Starbursts (Mutou and Miyagi) (UPDATED)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Leaty

Re: Starbursts (Mutou and Miyagi) (UPDATED)

Post by Leaty »

Kyler Thatch wrote:
Leaty wrote:Also, since we now know that there are two students named Aoi at Yamaku, the One Steve Limit is subverted.
Who's the other Aoi?
Aoi from the end of Shizune's route. One of the people who joins the student council at the end of the school year, along with Keiko and some nameless vanilla midgets. She also has a somewhat heightened importance in my story as well as, I believe, For Want of a Nail.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Leaty wrote: Also, since we now know that there are two students named Aoi at Yamaku, the One Steve Limit is subverted.
There are? I know the one near the end of Shizune's route. Who's the other one?
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Leaty wrote:
Kyler Thatch wrote:This thing seems to suggest that Miyagi is an English teacher. So maybe there is more than one.
...And shit. You're right. ImageThis strongly suggests that Miyagi doesn't teach Hisao's class, which would mean there would be no good reason for Iwanako to know her in MTB, either. In all likelihood Suriko just fucked up, but we have no choice, the keys have been turned, canon is canon.
Okay...so what else besides the VN itself is canon that I don't know about?
Also, since we now know that there are two students named Aoi at Yamaku, the One Steve Limit is subverted.
Heh.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:There are? I know the one near the end of Shizune's route. Who's the other one?
The blind girl in the Astronomy club in the Suriko fanfic. It was literally just posted. Image

I have a niggling suspicion that I am the only one who remembers the names of ultra-minor background characters like Shin, Takumi, and Mai.
dewelar wrote:Okay...so what else besides the VN itself is canon that I don't know about?
This image, the information about Saki and Rika, a lot of the beta content that was cut from the final release, many of the blog posts, most of the images in the art books, maybe this flash if you want to be generous. (Broad strokes.) I know there's probably a ton of stuff I'm forgetting.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

dewelar wrote:Yes, Miyagi is female (per "Promise of Time"), but that means she can't be the English teacher, because (per "Little Wing") the English teacher is male...
Wait... what? That's... random. In all my recollections and review, I never noticed Hisao having class with any teacher other than Mutou, much less a male English teacher. Too late now, I guess... Miss Miyagi is already Aiko's nemesis--her second period(block might be more accurate) English teacher.

I'm just gonna go take a fuckitall and lay down for a while...
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Helbereth wrote:I'm just gonna go take a fuckitall and lay down for a while...
Solution (for your fic only): The male English teacher in Little Wing was because Miyagi took a sick day, so the second-year English teacher stepped in.

You're welcome. Image
Last edited by Leaty on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Leaty wrote:I have a niggling suspicion that I am the only one who remembers the names of ultra-minor background characters like Shin, Takumi, and Mai.
Eh, considering they appeared in Weekend at Hisao's, probably not.
dewelar wrote:Okay...so what else besides the VN itself is canon that I don't know about?
This image, the information about Saki and Rika, a lot of the beta content that was cut from the final release, many of the blog posts, most of the images in the art books, maybe this flash if you want to be generous. (Broad strokes.) I know there's probably a ton of stuff I'm forgetting.
The (deprecated) class image I knew about and have used as a reference. I'm...aware of the April Fools characters, but likely won't use them any time soon. They've been covered well enough by other writers anyway, so if I do include them it will be as background. Admittedly, I have not gone back to read all the blog posts to see if anything I've written contradicts them. As for the rest...I'll ponder that for a while, thanks :) !

Keep your head down, kid, don't make eye contact...
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

dewelar wrote:Eh, considering they appeared in Weekend at Hisao's, probably not.
That fic doesn't exist to me.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Leaty wrote:
AntonSlavik020 wrote:There are? I know the one near the end of Shizune's route. Who's the other one?
The blind girl in the Astronomy club in the Suriko fanfic. It was literally just posted. Image
Oh OK. For some reason the way it was worded made me think there were two Aois in the game. Just a misunderstanding on my part.
Best girl

Best route
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Leaty wrote:
dewelar wrote:Eh, considering they appeared in Weekend at Hisao's, probably not.
Any particular reason why? I loved it. Shizune doesn't get enough love.
Best girl

Best route
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Leaty wrote:
dewelar wrote:Eh, considering they appeared in [REDACTED], probably not.
Accommodated!

Actually...they may be appearing in Developments as well. That's all I'll say outside of PM.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:Any particular reason why? I loved it. Shizune doesn't get enough love.
I don't really care for "go home to see the family" fics, nor am I particularly excited by really Shizune-heavy fics, and it also touches upon a lot of subject matter that I plan to deal with myself in MTB, and I don't want my writing to be influenced by it. Plus it ends with a wedding, and I find those sorts of endings to be really cheesy and glurgy. I feel similarly about the Hanako epilogue That Guy wrote.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Leaty wrote:I don't really care for "go home to see the family" fics
Well, I'm going to disappoint you eventually, then...
nor am I particularly excited by really Shizune-heavy fics
Uh, hmm... well, time for more fuckitall.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

I don't know how you define Tomorrow's Doom, but I define it as a Hisao route starring an OC and featuring Shizune as a supporting character, which happens to have people's families show up. I don't blindly hate fics with those characteristics (Shizune appears in MTB, and Iwanako's family problems are a pretty relevant plot point,) but in Themocaw's fic it is the premise.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Leaty wrote:
I was under the impression that the only things that were canon were the actual contents of the release VN (1.0 or 1.1), and these character sheets.

And anything outside of that is not canon: http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... -gods.html

Which makes things tricky.

You could either use, the VN trumps Suriko's fic, or you could use something else.

I personally like the substitute teacher idea. It fits with some canon elements of Hisao's character (him being similar to Mutou in many ways), and some canon elements of Mutou's character (him not remembering names worth a damn).
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!