Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/30]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

DietKane

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 1/

Post by DietKane »

Glad to see you guys are liking it. We've got another chapter for ya right here.

Act 3 Part 04 is now live
I co-write a KS rewrite with my friend Demifiend/Popo. It's called Katawa Aniki
lilly a slut and worst girl
SerRodrik

Post by SerRodrik »

Okay, just finished burning through the story over a couple of days, and I'm super hyped for more! You guys have done a really good job with it so far.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Thanks man, always appreciate the feedback.

Though it's getting really eeery that a lot of the people who give us feedback have only one post.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

That's probably because you don't post your stories here on the forum, so the people who read it are not from here either.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Mirage_GSM wrote:That's probably because you don't post your stories here on the forum, so the people who read it are not from here either.
Good point. It's actually really rad that people create accounts just to give us feedback.
Kochi

Post by Kochi »

Any updates on this?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Kochi wrote:Any updates on this?

Yes.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 3 Part 05 is now live

As always, we will make releases as our schedules permit. This flu season has taken a toll, but no news just means we're busy working toward the next release, so no worries, guys. :D
Last edited by Popo on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Every day is a miracle.
Dippeggs

Post by Dippeggs »

Popo wrote:Act 3, Part 5 is now live.

As always, we will make releases as our schedules permit. This flu season has taken a toll, but no news just means we're busy working toward the next release, so no worries, guys. :D
Haven't read it yet but that links to part 3.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Dippeggs wrote:
Popo wrote:Act 3, Part 5 is now live.

Haven't read it yet but that links to part 3.
Whoopsie-daisy. Fixed it.
Every day is a miracle.
Parliament

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 2/

Post by Parliament »

Haven't read through very much of it yet since I found this last night at like 12, but I like what I see a lot.

It's always cool to see two writers collaborate and work off each other like you are in this fic, I'm really looking forward to getting further into this and seeing similarities/contrasts in your two writing styles, and in the characters you each have created.
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Parliament wrote:Haven't read through very much of it yet since I found this last night at like 12, but I like what I see a lot.

It's always cool to see two writers collaborate and work off each other like you are in this fic, I'm really looking forward to getting further into this and seeing similarities/contrasts in your two writing styles, and in the characters you each have created.
Thanks for the kind words, we're glad you like it! There's a lot more coming on the way.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Parliament wrote:Haven't read through very much of it yet since I found this last night at like 12, but I like what I see a lot.

The two-author style has been really interesting to experience, especially since our way of doing it is somewhat unconventional; for the most part, rather than taking turns, we both write essentially at the same time (aside from solo scenes), so the conversations feel pretty "real," to me. We might both go to write something at the same time, and then it feels like the characters are accidentally talking over each other, which lends to the slice of life ambiance for us, heh. It adds a fun element to the writing process, because when you're writing alone, you more or less know what's gonna happen, aside from winging a few things. Despite writing this story, I still get surprised by Kane's material, and that's a really trippy, cool feeling. Plus I wing a fair amount of the scenes, so I even surprise myself, sometimes. It's pretty exciting to know that as soon as I write something, be it funny, dramatic, or what have you, that a person's gonna read it as soon as I hit enter.

In general, his presence is really helpful. Having someone to bounce ideas by, and have him come up with his own, helps to virtually eliminate any writer's block that starts to creep up on me. Plus, writing even for an initial audience of one nevertheless helps me keep in the mindset of writing for an audience; not to pander, of course, but to try to keep the quality at a fairly consistent level, and generally just make me ponder what's needed and what isn't, in any given scene. He's helped reign me in on more than one occasion, when he tells me one of my ideas might be a little sappy or cheesy, and I think about it, and yeah, he's right. Emotion and more logical thinking require a precise balance in a story based on KS, of course, and he helps me maintain equilibrium.
Last edited by Popo on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day is a miracle.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Sorry for the rather long delay, but we just put out Act 3 Part 6. This time, the Student Council gets some much needed screentime.

You can check it out here.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 3 Part 07 is now live

I'm gonna go back for more dental work tomorrow, so I don't know how long it'll take until the next release, but for now, we sincerely hope you find enjoyment in this one. I'll try to recover as soon as I reasonably can, of course.
Every day is a miracle.