A Future (Complete Version)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Fardels

Re: A Future (Complete Version)

Post by Fardels »

The physical world has raised its ugly head, and I have not been around for awhile. For Brythain, thank you kindly. I read this again recently and still liked it, which hardly ever happens. For azumeow, the analogy of elements was the way I tried to avoid that situation. Carbon in carbon dioxide and carbon in carbon steel are both carbon, but mixed with the other stuff, they don't have a lot to do with each other. I hoped this could work the same way. And thank you for the nice words. For ZeronosVega, griffon8's point is well made, and I will make the change when I have a chance to revise it. That may not be any time soon. When I started this piece, I thought about making it a full cast reunion, and tried hard to do that early on. It didn't work. I was left with making glancing references to Shizune, Kenji, and Misha, and that just looked cheesy. As far as I got, Shizune sailed through university and resettled in Tokyo or Kobe, maybe, angling for upper management and maybe getting it. And thank you to you too.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

I know quite some time has passed, but after replaying KS again i decided to give the fanfic area a try and yours was the first one i read that wasn't a oneshot and i must thank you. You did a marvelous job with the story, characters and their progression, can't wait to see what else you created as i read through the future posts.

While Lilly and Emi were my favorite female characters among all, god it felt painful acknowledging Lilly's death (fictional as she is) and while the read was amazing i just couldn't not "hate" you for "killing" her in the first chapters but it turned out well with good ol' sweet Emi xD But again, thank you for this sweet sweet aftermath story, it was a feel blast indeed.

Thank you Fardels :)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I've read plenty of slice of life stories before but this feels like it's something different. Slice of death. It's not melodramatic, but because the simple way everything is handled, the emotional punch hits that much harder.

The way the epilogues were written in a completely different context to the rest of the works even drives home the simple realities of handle grief and loss even more.

Wonderful work.
Not Dead Yet