Former Sisterhood thread

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Shail

Re: Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) (Completed)

Post by Shail »

In terms of length and quality, there's painfully few fanfics that can compare to sisterhood, the Suzy and Akira pseudo routes for example. Something to note, Sisterhood -> Road to Tokyo is a good followup for the Hanako route. I've yet to find a really good fanfic for any of the other girls, always too short :(

Edit: Changed fabric to fanfic.
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Man I'm gone for a few days and this drops down to the second page? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Okay well lets think... What can we discuss? There's always Hisao and Hanako's sex lives. Or maybe we can speculate about the sequel? Hey trip to Scotland. Lilly mentioned a beach... No I don't think Hanako would be someone you could get into a swimsuit. Come to think of it, Hisao would probably want to wear a shirt. And I have a hard time picturing Akira in one.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
JokerJake

Post by JokerJake »

10/10 I felt a lot of feels after reading this.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Negativedarke wrote:Man I'm gone for a few days and this drops down to the second page? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Okay well lets think... What can we discuss? There's always Hisao and Hanako's sex lives. Or maybe we can speculate about the sequel? Hey trip to Scotland. Lilly mentioned a beach... No I don't think Hanako would be someone you could get into a swimsuit. Come to think of it, Hisao would probably want to wear a shirt. And I have a hard time picturing Akira in one.
I think given time Hanako would be okay with wearing a swimsuit. But only if it's a private beach (which it sounds like it is in the VN), and if she'd been with Hisao long enough to feel okay showing her body around him. Lilly of course wouldn't be an issue. And I get the feeling she already trusts Akira.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Hanako'd be miserable in a swimsuit, so it's unlikely she'd go traipsing around in one. She'd be uncomfortable, run an increased risk of getting a sunburn and there's plenty of other things to do there.

I don't recall hearing that Lilly's parents owned a private beach in the VN...just that their home was very close to one. (a beach, not a private beach) Also, I'm not even sure if there are any private beaches around the bay near Inverness, but I believe private beaches in the UK are a bit of a contested subject in general. I believe that in practice, "private beach" often comes down to "beach that is privately owned" rather than "beach that's restricted to everyone but the owner". So it's not like a private beach would guarantee privacy.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'll have to bow to your knowledge of UK beaches, but I think given the proper conditions, say very few people around (she seemed to handle going out in public okay. It was just the closed environment of the classroom that seemed to upset her), a large beach umbrella, a fairly modest suit, (say a teeshirt and shorts, or a school style suit) and Lilly and the others obviously enjoying themselves, that she could be convinced to join in eventually. Though yes, it probably would be uncomfortable for her at first, but as long as nobody stared, or even noticed her, I think she'd adjust.

And yes, her friends would have to make sure she uses plenty of sunscreen.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Hanako is always going to have issues with her apperence. So sadly I don't see her enjoying a day at the beach in a swimsuit. Just getting her in shorts would be an acheivement. She's getting better about being around people, but Hanako isn't going to want to show her body off. As the end of Sisterhood showed, she still had trouble trusing Lily with her apperence.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I wonder how common private pools are in Scotland?

I still think that if the setting were private enough, say at Lilly's parents house, or Akira inviting them over to a company owned mansion with only Hisao and Lilly around, that she could be persuaded. If she can feel comfortable enough to sleep with Hisao, then surely letting him see her in shorts and a t-shirt wouldn't be that big a leap.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Probably as common as they are in the rest of the developed world, except I figure that people aren't that likely to get themselves a pool when there's a large bay only a short distance away from their home. In fact, Google Earth seems to agree with me. :)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Indoor or heated pool maybe? I hear winters in Scotland can get a bit nippy. :)
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Wow, you really want Hanako in a swimsuit don't you?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Negativedarke wrote:Wow, you really want Hanako in a swimsuit don't you?
And this is bad?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Personally, I don't think the Satous have a private swimming pool, since Lilly mentioned that Akira took her swimming at the beach. They'd probably be using the pool if there was one, since it's safer for a blind person to use.
And this is bad?
Nope, just not something Hanako'd be very likely to do. There's plenty of stuff to do in a city like Inverness that doesn't involve getting half-naked and it's not like Lilly and Hisao are overly fond of swimming.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I could try to justify my thoughts further, but what's the point? I'm just going to sound like an obsessed uber-nerd, so I'll just shut up.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Well, ThatGuy's epilogue does feature a part about Hanako in a swimsuit, but a beach/pool episode isn't among the ideas I have in the back of my head and there'd be no logical place for me to insert one.