Staggering Harmony - (A2,S15 Updated 12/30/15)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (Updated - Act 1, Scene 10)

Post by Zykes »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on and moving along with the story, I've been working on a related project. >.>

Anyways, I should have Scene 11 up soon and be straight to work on 12
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic
Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (Updated - Act 1, Scene 11)

Post by Zykes »

Scene 11Loose Chords

A strong silence overcomes the class, as I walk in right behind Hanako. I don't think much of it at first. However I notice most of the students were staring at us. The most notable, were Shizune and Misha, who have finally returned to class.

Hanako quickly moves to her seat, leaving a short distance further to go, alone. The pressure from the attention is overwhelming.

Once in my seat, most turn away. Shizune and Misha however, approach my desk.
Shizune is quite serious, while Misha has a mischievous grin.

"Well, well, well… Where has dear Hiroshi been this whole time?" I lean back into my seat, if to only make myself feel a sense of distance between us.

"…What do you mean…?" I glance over at the window, not wanting to make direct eye contact with either of them.

Shizune signs to Misha, and then she softly slams her hands on my desk. I flinch on instinct, turning to her.

"We were so busy today with Student Council work. We wanted to have lunch with you, but we couldn't find you," Their statement has some holes in it, considering I wasn't off the campus or anything.

"I didn't expect either of you to show up at lunch, so I went somewhere else. Is that a big deal?" The music room was the only planned part of my day. Lunch with Lilly and Hanako wasn't.

A sudden feeling of regret falls on me, as I could have chosen a better set of words to explain what happened. Shizune's eye brows scrunched up, she doesn't look too happy, though if it wasn't for the serious atmosphere of the conversation, it would look very cute.

"I don't know Hiroshi, it seems like you found other company," The bitter taste of jealousy. I never would have thought I'd get to see it first-hand.

As much as I attempt to resist the urge to glance at Hanako, I can't help it and look over at her, giving away any chance to play this off as anything less.

"So you did spend time with someone else Hiroshi!" Hanako pulls her book over her face, knowing Misha's loud claim is about her.

I can't understand the sudden feeling to defend Hanako, but I react quickly to the claim.

"It's not…"

Mutou walks into the room as the class bell rings, conveniently cutting me off. Shizune and Misha sulk slightly as they return to their seats.

A long sigh escapes my lips, feeling that I might have dug myself into a hole and not realized it.

I flip open the notebook on my desk to a clean sheet, as Mutou starts to dictate. A feeling of concern about a possible quiz fills my mind.

The pace in which he speaks is a bit faster than I can write, making it difficult to keep up. I notice that Shizune and Misha sign to each other, making me worried about their conversation. This in turn makes me miss a few words. I hope they weren't that important, letting out a soft sigh again, knowing the second half of the day will be long.

///////////

The school bell is mark of relief as my wrist felt like it was going to fall off from all that writing. To my surprise, Mutou made no mention of an exam or quiz. I start to wonder what all this note taking is preparation for.

I start to wiggle my hand, wanting to get the tension to fade. It is a silly way to try to relax that part of my body, but I suppose it's a trick of the mind.

From the corner of my eye I notice Hanako is looking at me. Does she want to say something or want something from me? She stands up and slowly starts to walk towards me, but stops once Shizune and Misha step between us.

My vision turns to both, though I see Hanako leave the room in a hurry, before focusing on Shizune.

"Class felt so long, didn't it Hiroshi?" Misha's cheery words lighten the mood.

"Yeah, my hand was going to fall off if we had to write any more," I take my books and put them away.

Misha translates to Shizune, who in turns makes a wide grin. I guess she does have a sense of humor.

The grin on her face drops into a normal smile as she gives me a rough nudge on the shoulder.

"Hiroshi, we should hurry, we still have a lot of work to do for the festival," Shizune and Misha rush off, as I realize what’s said. It hits me like a mountain of bricks.

The palms of my hand cover the top part of my face as I sigh. The aches of my muscles come to the surface.

I forget to tell them! Now I'm stuck doing this another day…
Last edited by Zykes on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (Updated - Act 1, Scene 12)

Post by Zykes »

Scene 12Fine-Tuning

The blaring sound from the clock disturbs my much-needed sleep.

As much as I want to quickly turn it off, my arms feel like noodles. So I just lay here for a while, letting my energy fill up.

A few minutes go by and I finally muster the drive to turn the alarm off. It takes a few swats, but it finally happens.

I pull my face from the pillow, and sit up on the bed. Quickly I rub my eyes, and start going through the normal course of the morning.

First thing is the pill. After only a few days, I can't imagine getting myself through this process without taking it. Maybe that's a bad thing in the long run, but I shrug the idea.

I pull my uniform from the closet, sighing. Another long day of class, I can't really hope for much rest…

//////////

The class bell rings, marking the end of the day. My expectation of what class was like today is different than it ended up being.

I find that I had doodled on the page for the last ten minutes of class.

Misha turns herself towards me, soon followed by Shizune. On instinct I try to think of a reason not to help with anymore festival related activities, though only something like the library comes to mind.

"Hiroshi, do you have plans for today?" Smiles from both make me worry, not that it isn't a nice sight to behold. I blurt out my excuse, feeling I might fall apart with any more work.

"Oh…umm… I'm going to check out the library today…hehe…" I've never had a good poker face, but I hope the honesty from my words help.

Shizune and Misha look disappointed, as they look at each other.

"Well, that is too bad Hiroshi. We planned on going to the Shanghai," Considering I have no idea what that is, I feel bad for missing out since it seems it's not about work.

"I'm sorry, maybe next time?" As much as I would like to change what I said, it would seem suspicious to do so.

I gather my things as I bid them farewell, they wave me off, as I step out of the classroom, into the hallway.

Looking down each end of the hall, I try to visually remember where the library is. It was only mentioned in passing by Shizune and Misha on my first day. I can guess it’s not on this floor, so I head down to the second in hopes of finding it there.

A few minutes of door checking finally heeds a positive result, as I step into the library. The white walls don't draw much attention, however the grey stone stacked borders do.

I step through to the center, where most of the sunlight focuses at. Just from a glance, I can notice a decent amount of empty spots within the many bookcases. I figure that a lot of students like to read.

The large gap between two short bookcases is easy enough to get through as I start to look through the books, looking for something related to music sheets. I do want to continue to practice with the violin.

I wonder where the librarian is, unsure if the school even has one. I keep my slow pace as I turn into the next aisle.

A familiar sound of tapping starts to fill the void of sound within the room. I try to look past the bookcases to get a clear view.

Suddenly a loud thud and a wail of pain overtake the previous noise as I get past the shelves. An unknown woman behind the main desk and Lilly come into view.

Seeing Lilly here doesn't make much sense. How can someone who is blind, read a book. I don't want to be rude, so let me say hello. I step around to the next aisle, having no trouble seeing her.

"Hey Lill...," A feeling of something large presses against my shin. I look down quickly to see a large beanbag chair as I fall forward, hitting the ground roughly. Adding insult to injury, a few books from the nearby shelf fall on me.

The tapping from Lilly's cane sounds louder as I figure she walks over to me.

"Oh dear, is that you Hiroshi? Are you all right?" I pull myself up as the books on my back drop to the floor. In a way I am glad Lilly can't see this, it’s embarrassing.

"Eh… Yes it's me… I'm ok…," Immediately I'm off my feet and pick up the dropped books. I look around, noticing the woman at the desk, I turn towards Lilly to avoid noticing her gaze.

"What happened to you Hiroshi?" Her voice soft and full of concern, I can say that she is must be the most caring person I've met in my life.

My teeth grind a bit, as I stare down at the beanbag. I see another one a few feet away on the opposite side. It rules out that it's randomly placed here. I sigh softly as I turn my attention back to Lilly.

"I wasn't paying attention, I tripped over the beanbag that's here," I try to chuckle a bit to play off how I feel about falling over. Lilly seems to accept the way I answered her question, as she smiles.

"Well, just be careful Hiroshi, those can pop out of now here," Lilly giggled slightly, which made me smile. I can't feel bad for some reason when Lilly teases me.

The woman at the desk calls out.

"Lilly, I've found it," her voice sounded like my sister, at least in pitch. Lilly heads over to her and I follow. I might as well find out who this is.

"Thank you Yuuko," Lilly grabs the book and holds it with her left arm.

A close look at her, she has shoulder length orange hair, hazel eyes behind a small pair of glasses, and freckles. She does not seem older than either of us.

"O-oh, who might this be, Lilly?" She fidgets to get her composure back to normal. Before I have to chance to introduce myself, Lilly speaks up.

"Oh, this is Hiroshi, he is a new student," There is a pause between us. I figure this is my cue to say something.

"Haha… Hi there…," Even though I've met a decent amount new people, I'm not really good at introductions.

"Hiroshi, this is Yuuko. She is the librarian, she also works at the Shanghai," This answers a few questions I hadn't thought to ask.

"So, how can I help you Hiroshi?" Yuuko is quick to help. I guess it is the nature of those who work at Yamaku.

"I was looking for a book with music sheets for a violin, but I couldn't find it." Her expression changed. She definitely goes through the motions.

"Let me see if I can find it for you," Yuuko scurries off to find the book. Suddenly I get a nudge from Lilly.

"Hiroshi, I've meant to ask you a few things," Lilly looked concerned, but not sad.

"Umm…, sure, go ahead and ask," I was curious about what she would ask.

"If it is alright to ask, you did mention yesterday that you were “strange” could you explain that?" My heart skips a beat. I wasn't expecting her to ask about it.
My breathing is slightly faster than usually. Normally I don't like to discuss this, however it's not like Lilly could understand it like everyone else. I can't blame her for being interested in it.

"…It’s a bit difficult to explain, umm… I guess having not really had anyone close to me most of my life, I figured I had to be very strange since no one bothered to interact with me," A sense of uneasy swells through my body. I am very surprise I could speak so clearly about it to anyone.

Lilly's sadness from what I've explained is clear. I don't like the sight of this, so I try to sound a bit more cheery.

"It's done and gone, can't change the past, right? So do you have any other questions, hehe?" Lilly nods. The gloom fades from her face, as she speaks. The tone is a lot more light-hearted.

"What are your thoughts on Hanako?" I don't immediately respond to her question. I think back to any memory I have with Hanako, which is mostly about the lunch we had. As well as the few times I've noticed her staring at me.

I really don't know what to say, but I shouldn't blurt out every thought that comes to mind.

"She seems nice…," That answer is the truth, though her staring and what she said about me yesterday has left me somewhat confused. I don't know how to describe the feeling from all of what has happened this week.

Lilly has an inquisitive expression on her face. Is she surprised by my answer?

"Hmm, what do you notice about Hanako?" I feel like she is fishing for something. I wonder about the question, as I think of an answer.

"Well…, she is pretty shy and timid. That's all I notice about her so far," I cover my mouth as I can feel a yawn coming.

"All right, thank you Hiroshi," Lilly smiles softly. Before I can inquiry her on these questions, Yuuko returns with the book.

"Here you go Hiroshi, is this all?" I stubble to speak, lost between what I wanted to say to Lilly and what to say to Yuuko.

"Err… umm… yes, that's it, thank you," A take the book from Yuuko as I turn to Lilly. I want to ask her some things, but I don't want to feel so suspicious about it. She doesn't seem like the kind of person to do bad things.

"I'll see you later Lilly, I have things to attend to," I resist the urge to wave goodbye, because of how silly it would be in her case.

"Have a good day Hiroshi," Lilly moves towards Yuuko, I hear them speaking, but I can't make out the words as I walk out of the library.

Thoughts of Lilly and Hanako fill my mind as I reach the staircase.

Why am I thinking about people I barely know?

What's happening to me?
Last edited by Zykes on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

On instinct I try to think of a reason not to help with anymore festival related activities,
In this case any more is written in two words.
Not much to say otherwise...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
On instinct I try to think of a reason not to help with anymore festival related activities,
In this case any more is written in two words.
Not much to say otherwise...
Considering how I pushed to get this down within a week, I am surprised that was the only real issue. (That was observed anyway.)

In other news

I plan on having Scene 13 up by Friday. (Save any unforeseen issues).

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (Updated - Act 1, Scene 13)

Post by Zykes »

Scene 13Accelerando

The chiming of the school bell this morning marks the start of the new week. I lean back into my seat, as I blankly stare at the board, as the instructor writes on it.

Thoughts fill my mind. How did the weekend pass so fast? What did I really do in that time?

I can hear the instructor speaking to the class, but I don't really make out the words, being so focused on other things.

A sudden nudge pulls me away from my thoughts. Shizune and Misha stand on each side of me.

"Are you ready Hiroshi?" I can only give a look of confusion to both of them.

"…Huh… ready for what?"

Shizune hits my forehead with a full force poke. It brings memories of Katsumi and her way of flicking me to get my attention. My face shows how frustrated I am with her action.

"We have group work, weren't you paying attention?" A quick shake of my head tells it all, as I flip my notebook open.

I glance at the board to get the gist of the assignment. Algebra isn't exactly the most exciting way to start the morning, but I start to write the problems into my note-book. I put emphasis on the letters in each problem, trying to make it seem more appealing to look at, though it does little to help.

"Shicchan thinks we should split which questions we do evenly. She's going to take the first set, I'll take the second set and you take the last set, all right Hiroshi?" A small nod shows my acknowledgement as I look down the list I made to the last set.

I take a better look at the full list as I feel like I've been given the hardest section to do. Misha is giggling slightly, which adds to my suspicion. I sigh and get to work, not wanting to waste time over this.

\\\\\\\\\

The tip from my pencil moves against the paper as I fill in the last question on the sheet.

My hand stays in place as I stare over my answers, sighing a bit at the last two, which seemed a lot more complicated than it actually was.

Looking over at Shizune and Misha's desks, I see they are still looking over their work.

I turn to look over at Hanako, the only other person I know in the class. She is sitting on her own, despite this being a group assignment.

Does no one want to work with her? Or does she prefer this?

The thought brings me back to what Lilly had asked before. ~"What do you notice about Hanako?"~

The impression the question gives seems somewhat obvious. However, I am starting to think it's more complex.

I turn away for a moment to avoid the idea that I'm staring at her, but quickly glance back her way.

She seems lonely, and for some reason it makes me really sad.

The unexpected sound of the bell ringing makes me somewhat jump out of my seat, which grabs Shizune and Misha's attention.

"Are you ok Hiroshi?" I can understand her concern, considering I've never done that in class before.

"..Uh… yes… I'm all right…," A heavy sigh leaves my lips now.

Shizune grabs our pages and brings them to the teacher's desk. I take this moment to question Misha.

"Hey… Why doesn't anyone work with Hanako…?" I hoped without Shizune here, I could get an answer that didn't come with its own question.

There is a pause when Misha's expression changes from one of joy to somewhat serious.

"Oh, you mean Ikezawa? She is… difficult to work with, Hiroshi," I've had little interaction with her so far, but I can't really imagine what Misha saying.

"I see…," The idea is something I try to ignore. I figure it has to do with the fact that Hanako sort of reminds me of myself. There wasn't anyone with me either, in the past. However, she does have Lilly, which is something at least.

Shizune comes back over towards us, as Misha gives her the gist of the conversation. She gives a harsh glare before walking off with Misha, out of the class room.

"See you later, Hiroshi," Misha waves, as I try to figure out what I did this time. It couldn't that bad, since I did get a goodbye.

The class empties quickly, as I take my time getting things put away, not sure what to do for lunch today.

Someone appears my desk, which is unusually, considering the only people to normally do this is Shizune and Misha.

As I put the last book away, I look up to see who it is. To my surprise, it's Hanako.

"…Hey …Hanako…," Maybe she overheard the conversation.

"H-hey Hiroshi…," She covers the right side of her face, as soon as I looked at her.

"…Would you like to join Lilly and I for lunch, Hiroshi?" Its an unexpected offer. The last time we had lunch, I felt like it did not go so well.

"Sure thing…," I've never been good at understanding people or asking about others, so this is a chance to ask Hanako something directly.

Hanako than smiles, which gives off a nice feel, I can't explain it.

The sound of tapping approaches the classroom door, as Hanako and I leave the class room. It's Lilly, just in time.

"Hi Lilly," We speak in unison, which embarrasses Hanako.

Lilly chuckles slightly, enjoying the moment.

"So, I see that Hiroshi will be joining us for lunch today," A part of me finds her choice of words silly, but I don't think about it for long.

Both of them walk towards the stairs and I follow, unsure if we would eat in the same place as before.

"I-I'll get the lunches… Lilly," I've never liked being tended to always the time. Something that Katsumi has been doing recently and I didn't want it to happen here as well.

"Oh… I can get the lunches if you wa…," The sudden sound of metal click distracts me. I turn towards the source of the sound.

A girl in P.E. clothes dashes towards me. In a panic, I sidestep her, barely avoiding the collision. However Hanako gets nudged by the girl as she passes her.

She starts to fall backwards, towards the staircase. I quickly reach out and grab her arm, pulling her towards me and away from the stairs.

My heart feels like it's stopped and I was out of breath. That instant lasted forever in my mind, as I let go of the grip on Hanako. She backs up a bit, her face slightly flushed.

"…Are you all right, Hanako?" I did not look directly at her as I asked, I felt uncomfortable, though I don't understand why.

"Y-yes… Thank you… H-hiroshi…" She sounds like she is still stunned from the event. I glance over at Lilly who looks very concerned.

"What happened, Hiroshi?" The idea of not being able to see things happening to people you care about is a very scary thought.

"Hanako was… pushed and almost fell down the stairs. I caught her though," With the explanation in hand, a small smile appears on Lilly's face.

"Well, I'm glad you were here to help, Hiroshi," Hanako grabs Lilly's arm, as I try to get my mind straight.

"I'll go get the lunches and meet you back in the room…," After the ordeal, I wouldn't want Hanako moving on the staircase.

Lilly and Hanako smile as they head back up the hallway, as I descend the stairs.

I place my hand on my chest, as my heart feels odd. It was not in pain, but it did not feel normal either.

I hope I'm okay.
Last edited by Zykes on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (Updated - Act 1, Scene 13)

Post by Zykes »

Here is a quick update of whats been up.

Sorry it's been a while since anything has been posted, i've been dealing with a lot of major issues in my life, so this was put on the shelf for a while.

I will be working on this still, so it's not dead or anything.

hopefully with this holiday weekend coming I should have time and the next chapter should be posted.

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (Updated - Act 1, Scene 14)

Post by Zykes »

Scene 14Ensemble

Most of the students have already gotten their lunches when I arrive in the cafeteria.

I grab three, noticing Shizune and Misha talking.

I want to avoid an unnecessary conversation with either of them, turning back towards the door to leave the cafeteria.

A strong shout rings through my ears as I reach the threshold of the door.

"Hiroshi!" I can only assume its Misha calling out to me.

As much as I instinctively want to turn around to respond, I push on and exit, quickly dashing up the stairs.

\\\\\\\\\\

A few minutes of running has not done well for me, as I lean against the wall by a classroom to catch my breath.

I don't stay for long, not wanting to waste any more precious time. A heavy sigh leaves my lips, now walking the few slow-paced steps into the room.

Lilly and Hanako are already sitting at the table by the window. They are discussing something.

"Hiroshi…!" Hanako yells out in surprise as I approach the table, I suppose I wasn't expected back so soon.

"S-sorry…." Lilly smiles with an amused look on her face, Hanako avoids direct eye contact with me.

"It's all right…, so what were you two talking about? I can't imagine what kind of conversations Hanako would take part in casually.

A long pause lingers in the air. I take that time to put the lunches on the table and get myself seated. Lilly speaks as I get myself adjusted on the chair.

"We were discussing our day so far, Hiroshi," Her words are soothing to the mind, in a manner of speaking.

My eyes focus on the table, attempting to think of something to say. I notice Hanako get up from her seat from the edge of my vision.

"I'll make… some tea…," Hanako moves over to the cabinet to begin her preparation.

The prolong silence I gave seems to spark Lilly into action.

"Oh my, I almost forgot. Akira will be coming up this weekend," The name piques my interest. Is it another friend of hers or perhaps someone else of importance?

"Who's Akira?" my curiosity overcomes my patience, blurting out the question.

"Akira is my older sister, Hiroshi," hearing the relation between the two drains my spirit slightly as I think of my sister.

"Oh… I see…." My tone is not very joyous, and both notice that, Hanako placing the teapot and cups on the table now.

"So Hiroshi, can you tell us about your family, if that is all right with you?" I grind my teeth slightly, it is not a subject I am very fond of discussing, but I don't want seem so reserved about myself to them.

"…Well… my parents are like any other I suppose, they work a lot and such…," They haven't talked to me since shortly after my departure, so I don't think about them very often.

"I also have an older sister, Katsumi… she is a doctor…, she is the one who helped me get to Yamaku…" I feel the pressure of my teeth biting against my lower lip slightly after I speak.

Lilly looks somewhat gloomy, as Hanako pours the tea into our cups and hands them out.

"Thank you Hanako," Lilly and I spoke almost at the same time, as Hanako gave a soft smile.

I quickly begin to sip on the tea, trying to justify my new urge to stay silent.

My thoughts linger about my family, as attention to anything else fades. I can feel my heart beating faster, almost to the point of it wanting to jump out of my chest. Suddenly I could hear the sound of my name echoing as my attention to everything around me returned.

"Hiroshi…?" Hanako's voice is full of concern. I gasp softly, placing the teacup down, looking at her than turning towards Lilly.

"…Huh…?" I feel very embarrassed, as I don't understand what came over me.

"Are you alright Hiroshi? You were very quiet for a while," How long was I out of it? I feel bad for ruining the mood.

"Yes… sorry about that… kind of wandered off there." I eat some of my lunch and take another sip of tea, quickly attempting to fix my error.

"This is good tea Hanako," I smile, giving off a soft chuckle as well. However, despite the effort, I feel very awkward about it.

"T-thank you Hiroshi…," Hanako smiles, but once our eyes meet, she turns away with a soft blush on her cheeks.

A simple nod acknowledges Hanako's words, as I finish the rest of my lunch. My eyes turn to Lilly who has an unfamiliar expression on her face. It looks like a mix between worry and curiosity. I wonder if she was not as easily lead away from the previous topic as Hanako was.

"Lilly?" My voice is very soft, trying to end this matter quickly.

"Yes Hiroshi?" Lilly looks surprised. I suppose she was deep in thought.

"Is something on your mind…?" The subject of family has recently been something difficult for me to focus on, but I failed to understand that my tone could be offensive to others.

"Well…," Lilly stops, as if trying to articulate her words.

"I was just imagining how difficult an ordeal you and your family have been through recently," I take some solace from her attempts at kind and understanding, smiling softly.

My focus drops to the table, letting out a long sigh. I put my hands together, looking back at Lilly and Hanako.

"Yes it has, though I think some good is coming from it," A chuckle follows my words, as I genuinely feel good for once.

"Thank you to both of you for inviting me today…," They both smile in response, as I lean back into the seat, relaxed.

Hanako leans over to Lilly and whispers into her ear. It was short, as Lilly spoke up.

"It seems it is about time for class. We should be on our way Hiroshi," I pick up my things and stand up.

"Yes, we don't want to be late," we straighten up the table as I then follow behind Lilly and Hanako out into the hallway.

There is a short silence between us until we reach the classroom door. Hanako turns to Lilly.

"S-see you later Lilly," I watch their goodbye, just to understand more about their bond.

"Farewell Hanako and Hiroshi," Lilly bows politely, which makes it seem formal in my eyes.

"Catch you later, Lilly," I am not very good with casual partings, but I smile as she turns and walks off.

I walk inside the room, Hanako following in a few moments later. I worry about glares from Shizune and Misha, but I realize they are not in the classroom yet.

Hanako moves to her seat, so I head to mine and sit down quietly. I lean forward and rest my head against my hands, as I wait for the class bell to ring.

I close my eyes for a moment, taking in the serenity. The peace does not last long as footsteps, which get very close to me, catch my attention, than what feels like a hand slapping down on top of my head.

"Where were you Hiroshi?! We called out for you in the cafeteria and you ignored us," I look up to see Shizune and Misha, as I rub the top of my head.

"…Sorry…, guess I didn't hear you…," My attempts to look innocent feel like they will fall short, but Shizune smiles and signs to Misha.

"All right, well make sure you pay more attention next time," Both of them take their seats as the bell begins to ring.

What a day this has been…
Last edited by Zykes on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

It continues! More OCs on the forum!
Zykes wrote:"Oh my, I almost forgot. Akira will be coming up this weekend," The name peaks my interest. Is it another friend of hers or perhaps someone else of importance?
The word you want is 'piques'. Homonyms are confusing, and this one gets it a lot.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

griffon8 wrote:It continues! More OCs on the forum!
That makes it sound as if only few OCs exist, hehe.

Anyways here is a few bits
________________________________________________________________________________________
1)I am looking to make Post-Act FAQs, for any questions overall for each Act. Of course I won't spoil anything that will be revealed in later Acts. I bring this up because yes, Act 1 is getting closer to the end.(Questions can be sent as a message.)
2)I will make an attempt to get back to the once a week setup, but that may vary depending on how much work I have in classes.
3)I'll be reviewing all past scenes to do some updates and adjusts, so expect that at some point.
4) My friend is ready to work on a bit of artwork for me and I am thinking about a piece as a cover for Act 1. I have a few ideas, but I am willing to listen to some ideas, if anyone wants to throw them up via Message

So thats about it for now!

griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Zykes wrote:
griffon8 wrote:It continues! More OCs on the forum!
That makes it sound as if only few OCs exist, hehe.
Only a few OCs that are worth reading exist.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (Updated - Act 1, Scene 15)

Post by Zykes »

Scene 15Harmonic Downpour

The walk up the stairs is finally starting to go unnoticed, as I reach top. Either the pills are helping, or my body is getting adjusted to this routine.

I slip by a few students, as I enter the class, I'm early for once. My glance not too focused, looking around the room. No one I know is here yet.

The feeling from yesterday lingers in my mind, leaving a simple, bothersome question. How do I approach my "friends" about important things?

I sit at my desk, placing my elbow down and leaning against my hand. I exhale dramatically, trying to get my thoughts straight. Everything is still new to me, and I don't want to mess up.

My eyes close, feeling sleepy all of a sudden. Maybe I woke up too early.

Not long after I start to doze off, I'm shaken from behind.

"Good Morning, Hiroshi!" it could only be Misha, as I turn to her, Shizune standing by her side.

"…Good morrRR-ning…," a yawn escapes as I reply to them, making me sound odd. Misha nudges me a few times, which gets me alert.

"We need some help with the Festival. Can you come today?" The cheerful expressions they use, make me feel sort of weak hearted.

"Well…, I can help during lunch, but I have something to do after class…," their sudden glare scares me, wondering what they thought of my answer.

A quick moment of signing passes between them before they take their seats, turning towards me.

"All right, just be on time Hiroshi, Ahaha~!" I bite my lip softly, as I'm unable to think of a time that I was late meeting up.

Before I have a chance to rebut, the bell goes off, signaling the start of classes. I sigh and get ready for the lecture.

\\\\\\\\\\

The rush downstairs at the start of lunch is overwhelming as I try to maneuver as best as I can. I vaguely remember the reason I normally wait before heading to lunch.

Getting to the bottom, I miss the last step and trip forward. I'm barely able to keep my balance, as I hit the wall.

I rub my face as the painful sensation spreads, on top of feeling foolish in front of a large crowd. My walk to the cafeteria with what little pride I have wounded. To avoid more stares, I quickly grab a lunch and head over to the Student Council room to meet up with Shizune and Misha.

There isn't a soul inside, which makes me wonder where Shizune and Misha were. The first things I notice as I check around the room are stacks of paper sitting on the desk Shizune and Misha usually work on.

My curiosity overtakes my patience as I lean over the desk and attempt to read the papers.

Not a moment after I flip a page around to read it, the door slams open. The sound almost makes me jump out of my skin.

"Oh, Hiroshi, we didn't expect you to get here before us!" I do my best to relax my heart, watching them come into the room. Though I can't feel it, I'm sure I have a very guilty look on my face.

"…Yeah… I'm… not late… hehe…," my heart starts to slow down as I drop myself into the closest chair. Both of them soon sit next to me.

"Shicchan says we have to get all these papers in order," I glance back at the stacks of paper, not feeling intimated by it.

"Let's get started," my patience is at the bottom of the list it seemed.

"Slow and steady, Hiroshi. We need to organize them by class," I give a simple nod, starting with the paperwork, they soon start after me.

Some time goes by before Misha speaks up, but I am sure Shizune is the one talking.

"What do you have to do after class Hiroshi?" Only friends would want to know about my daily plans, I figured.

"Huh? Oh well, I have to get some things from town…," I finish my stack and put it to the side, turning my attention directly at them.

"You know it's supposed to rain this evening," that piques my interest.

"Is it really? There wasn't any mention of rain when I checked this morning," I wondered if they were trying to persuade me from my trip.

Shizune and Misha quickly talk to each other, before Shizune looks at me confidently.

"Yes, it really is. If you're going to town, make sure to bring an umbrella," her words put my doubts to rest.

"Thanks for the head up," a small smile appears on my face, as both finish their stacks.

I look at my watch, seeing we only have ten minutes left. My concern is visible, as Misha speaks up.

"Don't worry Hiroshi, you won't get in trouble for being late to class if you're helping with the Student Council," I sigh in relief, as we start to have lunch.

\\\\\\\\\\

The rest of the day seems to have gone by so quickly, I guess not being in class for most of the second half will do that. I grab the umbrella from the side of my desk as well as the list of supplies I needed and head out of the dorm.

Just as Shizune and Misha predicted, it begins to rain. I open the umbrella and head out, getting past the main gate rather swiftly.

The walk down the road seems pretty easy. It was mostly attributed to it being downhill. My steps make soft splashes on the downward flowing water.

The descent eventually ends as I see the town a short distance away. It is my first time here, so it's pretty unfamiliar, but it does have a very homey look about it.

I lift the umbrella back slightly so I can read the signs, looking for a convince store. A block down the road, I find one and head inside. I close the umbrella and shake it off of any excess water, as I then start to browser around, pulling the list out of my pocket.

Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste, and all the other essentials are on the top of the list to get, though I grab a bag of chips as a small snack, turning to past the aisle to the counter. A few people in front of me as I wait, humming a few notes to myself.

A familiar, soothing voice catches my attention behind me. I turn around, and to my surprise, I see Lilly and Hanako. Their hair looks a bit wet.

"Hey there Lilly, Hanako…," Both look surprised by my presence.

"Oh, what a surprise, what are you doing here this evening, Hiroshi?" Lilly is the first to speak, Hanako however doesn't say anything yet.

"Just had to pick up a few things," Their shoulders were already wet, as I glance around them, not seeing an umbrella

"You two are soaking wet," I was curious on why they didn't bring an umbrella.

"I-it started to rain all of a sudden," Hanako is quick to answer, and I figure they didn't know about the coming rain. It must have been an inside secret or something.

"So how long have you been here?" I hadn't noticed them at all while I was shopping, they must have moved in the opposite direction at the same time.

"Close to an hour, we were hoping the rain would die down, but it has only gotten stronger," Lilly's tone makes her sound irritated.

"Hmm, give me a moment," I places my things down, and looks around the store for an umbrella to buy, however it seems they are sold out.

It would be rude to leave them here, helpless. There is only one option that can help at this point. I return to the counter and buy my items, grabbing the bag from the counter, turning to Hanako.

"Here, take this umbrella, and let me carry your bags," Hanako puts the bags down and takes my umbrella, as I lift both bags with my free hand.

"All right, we can head back now," Lilly is quick to object to my plan.

"But Hiroshi, you would get drenched from the walk back…," I feel better about my choice when I see Lilly's concern.

"I'll be fine, it's just a little water after all, hehe…," what are friends for, is what I thought.

Lilly hesitates at first, but concedes, as I let them out first. The sound of the umbrella opening is my signal to follow behind. The rain is a lot more forceful than I was expecting.

I had expected Lilly and Hanako to walk slowly due to the water, but they are moving rather quickly, I suppose it is to cut my time in the rain.

We walk past the edge of town and up towards the school. This is the part I clearly underestimated. It is painfully difficult to move uphill with extra weight in this kind of weather.

My breathing gets heavier as I push on, my muscles rapidly getting sore and my vision very blurry now.

I don't know much longer I'll be able to hold out.

Relief comes as we finally hit the top of the hill, nearing the main gate. Lilly and Hanako stop by the gate and turn to me, I'm barely able making it out. I have a difficult time standing, my legs shaking as they feel like noodles at this point.

"Are you alright, Hiroshi…?" Hanako easily notices my exhaustion. I do my best to fix my posture.

"Y...y...eah…, just a long walk… Hahaha…," I can't imagine that being a very convincing response.

"O-ok…," She doesn't push the point anymore, as they push the gate open, I follow close behind. My pace increases as I bring myself to walk side by side Lilly and Hanako.

"Well…, we made it back…," We reach the intersection between the male and female dorms, as I hand Hanako back the bags, receiving the umbrella at the same time. I walk over to my dorm, proceeding inside.

"Thank you so much Hiroshi," Lilly spoke out before I disappeared from her sight.

"Y-yes, thank you Hiroshi," A happy sigh leaves my lips.

"You're very welcome…," I wave them off and enter the dorm.

\\\\\\\\\\

I return to my room after nice, long shower, changing into my pajamas.

My body feels weak and extremely drowsy, dropping on to my bed, staring at the clock for a moment, noticing it was only 6:30pm. My body feels heated and my muscles limp. Something I get for overworking my body.

My eyes close as I start to drift off to sleep, hoping to feel better in the morning.
Last edited by Zykes on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Sorry about some delay on my end, English assignments can be evil sometimes, hahaha

anyways

I'd say in a short while for the next chapter, yes yes.

mindtrapdragon

Post by mindtrapdragon »

Looking forward to it. :D
Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (A1,S16 Update - 2/15/13)

Post by Zykes »

Scene 16Fading Tone

The deafening sound of the alarm clock pulls me from my sleep. My eyes feel unusually heavy as I attempt to stare at the time. It is about twenty minutes later than I'd normally wake up.

A yawn leaves my lips, which feels longer than it actually is. I pull myself from the edge of the bed and attempt to stand up, however, my body feels like it is about to collapse.

I don't know why my body is acting this way. When I attempt to focus, everything is hazy and unclear.

I gaze at the night stand, and see my medication sitting there. It hits me that I must have forgotten to take it last night. I grab my pills and drop one into my other hand, staring at it for a few seconds before getting a second one, figuring another might make up for the day before.

The medicine is as dry as always, as I stare out the window. Large clouds cover the sky from the previous night's rainfall. I turn away and grab my towel from the dresser and head out of the room to take my shower.

The hallway is very active, many of the male students moving around or talking with each other. Being late reveals more about everyone else's schedule in the morning.

As I step inside the shower area, another student cuts me off. It is irritating to say the least. All I really notice about him, is he has short black hair and very thick glasses.

I shrug the thought and get inside a stall, turning the water on enough where I wouldn't freeze, but it would be cool enough to wake me up.

It feels like it's going to be one of those days…

//////////

I hastily sprint around the cross-road to the main building, barely being able to hold my bag over my shoulder, as I almost slam my body against the door. My breathing is erratic, having a difficult time getting the door open.

As I slide inside, I look at my watch…, fifteen minutes late already.

My steps towards the staircase are unsteady, taking a few seconds to catch my breath. I feel like kicking myself, having gotten so lost in the moment during my shower.

Once I relaxed my breathing, I start to rush up the stairs, hoping that I can come up with some excuse for being this late to class.

By the time I reach the top, I feel like letting myself drop on the floor, my heart beating wildly inside my chest.

A few quick breaths help bring my body back to its normal posture. I walk to the classroom, eager to relax my breathing once I step inside.

The flow of the class is clearly disrupted by my presence, as many of the students watch me enter, though most immediately turn back to their work. Shizune and Misha are clearly keeping their attention on me, and from the corner of my eye, I notice Hanako give a few quick glances, as I approach the teacher's desk.

"…Sorry I'm late...I was…caught up…," it was the only thing I could think of on the spot, and I hoped it was better than dozing off in the shower.

The instructor looks up from the papers sitting in front of him and stares at me. Small drops of sweat drip down my forehead, from exhaustion and anxiety.

He gives a simple gesture to take my seat, and I quickly do so, not wanting to antagonize him.

I can only guess we have a group assignment for this class, as Shizune and Misha turn to me, though they clearly are not interested in the work as they pull their desks up to mine.

"What took you so long to get to class Hiroshi?" there is uneasiness in Misha's voice, which is reasonable, considering it's my first time coming in late like this.

"Just got distracted…," I don't think I'd have the nerve to tell anyone the truth about it.

Shizune gives me the longest stare I can imagine she has ever given, before signing to Misha. I do my best to keep up with their hand movements, hoping in some way I can pick up something from it.

"Are you feeling okay Hiroshi? You don't look well…," the pills must have not kicked in yet, and I wonder if how bad it is.

I can't recall what I looked like earlier, since I don't remember looking into the mirror.

A yawn almost leaves my lips, but I resist it, lifting my arm over my mouth. Both start to look concerned.

"It's nothing…, a little tired is all…," that is all I could feel honestly, but by their expressions, it seems that they don't believe a word of it.

"I'm serious…," I pull out some paper to get to work on the assignment, feeling this is the only way I can prove it was nothing to worry about.

Shizune eventually relents on her position and gets back on point with the assignment. I hope this will be the last of it on this matter.

Misha sighs and joins in as she explains the project. Create a group outline from previous readings that give information on the topic from multiple sources. It is something easier than the last few group projects.

Shizune takes the lead, like always. I have never really had a problem with that, since I've always seen myself more as a supporter.

There is something to admire about Shizune's confidence. I really don't know how to explain it, but it just draws you in.

I start to notice that I'm smiling and quickly hide it, worried that it would make things awkward if she saw me doing that.

//////////

Most of the class period has gone by at this point, but Shizune, Misha and I are finally finished with the outline.

"Shicchan thinks we should check over it one more time," Make sure it's just right, of course that makes sense.

I take a look through it first, having a difficult time getting past the second paragraph. The words are hard to read.

At first I believed it could be the handwriting, but when I look back at my own, it's just as tough to read. On top of that, my body feels abnormally hot.

I pass the paper over to Misha, taking a few deep breaths, which does help a little. A light chuckle escapes my lips, if only to leave the impression that I'm fine.

The weather is getting warmer and maybe that's why I feel this way.
Misha passes the pages over to Shizune, who scans through them like she is a computer. She is so sure of herself.

Shizune places the papers down and signs to Misha, I don't bother to watch them this time.

"Shicchan says everything looks good, I think so too," I give a nod and close my eyes, slumping on my desk. Not a minute later does the bell ring for lunch.

"We'll take this up Hiroshi," Shizune and Misha move from their chairs, the sound of the seats moving are the only indication that they left.

My heart beats quickly, feeling it throughout my body, the sensation feels slightly painful. I start to wonder if taking that second pill was a bad idea.

"H-hiroshi…?" A soft and familiar voice comes from behind me.

I lift myself from the seat, opening my eyes. Hanako is a few feet away, standing timidly.

"Oh… yes Hanako?" my words sound drowned out by the sound of my heart.

"I-I was wondering…, if you'd like to have lunch… with Lilly and I," it sounds nice, another day with them. I place my hand on the back of my neck.

"Sure…," the strength in my legs gives out abruptly. I lean my free hand against the desk to prevent the fall.

"Hiroshi, are you all right?" Hanako's looks very distressed, as my breathing becomes frantic.

Eye contact is the last thing I try to give Hanako, as I attempt to figure things out. However, I don't want her to worry.

"Y...eah…, go on ahead…, I'll catch up," I look up at her and feign a smile. I hope it does the job.

"Okay…, if you're sure…," she is hesitant at first, but eventually walks out of the classroom.

My hand stays firmly placed on the desk, as I have no confidence that I can stand up just yet.

On an almost inconvenient cue, Shizune and Misha come back over.

"Hiroshi, what did Ikezawa want?" That name threw me off. However, considering Hanako was the only one who approached me, I can assume they are referring to her.

A feeling of reluctance sparks as I attempt to speak, not wanting to lie, but I don't want to discuss it. The pause allows Misha to sign back to Shizune.

My body tenses up, trying to figure out a quick answer, as Misha gives me a nudge.

"Well?" Both look curious now.

"Uh…, she just…asked a question…," my body feels hot again. I really need to relax…

Misha moves her lips, but I can't hear anything besides the rapid beating of my heart. Sweat drips more heavily down my face.

I don't feel good, something is wrong.

"Excuse...me...," I can't hear a single part of what I just said, as I rush towards the hallway.

I only make a second step past the front of row of desks before I fall straight to the floor. All sensation in my body is gone. Misha rushes past me, as Shizune kneels down at me. I guess Misha is going to get help. I try to speak, but nothing happens. Shizune's face is full of sadness and concern. It makes me feel miserable, like I want to cry.

Shizune's expression starts to change, but I can't make it out as my vision starts to blur and black out.

…..I'm sorry…. I'm sorry….. Please… don't let this happen…

//////////
/////////

ACT 1 END
Last edited by Zykes on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.