetsuo become just a memory, but you shouldn't feel bad about venting.”

“That's really all I wanted to say.” She notes, shutting her eyes and laying back. “There are a lot of stories I could tell you about him, both good and horribly cringe-inducing, but I think it'd be better to just leave it in the past.”

Part of me wants to ask about the 'horribly cringe-inducing' stories, but it's probably better than I don't know. With any luck I won't ever have to see the guy again in my life, and I don't want to go stirring up Akira's feelings by asking for her to tell me about past experiences.

It's good to know she's looking out for me, though. “So, what I said earlier... you won't hold it against me if I need some breathing room?”

As much as I'd love to be smothered by Akira all hours of the day, this is something that needs to be addressed, especially if I want to live until graduation, or at the very least to see my twenties.

“Nah. Honestly, we did this all pretty ass-backwards.” She remarks, her shoulders dropping and her chin dipping into the surface of the water as she slumps even further into the tub.

Despite the mood, I can't help but laugh. “I kinda agree. Usually the first kiss comes before anything else, right?”

Her own laughter joins with mine. “That's usually how it goes; it's not like there's a perfectly laid out map, though. Getting off track a bit isn't going to ruin everything.”

“By the way, Saturday is date night. Deal with it.” She asserts without giving me any room to speak. “I'd prefer if we didn't schedule the sex, though. That's better when it just 'happens.'”

Naturally, seeing as how Saturday is the only day she's certain to have off work every week. Looks like Sunday will have to be my regular study sessions, and I'll have to tell Mr. Satou and the other custodian that I can't be scheduled on that day anymore.

However, another thought enters my mind, alongside the one where I realize that the bath has dimmed from hot to a mere lukewarm. “I didn't know you were supposed to schedule that kind of thing.”

She shrugs and lets out a grunt as she rises to her feet, the apprehension in my gaze now long gone as I feast my eyes upon her glistening form. “You'd think so, but there are some couples that can never find the time, apparently.”

“As such,” She adds, crossing her arms and glancing down at me, going into 'authority' mode for her next instruction, “use protection. Every single time. I'm not a big fan of birth control so I'll be riding you extra hard about that.”

“Yes ma'am.” I state, making a mental note to pick up some other things at the pharmacy next time I go to get my prescriptions refilled.

I decide to lay in the tub and soak for a bit longer as Akira climbs out, grabbing a towel from a closet beside the sink and ruffling her hair in it, somehow managing to make it look even messier than usual. Any plans I had to get up and join her are stalled as my eyes trace each action, watching the white towel glide up and down her slender form.

There will never come a day where I get tired of this, I swear.

“You'll catch a cold if you stay in there for too long.” She teases, grabbing another towel and leaving it on the counter before leaving to get dressed.

It doesn't take long for me to hop out of the tub and get dried off, letting the images of Akira sink into memory before embarking on getting dressed.

I'm the lucky guy now, huh? If sights like that are going to be a regular occurrence, I don't want to do anything to interrupt it. I’ll restrain my body, but my eyes desperately want to explore more of her, to claim every last bit for myself.

There will be time for that later, however. For now, I think my priority would have to be getting back to school, both to catch the few classes left in the day, and to take my medicine. No use risking a catastrophe in case the odds catch up with me.

To do that, however, I would require clothes, none of which are in here. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I have to leave without a sock or my undershirt, considering how little attention I was paying to such trivial details when they were being yanked off of my body.

It only takes a few moments to make it back to Akira's bedroom, where I'm immediately welcomed to the sight of the blonde-haired girl in nothing but a camisole and a pair of lemon-yellow boyshort panties.

“Cute.” I remark as soon as she takes notice of me.

“Hey, might wanna watch where you’re looking.” She gloats, grabbing my boxers from off of the ground and throwing them at me.

If the black that obscures my vision is any indicator, she has pretty good aim.

I plop down on her bed and trade the bath towel for my pair of worn boxers. “It’s not like you can blame me. Your legs are down there, and you don't seem to be wearing any pants.”

“Neither are you. No shirt or shoes either, and yet you’re still getting service.” She retorts, just now putting on a white dress shirt.

“Give me a few moments to find my clothes and we'll be able to remedy that non-issue.” I reply, having to walk all the way to the other side of the room just to scoop up my discarded trousers.

Making sure to sneak a few glances over my shoulder as Akira wiggles into her own pants, I secure the belt around my hips and go searching for at least one of my shirts. Despite the flurry of discarded clothes, of which Akira's have yet to be picked up, everything seems to be set and in order.

Though, I get the impression that it’s more because she never uses it, rather than tidying up often. It seems like the only thing she uses the bedroom for is to store clothes and sleep, since she doesn't seem to have much in the way of trinkets – aside from a row of framed pictures of Lilly sitting on the dresser, anyway.

The main focus seems to be on her younger sister. Photos of Lilly outnumber images of her uncle and cousins, her parents, and really the entire rest of her family by about five to one. Akira doesn't seem to be standing in many of them either, only present for a family portrait and an old school photo with...

“Heh, so you do know what skirts are.” I muse, smiling at the sight of a teenaged Akira in a typical sailor's school uniform, her eyes still a vibrant red although her hair is much longer and tied back into a ponytail.

She lets out a groan. “I'm not really a skirt girl anymore.”

“I gathered that much.”I reply, finally collecting my undershirt. “I've just always been curious as to why you wear suits instead of... other stuff.”

She sifts through her closet for a bit before pulling something out. “Other stuff like this?”

A black, what looks to be a knee-length pencil skirt sits on the hanger, covered in plastic as if it had come back from the cleaners only to never be worn again. Before I can get a chance to comment, she grabs a white blouse and shows it to me as well, a curious look on her face.

“Yeah, women's office clothes, I guess you'd call it.”

My interest is met by a mixed reaction, half willing to elaborate and half wishing I hadn't asked.

“It's not that much of a story.” She explains, placing the two items back in her closet and sliding them as far down the rack as they'll go. “Well, when I was 'coffee girl,' that was the standard uniform. Moving up meant I had to be a bit more imposing, though...”

“When you think of commanding or deserving respect, do you first think of a guy in a suit, or a woman in a thigh-length pencil skirt and a tight-ass blouse?” She continues, tucking her shirt into her suit pants before pulling a black tie off of a bar supporting at least a dozen more, all of varying cloth and patterns.

I nod, realizing what she's trying to say.

“Suits are more comfortable, at that.” She says, doing up her tie in record time, a practiced motion that she doesn't even have to pay any mind to. “And you don't have to worry about how far is too far when you're bending over to pick something up.”

The thought of such a thing leaves me grinning at the image of Akira shyly tugging a skirt over her knees or struggling to stay balanced on high-heels. “Was that a problem for you back then?”

She shoots me a grimace filled with memories. “More pluses include not being ogled and hit on by your co-workers on a regular basis. It's a big confidence booster, sure, but I'm definitely not into guys twenty years older than me.”

I can imagine things being hard for her starting out, seeing as how she only got the job because she was a relative of the manager. “How long did you have to put up with that?”

This time, my question elicits a more hardy laugh. “Until uncle found out about it and started carrying his sword around the building instead of just leaving it in his office.”

“Is that why he carries it around everywhere, then?” I chuckle.

Her expression loses a bit of its brightness as she opens her mouth to speak, but then trips on whatever she intended to say. “I honestly have no idea. Maybe it started out as a joke and he decided to make a bad habit out of it.”

Oh.

As much as I'd like to lay around and talk for the rest of the day, I really should be getting ready to go. If I'm lucky I can at least make it to my last class, and Akira needs to be heading off to work shortly.

“You think I'll be able to catch the bus back before class ends for the day?” I ask as Akira sits down on the bed beside me, all dressed up minus her shiny black shoes.

She shrugs and reaches for a hairbrush on her bedside table, sweeping haphazardly at her messy, damp hair. “I don't see why not. Normally I'd gripe at you for missing class, but...”

“This is an exception.” She says with a light smile, taking one glance in the mirror and deciding that all the random swipes at her hair are enough. “You should be getting back, though. Do you work tomorrow?”

I shake my head. “No work today or tomorrow. I was supposed to work tomorrow, but I asked Mr. Setou to give my shift to the other custodian since you said your father would be coming down soon.”

“That's what I'm getting at, heh.” Akira returns, both of us standing up and heading for the door as the clock ticks closer to noon. “He's supposed to be flying in tomorrow, and for some reason he's too good for a taxi. You think you wanna go pick him up with me?”

It's already that time, huh? I knew he was coming later in the week, but I figured it could at least wait until Friday, so that the man wouldn't have to miss any time away from his business for the weekend. It would be a shame to let such an opportunity go to waste, though.

“I don't see why not, as much as I don’t like the guy simply because of how you talk about him, there’s no reason not to avoid him entirely.” I reply, shutting the bedroom door behind her. “Right after school, I take it?”

“Something like that.” She says, letting out a sigh. “For someone who runs a company, he has some pretty atrocious habits concerning punctuality. I didn't even get to see him until my last day in Scotland despite him saying that he wanted to talk the second we got there.”

The way she says it gives me the impression that he'll do something wild like show up at three in the morning and demand that we be there to get him the instant he steps off the plane. Considering all of the people I've come to know in the past few months, such a thing wouldn't even surprise me.

We both take a moment to slip into our shoes, with Akira holding the door open for me and then locking it on the way out.

It's way too soon to be thinking of moving in together, but the thought of experiencing this every morning is certainly appealing.

“I'll try to be here, then.” I state, heading for the elevator. “Will the dress code be as strict as the one for your uncle?”

She shakes her head, a snarky grin on her lips. “No, it'll be stricter.”

“Just how strict?” I return, one eyebrow raised as I wait for the elevator to come up. “I’m only allowed to wear plain grey jumpsuits?”

“Oh, of course.” She chuckles, one hand on her hip as she lingers at the door, adjusting her coat and tie. “Any form of expression or personality is a no. He’ll ask you to get a haircut on at least five occasions by the time we drop him off.”

It doesn't take long for a 'ding' to signal the arrival, followed by the opening of the metallic doors. Before Akira even begins to join me, however, she stops and pats her pockets, realizing that she's forgotten something.

“You go first, I left my wallet inside.” She says, already rifling through her pocket for her keys.

The thought of leaving for the day crosses my mind, but not before I take care of one last thing. “What, not even a goodbye kiss?”

Rather than meet me with a witty return, however, she yanks her keys out of her pocket, walks up to me, grabs my shoulder, and pulls my lips into hers. My mind goes blank for a few moments as we hold this position for a few seconds, the responsibility of breaking away and continuing about our days falling to Akira as I get lost in the moment.

“You could use some practice there as well.” She remarks, ribbing me with her elbow one last time.

With no last words, I step into the elevator and, with thoughts of the blonde woman behind me still whirling through my head like a storm, look at my schedule for the rest of the day.

Of course, I say that, but all I have left is to go to class, and then tonight I have to get ready for the major event tomorrow.

I wonder what he'll be like.
Last edited by Thanatos02 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
DARKWRAITH

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 10/10]

Post by DARKWRAITH »

Noice.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Oh neat, birthday update. Man, what a great way to end my teenage years: Akira in his element, writing (a bit of) delicious lewd. And the date on which we meet Mr. Satou steadily approaches. All aboard the hype train, choo choo motherfuckers.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

Thanatos02 wrote: "...I'm not a big fan of birth control so I'll be riding you extra hard about that.”
heh
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I state, making a mental note to pick up some other things at the pharmacy next time I go to get my prescriptions refilled.
I don't think he gets his prescriptions refilled at a pharmacy...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

I can't help but fear for Hisao's safety when he meets Akira's father.

That's probably because I keep thinking of the Mr. Satou from fluffandcrunch's works, and his version of him reminds me of Kingpin from Spider-Man, though.

Either way, nice chapter.
Last edited by Hoitash on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hisao's safety when he meet's Akira's father.
three out of two... :roll:
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.