Akira Pseudo-Route [Complete!]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Triscuitable

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/20]

Post by Triscuitable »

Thanatos02 wrote: Don't brag. I bet your bras have gotten so uncomfortable.
A-Cup angst, much?
Thanatos02 wrote:Earl Grey is morning tea, right? There’s so much pomp and circumstance to this crap.
Thanatos02 wrote:Wait. This is a small – Lilly's at least three sizes too big for the top alone, and I don't want anything hanging out even if she does wear shorts with it. Such is life for the hourglass figure; I'll never figure out how my cousin handles it.
Don't you mean sister?

Well, that's all. Good work on this one. The change of perspective was nice. Can't say it's what I'd like to see in the rest of the fic, but it was certainly a nice detour of sorts.
Triscuitable

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/20]

Post by Triscuitable »

forgetmenot wrote:
Triscuitable wrote:Don't you mean sister?
I assumed she meant Shizune.
Aaaaaaaaah.
Retrograde01

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 6/18]

Post by Retrograde01 »

And the prodigal son hath returned! Huzzah!

I'm really loving this story, so far. Keep it up, man.
nemz

Post by nemz »

Well that was a fun surprise today. Swimsuit shopping with Akira is never a bad time, even if jerkass parents try to put a damper on the mood.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

I love that change of perspective, nice intermission chapter. Next up, someone draw Hanako in her swimsuit! :)
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
TheCatBeyondSpace!

Post by TheCatBeyondSpace! »

Okay, I made this pretty much just to say this. This story is awesome!
Cats Are God!!!
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

sfavron wrote:You certainly picked an ideal time to update - the one night I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep!
I'll admit that this left me feeling rather giddy on Hisao's behalf. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
As always, wonderful work, and more than worth any wait.
BestTerribleApe wrote:Thanatos02 uploaded another chapter for his Akira's route.
From Akira's perspective, to match.
Today is going to be a good day, after all.
CaptainFalcon wrote:I really liked the change in perspective, it was nice to know what was going on inside Akira's head. I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter and it certainly made my day that much better reading it
Retrograde01 wrote:And the prodigal son hath returned! Huzzah!
I'm really loving this story, so far. Keep it up, man.
nemz wrote:Well that was a fun surprise today. Swimsuit shopping with Akira is never a bad time, even if jerkass parents try to put a damper on the mood.
TheCatBeyondSpace! wrote:Okay, I made this pretty much just to say this. This story is awesome!
Thanks everyone for reading. Even though it took a while, I had a lot of fun writing this chapter and I'm glad I was able to keep it interesting.
Mirage_GSM wrote:Just one small thing:
The final Trimester won't begin until January. At this time she should be worried about the second one.
Nice addition and good to see you still working on this.
Ah, thanks for that. My perspective of time is always messed up since I don't have a total understanding of the japanese school year. I don't think that even having exact dates wouldn't help since it's not really clear where KS begins, except that he could have transferred into KS around the May~June range. Thanks for reading and providing criticism as always. It's like it was just yesterday I was still mashing my head into the keyboard over the whole random encounters thing, heh.
BlackWaltzTheThird wrote: If it's the same kind of powdered stuff my mates and I use when hungover, it could afford to be up there a lot longer than a month with no worries at all.
I've had some bad experiences with month-old pancake mix. In retrospect I should have acknowledged that it was just me with that viewpoint, but for the time being I think I'll leave it in. Adds a bit more flavor to Akira's cooking experiences, from a certain point of view.
And that's all I have to say about that. The change in perspective was unexpected, so at first I thought Hisao had suddenly gone somewhere with the girls... I can't really remember the last chapter as well as I should, so rereading it might have cleared that up. Anyway, this chapter - or intermission, I should say - was interesting to say the least. On the surface it appears to be mostly just swimsuit shopping, but the extensive umming and ahhing about clothes serves as a brilliant parallel to Akira's simultaneous umming and ahhing about Hisao. I'm certainly curious to see whether this change in perspective will be used again or will remain a once off.
I really appreciate the grammar help, but this is pretty much the way I've been writing this entire time, and I feel that shifting onto the correct manner would be a pretty big shift at this point. In any of my future non-Akira Route writings, I'll make sure to apply that. Thanks for reading as always, and I'm glad you liked the chapter, even if it was a bit unexpected.
Gauldoth Half-Dead wrote:Oooh, a change of perspective! At first I was a bit scared that it would be just that - a Hisao route from Akira's perspective. I was glad to discover that was not the case. It had some talk about Hisao as it should, you pulled the whole intermission/slice of life/bridge chapter thing off very well. I enjoyed reading Akira's thoughts, you wrote her very well.
Your style is still wonderful, carry on dude. Don't let the feminists keep you down. The feminists, or the thought that people are waiting for the newest chapter, minutes after you finished this one. Nobody really minds the wait. I certainly don't, especially since I know what's it like to be in the writer's shoes. Hope you'll get rid of that feeling of letting others down if you don't hurry with it, I had to fight a lot to leave it behind. D:
That was the goal, writing Akira's thoughts about Hisao without it bridging into a direct romantic setting. It was incredibly tricky writing this chapter because I wanted to give some insight into Akira's past and her thoughts on Hisao without spoiling anything, which is why (conveniently) most of her memories are about things that have already been explained earlier in the story.
Thanks for reading! I'm trying to cut down on the wait time and get back into my 1,000 words a day regimen, but there's just a lot of crap that's been going on lately.
LegyPlegy wrote:Excellent chapter! c:
Thanks for always keeping up. And the 'Mom' comment was helpful. That one line wasn't phrased very well, thank you for pointing it out.
Triscuitable wrote:Well, that's all. Good work on this one. The change of perspective was nice. Can't say it's what I'd like to see in the rest of the fic, but it was certainly a nice detour of sorts.
It's intended to be a detour, yeah. There won't be another perspective switch chapter in the near future. I have an idea for another one, but it's not related to the events that are happening in act 5, so it won't be seen anytime soon. Thanks for reading.
Carighan wrote:I love that change of perspective, nice intermission chapter. Next up, someone draw Hanako in her swimsuit! :)
Thank you. And yes, someone should draw Hanako her new swimsuit. In fact, draw all the girls in swimsuits.
YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

Thanatos02 wrote:And yes, someone should draw Hanako her new swimsuit. In fact, draw all the girls in swimsuits.
>implying you even want them to have any form of clothing on

Thanatos pls.
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
carrion_crow

Post by carrion_crow »

Once again, you succeed and I am more captivated then ever with this latest chapter. It's a good refresher to see how Akira is feeling and her perspective on the whole situation at hand.
Akira=Miki>Lily>Emi>Rin>Hanako...........and shizune I guess
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

YourFavAnon wrote:>implying you even want them to have any form of clothing on
Thanatos pls.
It's summer. Summer is the time for girls in swimsuits. There's plenty of nude fanart floating around anyway and I have a thing for swimsuits.

I grew up 20 minutes from the beach. Give me a break.
Triscuitable

Post by Triscuitable »

Thanatos02 wrote:
Thanatos pls.
It's summer. Summer is the time for girls in swimsuits. There's plenty of nude fanart floating around anyway and I have a thing for swimsuits.

And I like short hair and glasses. It's not like there's any VNs out there catering to me.
WilyWiley

Post by WilyWiley »

Just decided to make an account to comment and thank you for writing this! I love how the story has gone and I like how you've tied in Lilly and Hanako more into Akira's route. Keep up the great work.
YourFavAnon

Post by YourFavAnon »

Thanatos02 wrote:
Thanatos pls.

Well, I mean, you're kind of the lewd king of writing if we don't count Banda because that's all he wrote and it was /d/ level shit at that. It's inevitable that I have to give you a hard time, bro. c:

I have no objections to swimsuits, and girls with short hair are my personal favorite, so I have no ground to stand on here ;~;
I write things occasionally.

Dumps of my 35+ fics can be found here and here (including some non-KS stuff).
carrion_crow

Post by carrion_crow »

Yep. I thought about it for a little bit and I realized that your story is THE ONLY fic that I have to keep re-reading as I wait for the updates, but it's not a bad thing. The wait is always worth the update.....

And also reading the comments gives me a good laugh...swimsuits guys? lol
Akira=Miki>Lily>Emi>Rin>Hanako...........and shizune I guess