Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/30]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Katawa Aniki

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Why should we comment here if the story's not even posted here?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Dippeggs wrote:I hope you guys are getting more comments from other sites or something, because I find it a little odd that not a lot of people are commenting about your story on this forum.

Personally I like the story and think you guys are doing a great job so far. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, man! We've had some guys from the KSG threads on /vg/ bookmark it, and we've had some comments on the actual google docs pages every now and then. Comments are always welcome, hell we encourage it.
Mirage_GSM wrote:Why should we comment here if the story's not even posted here?
The link is right in the OP. We host on google docs for a few reasons
-Easy for people to view
-Lets us host many, many parts. This story is pretty long.
-Lets us both simultaneously edit at the same time, seeing each others edits live. REALLY helpful to get the chapters out quickly and efficiently.
I co-write a KS rewrite with my friend Demifiend/Popo. It's called Katawa Aniki
lilly a slut and worst girl
Popo

Post by Popo »

Dippeggs wrote:I hope you guys are getting more comments from other sites or something, because I find it a little odd that not a lot of people are commenting about your story on this forum.

Personally I like the story and think you guys are doing a great job so far. Keep up the good work.
We also post links on a website another good friend of mine runs, called the Twilight Brigade. It's a .hack franchise fansite that also discusses stuff like video games, anime, manga, funny youtube links, music, art, whatever. I'm a moderator there, and everyone's really friendly. In fact, the friendship those nice guys offered me, especially the admin, are part of my inspiration in writing Katawa Aniki, as well as my IRL friends, my family, and some of my life events. Not only that, but we personally keep a few of the KS Steam groups updated, and talk about it with them. The Lillybros deserve special mention for being very supportive of our efforts, and offering a lot of encouragement. It made me happy to hear one of 'em say he was gonna re-read the series posted so far, let alone that he read it the first time. Then there's one guy on the Yugioh dueling network site that's another friend of mine, who I tell each time a new part rolls out.

So, your hopes aren't in vain. We started with extremely modest expectations, and we've been receiving quite a bit more praise than what we dared to hope for. For a while, we wrote with no audience, just due to the passion we had for this project. Then, when we decided to post some parts publicly, my mentality was that if we got even a single fan who really liked it, the months of writing would be well worth it. Similar to what I said in the preface, writing this story has been a healing experience for me, and my loftiest goal would be for even a single person to read this, and experience the same, and affect positive change in his or her life, and to the people around him or her. I've seen some people talk about donating blood, starting up running for exercise, aiding charities, and being kinder and more understanding people, among other inspirational things, as a result of reading KS, and it's my greatest wish to bestow that kind of gift, and reinforce that sentiment.
Mirage_GSM wrote:Why should we comment here if the story's not even posted here?
The docs are good for commenting on specific selections of text from the story, but forums have a better layout and atmosphere to discuss it more generally, or topics related to it.
Every day is a miracle.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 2, Part 5 is up. I hope you guys are ready for some cuteness overload. :3
Every day is a miracle.
Dippeggs

Post by Dippeggs »

"Aaaand backspace."

Ha!

One thing that bugs me is that I don't really think a school would have an xray machine, even Yamaku.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Dippeggs wrote:"Aaaand backspace."

Ha!

One thing that bugs me is that I don't really think a school would have an xray machine, even Yamaku.
I rather enjoyed writing that line.

The way I figured, is that KS makes it out to be a pretty high-budget school, and you gotta keep in mind there might be students with, say, brittle bone problems, and other factors. Say a student with mobility problems took a nasty fall, or something. A person could die if they're not quickly and accurately diagnosed of a wide range of problems. Even though the hospital isn't all that far away, the infirmary is obviously much closer, and I gotta think students will be more likely to say "It's okay, I don't need x-rays, it was just a little fall" if they'd have to make the trip to the hospital and be admitted. Missing something serious and the student subsequently dying or becoming even more disabled would be extremely bad for their image, and invite a whole host of legal ramifications. KS also made it seem like the staff and facilities were pretty top-notch.
Every day is a miracle.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I don't see any problems with X-rays at Yamaku. They're not exactly rocket science nowadays.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Popo

Post by Popo »

I figured they'd have at least one of 'em. Anywho, get your Act 2, Part 6 here!
Every day is a miracle.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 2, Part 7 is live, as well as a document briefly explaining a thing or two about the musical choices. I'm also going back and polishing up some of the earlier parts a little. In the middle of making a1p5 prettier.
Every day is a miracle.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Act 2, Part 8 is up. It marks the beginning of a long, eventful day that'll span a few parts, and the return of some characters.
Every day is a miracle.
Dippeggs

Post by Dippeggs »

Popo wrote:Act 2, Part 8 is up. It marks the beginning of a long, eventful day that'll span a few parts, and the return of some characters.
Hanako: "Camo's never out of style when you're on the prowl.”
She gave him a suggestive waggling of her eyebrows.

You might want to fix who's saying what on this part and a few lines after it as well. You seem to have typed Hanako when it's Lilly or Miki talking.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Dippeggs wrote:
Popo wrote:Act 2, Part 8 is up. It marks the beginning of a long, eventful day that'll span a few parts, and the return of some characters.
Hanako: "Camo's never out of style when you're on the prowl.”
She gave him a suggestive waggling of her eyebrows.

You might want to fix who's saying what on this part and a few lines after it as well. You seem to have typed Hanako when it's Lilly or Miki talking.
Fixed it.
Will send DemiFiend a memo about his slip-up, justice will be served.

as it turns out, a lot of lines were messed up. Cleared them up, should be fine now.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Sorry for the slip-up. Editing while tired turns out to carry risks; who knew, right? I made a mistake with the find and replace function.
Every day is a miracle.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Act 2 Part 9 is now live.

Sorry for the rather long wait, but we've got some good news. We're just about nearing the end of drafting the story. Once we finish, it's nothing but editing from there, which means more chapters in less time. Also, I quit my job, so I'm contributing full time!
Popo

Re: Katawa Aniki (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/15]

Post by Popo »

Act 2, Part 10 is good to go. Hope you enjoy it.
Every day is a miracle.