Former Sisterhood thread

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Goldom

Re: Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) (Completed)

Post by Goldom »

Oh, don't worry, I do plan to eventually. I definitely want to see what else the game has to offer. I just meant I'm liable to be a little miffed at Hisao at first for "getting it wrong" that time around, as it were, since the two of them as a couple was so cemented in my mind by this epilogue. But I'm sure by the time I finish another path I'll be looking for more along that road. I was honestly kind of surprised that the game paths split so definitively so early on, but I'm glad I'll be able to read some completely different stories, rather than the traditional VN deal of having 90% the same dialog with just a different ending. So I'm sure after actually getting to know some of the others as more than background characters I'll have no trouble rooting for them for a while.

And I did already see Hanako's other endings; I certainly recognized where you drew from that.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Good to know. But yes, Lilly's route is a good second to try.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
CendosMansabe

Post by CendosMansabe »

Like so many others, i have created an account for the sole purpose of telling how much i enjoyed this. Albeit i'm a bit later than others seeing as i've just jumped on the KS bandwagon recently. I have actually played all the lines so far and Hanako's has provided me more than a few hours of thought considering its sudden end with no real resolution, which was especially disconcerting since she was my favorite character with Lilly being the easy second for me. But with this i feel i have a bit more closure and more comfortable...no happy with the ending you provided, and i'm MORE than happy to accept this as canon (in other words i have already cemented it in as canon lol) You dear writer have cemented in my mind Hanako as the Waifu lol. It was engrossing, enveloping to the point i didn't realize the few hours i had fretted away reading it, and to be honest, i wont ever regret missing that sleep. As i read, in my mind you had painted a perfect picture to the point it was almost playing out as the VN did in my mind, music included at times. You have put my mind at ease instead of wondering what happens next or why it happens. I sincerely thank you, from the depths of this deep Scottish heart, for filling in the gap that her ending had left at the end of her route. :D :D :D :D :D

-Cendos
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Wow this was amazing. It really does feel like an extension for Hanako's route. It was also nice to see the development Lilly got.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Very good read, this is one of best fanfictions on this forum. I read it from beginning to end... again.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Thanks for the wonderful comments. I'm very glad you guys enjoyed reading it and that it supplemented Hanako's canon storyline from the VN in your mind. :)
It was also nice to see the development Lilly got.
Thanks. Hanako's relationship with Lilly was one of the more significant open ends in Hanako's route. At the end of the route, Hanako has finally completely opened up to Hisao and, for the first time since her accident, decided to trust another person on a deeper level. But the route itself makes it glaringly obvious that Hanako has a somewhat similar trust issue with Lilly and KS doesn't resolve that one, so it kinda made sense for an epilogue story to tackle that one next since Lilly's still a very important person in Hanako's life. After posting it, I was somewhat surprised (but admittedly also a bit relieved ;) ) to see none of the other Hanako epilogues that I've read around here adressed that particular issue so far. I also had a lot of fun dragging poor Lilly out of the Mary Sue/White Knight-zone.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Garbax

Post by Garbax »

I loved this, I'm not going to mince words. This was beautifully written, all the way. It's 1:30 AM and I just had to end this fic even though I have to get to work tomorrow/today.

I loved the characterization, the way you handled the chapters from each perspective, specially Lilly, though the way you probed into Hanako's mind was great. I laughed, I got mad, I got feels. Really glad to have read this, a truly fitting epilogue for Hanako.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Thanks. Hanako and Lilly are probably my favourite pairing so I'm glad you liked my interpretation of their relationship.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I didn't realize this fanfic was given recommendations on TV-tropes' Katawa Shoujo fanfic page until I looked through that page this morning. My heartfelt thanks to the people who filed the recommendations. I'm very honored. :)
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Yeah, TVTopes is where I found the reccomendation for this fic. Glad I did.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The recommendation goes a long way in explaining why there were several comments posted in this thread by people who didn't have an account before. (which puzzled me initially) Anyway, I'm thankful for the additional publicity the reference got this thread. Since I saw on that page that several other fanfics were given a separate trope page and since I had some time on my hands yesterday, I wrote one up for this story as well.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Here's a link to the TVTropes page.

Heh, I did love the "My eyes are down here" bit.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Negativedarke wrote:Here's a link to the TVTropes page.

Heh, I did love the "My eyes are down here" bit.
Fixed that for you… :wink:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Shit, I'm not sure if this is a confession or a realization or a cry for help or what, but I kind of want to get it off my chest and I don't know where else to do so.

I stand by what I said earlier about 20 chapters being a hell of a long read, but I don't believe that's all anymore. I think that part of me just doesn't want to read this fic because that part of me is scared that I'll end up realizing that I will never be able to make something as good as this, and that after after coming to that realization, my motivation to write KS fanfiction ever again will die.

"Oh, hey, Brogurt did something. Too bad it's already been done better and long ago."

I mean, I want to finish Familiar sooner or later. And I have more ideas lined up to be written as well. But even if I were to, say, shove that out just so I could potentially read this, I think that would be self-destructive.

You people are writers. You people are consumers. In relation to not just this fic, but all Hanako fanfiction -including my own-, is someone both capable and willing to give some words of advice or encouragement? I hate this feeling of inferiority. I hate how it's always threatening to bust into my conscience at any time, no matter how many walls I put up to try and keep it out.

Hell, even if nobody cares enough to respond, at least I managed to organize my feelings a little bit, and maybe we both know something about me and how I see fanfiction -mine and others- that we didn't know earlier.

Sorry if I'm killing anyone's mood with all this moping. Maybe I'll try to make it up with another story sooner or later.
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

EDIT: Oh yeah, I wanted to say that this story is really awesomesauce. Seriously, good work. Is it available on FanFiction.Net? I wanna favorite it. (Eh, it has some adult scenes, so probably not if you're actually obeying the TOS...)

Would kind of prefer thoughts/inner monologues to be in italics rather than parenthesis, though. That's the common method, so why not use it?
Brogurt wrote:Shit, I'm not sure if this is a confession or a realization or a cry for help or what, but I kind of want to get it off my chest and I don't know where else to do so.

I stand by what I said earlier about 20 chapters being a hell of a long read, but I don't believe that's all anymore. I think that part of me just doesn't want to read this fic because that part of me is scared that I'll end up realizing that I will never be able to make something as good as this, and that after after coming to that realization, my motivation to write KS fanfiction ever again will die.

"Oh, hey, Brogurt did something. Too bad it's already been done better and long ago."

I mean, I want to finish Familiar sooner or later. And I have more ideas lined up to be written as well. But even if I were to, say, shove that out just so I could potentially read this, I think that would be self-destructive.

You people are writers. You people are consumers. In relation to not just this fic, but all Hanako fanfiction -including my own-, is someone both capable and willing to give some words of advice or encouragement? I hate this feeling of inferiority. I hate how it's always threatening to bust into my conscience at any time, no matter how many walls I put up to try and keep it out.

Hell, even if nobody cares enough to respond, at least I managed to organize my feelings a little bit, and maybe we both know something about me and how I see fanfiction -mine and others- that we didn't know earlier.

Sorry if I'm killing anyone's mood with all this moping. Maybe I'll try to make it up with another story sooner or later.
I can kind of see where you're coming from here, although in my case I try to channel that into a drive to write even better fanfiction. It doesn't always work, but then I remember that there's a lot more horrible fanfiction out there than good fanfiction and that my work definitely falls into the good category at the very least.

I also remind myself that Stephanie Meyer is filthy stinkin' rich and that I'm at least better at what I do than she is at what she does. That certainly helps in a different way.

Of course the main person I'm writing for is myself rather than others (there's that fabulous introversion at work in my psyche as usual, focused inwards toward the self rather than out at other people), so I'm a little less concerned with my audience's reactions than other writers might be.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]