Former Sisterhood thread

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Guest Poster

Re: Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) (Completed)

Post by Guest Poster »

Speaking of reactions to Hanako's scars, there's always the question of what will happen when she meets Hisao's parents. I plan to address that in a fan fic at some point. It's definitly got some intreguing possibilities. Though I would hope the following wouldn't happen...
She already does just that at the end of the penultimate chapter, though the action cuts away before we can get their reactions.

That said, I didn't get the impression Hisao's parents were particularly narrow-minded on the whole disability deal. If anything, they were a lot more open-minded about Yamaku than Hisao himself was initially.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote:
Speaking of reactions to Hanako's scars, there's always the question of what will happen when she meets Hisao's parents. I plan to address that in a fan fic at some point. It's definitly got some intreguing possibilities. Though I would hope the following wouldn't happen...
She already does just that at the end of the penultimate chapter, though the action cuts away before we can get their reactions.

That said, I didn't get the impression Hisao's parents were particularly narrow-minded on the whole disability deal. If anything, they were a lot more open-minded about Yamaku than Hisao himself was initially.
'

Well, they sent him to a school for the disabled. Its' hardly surprising that if he found a girlfriend there she'd be less than perfect.

Not to mention I'm sure Hisao would call ahead and warn them of her fragility.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Unless they dropped by without announcing it beforehand.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

For all my talk of Hanako finally being liberated, and showing her sexual side, it seems I'm nearly as nervous as she is now that I've come to the hotel room scene. The sex scenes still kinda bother me for some reason. Maybe its because she feels more like a real person in this story and less of a trope character. Guess I'm a bit more old fashioned than I thought. :oops:

Edit: Awww, that wasn't so bad. Really, really sweet. Now I'm just jealous of Hisao. :)

Guest Poster wrote:Unless they dropped by without announcing it beforehand.
I think Hisao would have more sense than that. But ah, sorry, I'm gonna spoil your fic idea if I keep this up.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Guest Poster wrote:

Well I meant in a general sense, not reffering specifically to Sisterhood. Although we also don't get to see this meeting ourselves. Maybe the start of the sequel?
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Oh yes, a sequel would be great!

Just finished the story. Wow, I just have no words.

Thank you sir, I cried like a boss. :)
Last edited by pandaphil on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Phil, I think Hanako wants to hand you a hanky.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Great to hear you enjoyed it. But what's a bowse?
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Guest Poster wrote:Great to hear you enjoyed it. But what's a bowse?
It's like a baus, but spelled phonetically.

Cuz "au" is pronounced "ow", like in gause (gowse.) I think it's a German linguistic thing, but not sure.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

The only downside of finishing Ks, or fics like this. The sense of loss when you finish them. Its like being cut off from someone you love.
Guest Poster wrote:Great to hear you enjoyed it. But what's a bowse?
Well, it should be "Boss". Thats what I get for taking spelling tips from Youtube I suppose. :)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Good lord. I came to this story with a lot of hype in my ear about how amazing it was, and that's usually the setup for a letdown. NOPE. Total masterwork. I cried at this about as much as I did for the actual canon Lilly Good route — and that's given that I cried for that about things that also happened here, but which I didn't cry for here. (Did that make sense??)

Miss Yumi is such a fully-formed character, I have a voice in my head for her already.

The ballroom dancing scene between Lilly and Hanako is maybe the cutest thing I've ever read. I could not stop grinning like an idiot!

The canon scene where Lilly feels Nisao's face gives me a HHNNGGG, but this Lilly-on-Hanako version just made me sob with rapture. (And I will admit my dirty-mind radar went off many times at the many small hints regarding...further interactions between them that some of us would not mind indulging in. :twisted: You glorious bastard.)

In short: you, sir, deserve some sort of Katawa Shoujo award.

On a side note: somebody around here is an arcade rat from years back, just like me. :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome to the Sisterhood Fan Club sir.

I'll ask Hanako if she has a spare Hanky. :)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Atario wrote:Good lord. I came to this story with a lot of hype in my ear about how amazing it was, and that's usually the setup for a letdown. NOPE. Total masterwork. I cried at this about as much as I did for the actual canon Lilly Good route — and that's given that I cried for that about things that also happened here, but which I didn't cry for here. (Did that make sense??)

Miss Yumi is such a fully-formed character, I have a voice in my head for her already.

The ballroom dancing scene between Lilly and Hanako is maybe the cutest thing I've ever read. I could not stop grinning like an idiot!

The canon scene where Lilly feels Nisao's face gives me a HHNNGGG, but this Lilly-on-Hanako version just made me sob with rapture. (And I will admit my dirty-mind radar went off many times at the many small hints regarding...further interactions between them that some of us would not mind indulging in. :twisted: You glorious bastard.)

In short: you, sir, deserve some sort of Katawa Shoujo award.

On a side note: somebody around here is an arcade rat from years back, just like me. :lol:
Heh, I live in a village that never had an arcade hall, but during my childhood whenever we went on vacation I'd hang out in the places with arcade machines (usually just watching other people play or watching the attract mode) instead of building sand castles on the beach. So yeah, I do have a fondness of them. :)

Thanks for the kind words and good to hear you enjoyed it despite the "hype". I didn't know this until recently, but apparantly the title occasionally gets dropped in other places where KS is discussed...which is always nice.

The dancing scene was inspired by a scene from an old H-game called "Season of the Sakura" which featured a school dance involving the protagonist and the girl he had the largest amount of affection points for. I always thought those scenes were sweet so I wrote a variation on it involving Hanako and Lilly, which served to indicate the growing bond between them with just a little touch of unspoken romance. Which brings me to the next point...

Since you brought the subject of Les Yay up, I figured I'd give my opinion on it. I don't think a story centered around Hanako and Lilly would be complete without a few hints of Les Yay between the two...because that's also how part of their friendship is portrayed in the game. They both on separate occasions admit to Hisao that they love the other (and unlike Misha and Shizune they seem to be on the same wavelength concerning what their ideal bond would be like), there's a tender embrace between them in both their routes and the sleep cute on the train in Lilly's route is merely frosting on the cake.

I can see post-Sisterhood Lilly and Hanako doing a lot of things together. I can see them hanging out and going on "girl-dates" together like they've been doing during the fic, I can see them kiss the other on the cheek on occasion or cuddle on the couch when they both feel like it and I can even see them visiting a hot spring as long as there's nobody else around to stare at Hanako's scarring. What I don't see them ever doing together is making out or making love. There's plenty of fanfiction out there where the two eventually (or even quickly) cross the yuri-line, but that wouldn't ever happen in anything I'd ever write.

I personally think Hanako's and Lilly's relationship works best when there's a noticable hint of Les Yay between them yet neither of them ever feels like or thinks of acting on it or taking it further. If they actually became lovers, their relationship might end eventually when they'd decide to settle down and start a family. Going from lovers back to best friends tends to be extremely tough. But if both could maintain the friendship they have and keep that slight touch of "more than friends"-vibe between them alive, I can easily see them stay best friends for life...which in my opinion more than compensates for not having the brief-but-short-term thrill involving steamy yuri-action between them. Actual sex between them would, IMHO, cheapen what they share right now.

Put briefly; the main reason this fic isn't called "Sisterhood that eventually turns into full-scale yuri or threesome love (Hanako Epilogue)" isn't the fact the title'd be too long. :wink:
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote: Heh, I live in a village that never had an arcade hall, but during my childhood whenever we went on vacation I'd hang out in the places with arcade machines (usually just watching other people play or watching the attract mode) instead of building sand castles on the beach. So yeah, I do have a fondness of them. :)

Thanks for the kind words and good to hear you enjoyed it despite the "hype". I didn't know this until recently, but apparantly the title occasionally gets dropped in other places where KS is discussed...which is always nice.

The dancing scene was inspired by a scene from an old H-game called "Season of the Sakura" which featured a school dance involving the protagonist and the girl he had the largest amount of affection points for. I always thought those scenes were sweet so I wrote a variation on it involving Hanako and Lilly, which served to indicate the growing bond between them with just a little touch of unspoken romance. Which brings me to the next point...

Since you brought the subject of Les Yay up, I figured I'd give my opinion on it. I don't think a story centered around Hanako and Lilly would be complete without a few hints of Les Yay between the two...because that's also how part of their friendship is portrayed in the game. They both on separate occasions admit to Hisao that they love the other (and unlike Misha and Shizune they seem to be on the same wavelength concerning what their ideal bond would be like), there's a tender embrace between them in both their routes and the sleep cute on the train in Lilly's route is merely frosting on the cake.

I can see post-Sisterhood Lilly and Hanako doing a lot of things together. I can see them hanging out and going on "girl-dates" together like they've been doing during the fic, I can see them kiss the other on the cheek on occasion or cuddle on the couch when they both feel like it and I can even see them visiting a hot spring as long as there's nobody else around to stare at Hanako's scarring. What I don't see them ever doing together is making out or making love. There's plenty of fanfiction out there where the two eventually (or even quickly) cross the yuri-line, but that wouldn't ever happen in anything I'd ever write.

I personally think Hanako's and Lilly's relationship works best when there's a noticable hint of Les Yay between them yet neither of them ever feels like or thinks of acting on it or taking it further. If they actually became lovers, their relationship might end eventually when they'd decide to settle down and start a family. Going from lovers back to best friends tends to be extremely tough. But if both could maintain the friendship they have and keep that slight touch of "more than friends"-vibe between them alive, I can easily see them stay best friends for life...which in my opinion more than compensates for not having the brief-but-short-term thrill involving steamy yuri-action between them. Actual sex between them would, IMHO, cheapen what they share right now.

Put briefly; the main reason this fic isn't called "Sisterhood that eventually turns into full-scale yuri or threesome love (Hanako Epilogue)" isn't the fact the title'd be too long. :wink:
Couldn't agree more. You might just as well cal them family, because that's what they are to each other. Lilly is the only family Hanako has, and vice versa. Her real family is so distant (Akira is more like a best friend who drops by to say Hi sometimes) that Lilly might as well be an orphan too. Its only the dirty minded who sees anything sexual in their relationship. Its an emotional bond that is very rare in real life.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Couldn't agree more. You might just as well cal them family, because that's what they are to each other. Lilly is the only family Hanako has, and vice versa. Her real family is so distant (Akira is more like a best friend who drops by to say Hi sometimes) that Lilly might as well be an orphan too. Its only the dirty minded who sees anything sexual in their relationship. Its an emotional bond that is very rare in real life.
That's probably a bit harsh. The dance and the physical contact between them at the end of the story definitely had a vaguely romantic undertone...and romance in turn by default carries a subtle sexual load...just not enough for either of them to take it any further than where they already are.

About Akira: I don't think Lilly sees Akira as merely a best friend who sometimes drops by. It's made clear in the story that Lilly and Akira are extremely close and little remains secret between them. (a big thing considering Lilly keeps most people at a polite distance and discloses very little about herself to others) Lilly and Akira have known each other all their life and Akira is probably the person who knows Lilly better than anyone else in the world. Their relationship is probably more complex than a typical sibling bond though since Akira has also been somewhat of a mother figure to Lilly for several years until they became less mother-and-child and more best friends. Interestingly, the developing bond between Lilly and Hanako is probably very much like the relationship between Lilly and Akira...just one phase behind.