Former Sisterhood thread

WORDS WORDS WORDS

YZQ

Re: Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) (Completed)

Post by YZQ »

I must say (again) that I do not feel that Hanako's Bad End was THE end. It's a chance to reset the relationship for all involved. Lily, Hisao and Hanako have to lay their cards on the table and be truthful, to themselves and to the other two. I had a big row with my bud when we were young. We sucked it up, and we're still pals to this day.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:I must say (again) that I do not feel that Hanako's Bad End was THE end. It's a chance to reset the relationship for all involved. Lily, Hisao and Hanako have to lay their cards on the table and be truthful, to themselves and to the other two. I had a big row with my bud when we were young. We sucked it up, and we're still pals to this day.
That makes a lot of sense. It would be hard to just toss away your best friends like that.

Hmmm, are there any good make-up fics out there?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I think there is one, but I forgot the title. Shortly after the Bad End, Hisao had a heart attack, and Hanako carried him to the nurse by herself. It wasn't completed, if my memory serves me well.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Yeah, I figured. I only commented on it because if this were a stand-alone story, like a real part of the route in the VN, that would have bothered me quite a bit, even if I'd already done Lilly's route.
I get where you're coming from. Since Hanako's route didn't involve the train ride to the summer house, it might have made sense to add it anyway since Lilly's and Hanako's individual routes don't say stuff like "You've seen this stuff in the other route". Of course, most of those shared events had subtle differences between them.
In some ways, choosing Hanako's Bad End in canon for that outburst on Lily is somewhat better. At least, Lily couldn't see that nightmare face when Hanako exploded.
This is just me, but I know that when I have to be in one room with a friend who suddenly savagely lashes out at me, I'd rather have it be a lit room, rather than a completely dark one.
For me the thing that makes Hanako's bad ending even worse is the face she makes after her outburst. That face filled with Regret. She immediatly regrets what she said, but it's already too late. She and Hisao can't face each other after that.
The same thing apparantly happened between Hanako and Lilly. Had Lilly seen that, she probably wouldn't have fled or if she did, she'd come back later to apologize. But she didn't, Hanako couldn't find the words...all she could do was watch Lilly run out of her room. (and as far as she was concerned; out of her life) It was that one little thing that twisted the knife even more.
I also have to think that Akira is the one who gave Lilly "The Talk." Or for hilarity Hanako.
I severely doubt the latter. Akira and Hanako seem more like "casual friends" who are kept together by a mutual loved one. Hanako doesn't have many intimate conversations with Lilly. I doubt she'd have them with Akira.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Guest Poster wrote:

The same thing apparantly happened between Hanako and Lilly. Had Lilly seen that, she probably wouldn't have fled or if she did, she'd come back later to apologize. But she didn't, Hanako couldn't find the words...all she could do was watch Lilly run out of her room. (and as far as she was concerned; out of her life) It was that one little thing that twisted the knife even more.
Two friends (or lovers) who both want to apologize and make up, but both are too afraid to take that first step and its never resolved. Thats way up on my list of the saddest stories of all.

I severely doubt the latter. Akira and Hanako seem more like "casual friends" who are kept together by a mutual loved one. Hanako doesn't have many intimate conversations with Lilly. I doubt she'd have them with Akira.
I guess you have a point there. Oh well. Its obvious shes not very knowledgeable about such things since there was no mention of 'protection' during her first time with Hisao.

Actually though it would be rather cute and funny if later in Hanako's story, Lilly were the one who did the "You are using protection?" scene with Hisao and Hanako.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
baggypantsman

Post by baggypantsman »

YZQ wrote:I think there is one, but I forgot the title. Shortly after the Bad End, Hisao had a heart attack, and Hanako carried him to the nurse by herself. It wasn't completed, if my memory serves me well.
This one?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7799679/1/
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

pandaphil wrote:I guess you have a point there. Oh well. Its obvious shes not very knowledgeable about such things since there was no mention of 'protection' during her first time with Hisao.

Actually though it would be rather cute and funny if later in Hanako's story, Lilly were the one who did the "You are using protection?" scene with Hisao and Hanako.
Hanako's scene in the VN was the only sex scene in which protection was explicitly mentioned before the sex—Hisao used a condom. Lilly mentions being on the pill later, the first time with Emi was unprotected, and it doesn't come up in Rin's or Shizune's.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

griffon8 wrote: Hanako's scene in the VN was the only sex scene in which protection was explicitly mentioned before the sex—Hisao used a condom. Lilly mentions being on the pill later, the first time with Emi was unprotected, and it doesn't come up in Rin's or Shizune's.
Ack, there I go, putting my foot in my mouth again. Sorry. Guess that shows how many times I've re-read Hanako's scene.

I'd still love to see Lilly being the responsible friend and asking about it after she gets home and finds out they're a couple.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Guest Poster wrote:
This is just me, but I know that when I have to be in one room with a friend who suddenly savagely lashes out at me, I'd rather have it be a lit room, rather than a completely dark one.
I was actually once on the delivering end of something like that. I ended up beating four of my friends up (not badly) in a matter of minutes. I told them I was afraid of the dark. They just had to play that prank. One of them learned that hiding behind a door is a bad idea.
Guest Poster wrote:
I also have to think that Akira is the one who gave Lilly "The Talk." Or for hilarity Hanako.
Well I did say for Hilarity. Although I personally think that Akira isn't that casual. She's a distant third compared to Lilly and Hisao, but way ahead of anyone else. Akira wouldn't have any realationship with Hanako if it weren't for Lilly, but since there is one... Actually if anyone ever gives Hanako the talk it'd probably be Lilly.
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Negativedarke wrote:
Well I did say for Hilarity. Although I personally think that Akira isn't that casual. She's a distant third compared to Lilly and Hisao, but way ahead of anyone else. Akira wouldn't have any realationship with Hanako if it weren't for Lilly, but since there is one... Actually if anyone ever gives Hanako the talk it'd probably be Lilly.
The fun part would be seeing Lilly trying to discuss it without causing Hanako to die from embarrassment.

And seeing Hanako smile and blush when she talks about how much she loves Hisao would be the cutest thing ever.
Xaverius

Post by Xaverius »

I arrive very late, but here you have yet another person that thinks this is one of the best, if not the best KS fanfics on the net. I'm eager to see you write something else, no matter what it is.
Negativedarke

Post by Negativedarke »

Okay, here's something I've been wondering. What's going to happen with Hanako's therapy after she graduates from Yamaku? Ms. Yumi is attached to the school, and Hanako isn't her only patient. So if Hanako moves a signifigant distance from Yamaku after graduation then what?
"Misha, I don't think Chocoholism is a real disability."
"But the School's Entrance Board does Hi-Chan. Wahaha~"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Negativedarke wrote:Okay, here's something I've been wondering. What's going to happen with Hanako's therapy after she graduates from Yamaku? Ms. Yumi is attached to the school, and Hanako isn't her only patient. So if Hanako moves a signifigant distance from Yamaku after graduation then what?
I'm assuming she gets disability assistance from the govt. I guess it depends on what the national mental health care system is like in Japan.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Xaverius wrote:I arrive very late, but here you have yet another person that thinks this is one of the best, if not the best KS fanfics on the net. I'm eager to see you write something else, no matter what it is.
Thanks.
Okay, here's something I've been wondering. What's going to happen with Hanako's therapy after she graduates from Yamaku? Ms. Yumi is attached to the school, and Hanako isn't her only patient. So if Hanako moves a signifigant distance from Yamaku after graduation then what?
There are probably therapist practices in whatever city she'll attend university...it just won't be on campus anymore. That said, I wager most universities have at least a few counselors to provide non-specialized support on-site.
I guess it depends on what the national mental health care system is like in Japan.
The healthcare coverage itself isn't that bad, but mental healthcare itself is overally apparantly pretty messed up over there...mental conditions carry an extremely strong stigma in conformist Japan and lots of the heavier cases are simply kept locked-up and heavily medicated. Seeing that she isn't dangerous, I can see why they never sent Hanako there.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Guest Poster wrote:There are probably therapist practices in whatever city she'll attend university...it just won't be on campus anymore. That said, I wager most universities have at least a few counselors to provide non-specialized support on-site.
I can't speak for all universities, but I can confirm that it is, at the very least, offered at my university. I would also wager that that rings true for the vast majority.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!