Yet Another One-shot Repository (New Entry 12/6/23)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

NuclearStudent

Re: Yet Another One-shot Repository (New Entry 12/18/18)

Post by NuclearStudent »

The "you go girl" spin on Hanako is the first and only time I've found Hanako endearing. I'm amazed.

edit:

I should now note that Hanako Fancopter's take on Hanako in An Unusual Friendship has endearing qualities.
Last edited by NuclearStudent on Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feurox: it is extremely difficult to tell whether you're echoing some very interesting sentiments or if you're just attempting to be trite or funny
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Karaoke Night
25 Years Later...
A Very Student Council Christmas
Sharks and Minnows
Katawa Shoujo: The Musical!
So She Dances
Hokkaido: a Turning Point
Where Are They Now?
Freaks and Friends Super Happy Funtime Christmas Special
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow
Two Halves Make a Hole
The Death and Return of Niji
Meeting Miki
War Diary 31-10-2007
Three Bits of Silliness
Onsen a Lifetime (Separate Thread)
A Christmas Sketch (Separate Thread)
A Convenient Distraction
Dreams By Firelight (You Are Here)
Dear Hisao (Separate Thread)
Samosa Surprise (Separate Thread)

Another year, and here we are with another entry for ESSEKS/SX/S10/Seasonal Solstice Secret Santa Short Story Sharing Session Sesquibiennial Spectacular

He looked at the clock. They'd be arriving soon. Given past events, he hadn't expected her to come home with anyone else this time, much less a new boyfriend. But if there's anything he's come to expect from his daughter, it's that she regularly defies expectations.

Though he wouldn't make a career of it, he was reasonably competent in the kitchen, and has managed to prepare an impressive assortment of dishes suitable for a homecoming dinner, short as the visit might be.

She approached the front door with trepidation. She felt her boyfriend give her hand a reassuring squeeze and looked at him, smiling shyly. It has only been a couple months, to say nothing of the nightmare that came before, but something about this one just felt… right.

Shortly after knocking, her father opens the door wide and ushers the to of them in from the cold. It's unusual for him to answer the door himself, but nothing worth commenting on. She watches silently as the two men where in conversation - they appear to be hitting it off surprisingly well - a terrifying thought in itself. After a moment of consideration, however, she decides that it's preferable to the alternative.

He couldn't believe his good fortune. This girl is full of surprises. At one time, he thought she hated him. Over time, she showed that she was sympathetic to his goals. Now, standing before her father, he has reached a single conclusion: she's a sleeper agent for the anti-feminist forces; the raw masculinity of the man before him makes it clear that he represents the High Council.

It's a cold, dark world outside, but tonight, on this Christmas Eve, it's a little bit warmer, a little bit brighter, and hope for all mankind shines a little bit more.

Jigoro was impressed. Somehow, after that colossal mistake that was her first boyfriend, Shizune had managed to find herself a sensible, motivated individual - and one who understands the value of respect, no less. This boy could probably teach his daughter a thing or two about respect, for that matter.

As her father turned in for the night, Shizune breathed a quiet sigh of relief. She had spent the whole evening with bated breath, ready for the situation to explode at any minute. But it all went well. Better than well, in fact. Even Hideaki seemed interested in this new boyfriend, which is a rare thing indeed.

It took some adjustment to get used to life after Misha. In some ways, it was a return to the days before they had met. She never really understand what it was that drove her friends away from her, but she had read the writing on the wall. It was over, and there was no returning to the way things were. Some things remained, like that silly little cat doll, and the memories, both good and bad. But, here and now, Shizune had a better boyfriend, a warm fire, and a long night to enjoy the both of them.

Victim:
Mirage
Prompt:
"One Yamaku student visits her parents over Christmas bringing home her boyfriend for the first time." Comment: Can be any of the cast or OCs, but using Hisao as the boyfriend is discouraged.

I apologise that it's so short, but it's kind of how the story developed, and it feels as complete as it can be for the nature of the approach.
I wanted to try for a Misha/Hisao-less Shizune POV, without "cheating", and it just kinda morphed from that into this semi-experimental style of hitting on the feelings without much focus on the details.
Hope you liked it.
Last edited by ProfAllister on Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
NuclearStudent

Post by NuclearStudent »

Quite decent. I generally appreciate the experimental, and I think this tactic paid off here.
Feurox: it is extremely difficult to tell whether you're echoing some very interesting sentiments or if you're just attempting to be trite or funny
Mirage_GSM

Re: Yet Another One-shot Repository (New Entry 12/24/19)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

To be honest, when I specified "no Hisao" it didn't even occur to me that someone might choose Kenji instead...

But when it comes to writing a fic pairing Shizune and Kenji I'm probably the last person in any position to complain :lol:

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

I like Shizune/Kenji pairings. The nature of the interactions between Jigoro and Kenji, and Hideaki and Kenji, are largely hint-only here, but it's a good vignette. And the tying it all up with a canon shot, that's good too!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Kathos

Post by Kathos »

brythain wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:12 pm I like Shizune/Kenji pairings. The nature of the interactions between Jigoro and Kenji, and Hideaki and Kenji, are largely hint-only here, but it's a good vignette. And the tying it all up with a canon shot, that's good too!
I have now idea what you are talking about!
Katawa Shoujo will never fade away. no matter when, there will still be someone introduced to KS or feel the way this game has changed their life. :D
calcifer

Post by calcifer »

ProfAllister wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:57 pmJigoro was impressed.
The Kenji reveal put a smile on my face but this made an audible chuckle, well done! :)
Shizune = Rin > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
FluffandCrunch wrote: Every day is a gift, every hour is golden, every minute is a diamond. Life is wonderful, if you have the courage to live it.
->Shota

Re: Yet Another One-shot Repository (New Entry 6/28/18)

Post by ->Shota »

calcifer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:14 pm So bittersweet, nicely done.
ProfAllister wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:59 pmBefore I had a chance to respond, she was already jogging to get to her class.
So she is an HLHS patient who not only survived to her teenage years without external symptoms (like cyanosis) or intellectual disabilities, but has a life expectancy of 40 whole years and can jog to class? Well, she must be incredibly lucky and unique :)
Someone here with Left Atrial Isomerism, (HLHS, Pulmonary Stenosis, and Asplenia) I'd say I only get blue or purple in my hands temporarily if I'm in temps below 60*F (15*C) or jogging ironically (very short distances now mind you, 300m tops. in High School, I could probably jog a good mile or so) But I'm only in my late 20's so it may get worse. My only external symptoms I'd say is my height as an adult male, 5'2"~ish (159cm) and not exactly related but my blood thinner (warfarin) made my shins keep bruises for months at a time, and I'm kinda clumsy. I have a writing disability if that helps explain anything. Life expectancy? Not sure, although at my age I still haven't got my heart transplant yet so I'm still going!