Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/30]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

ThoughtLock

Re: Katawa Aniki (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/15]

Post by ThoughtLock »

I am seriously loving this story. I just came back to this forum the other day after botching my attempt to write a story a few months ago, so it's awesome to see great new stories like this one out and about. Can't wait for the next update.
Shizune>Lilly=Emi>Hanako=Rin. I wish the ranking system weren't so difficult. It's not that I particularly dislike any of them, so they're really hard to rank.

Current Work: Nothing but a Broken Man
DietKane

Re: Katawa Aniki (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/15]

Post by DietKane »

Thanks, man! We're always looking forward to reading what people think of our little story (yes, this means criticism too. GIVE US IT.)

In fact, Act 2 Part 11 is now live.
I co-write a KS rewrite with my friend Demifiend/Popo. It's called Katawa Aniki
lilly a slut and worst girl
Guest90206

Re: Katawa Aniki (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/19]

Post by Guest90206 »

This

this is

eeeeeeeeee

this is

i don't even

fuck

it's like

i have no words

this writing rivals that of katawa shoujo

i've read this for the last four hours

HURRY NEED MORE
Hanabro to the end.
Popo

Re: Katawa Aniki (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/22]

Post by Popo »

Your praise is something we take very gratefully. I hope a few hours' wait wasn't too much to endure! Act 2, Part 12 is out, and more are on the way.

Your appraisal of our writing is very humbling; Katawa Shoujo is a story that struck me to my utter core, and set me upon a path of healing, and changing myself as a person for the better. I'd still been dealing with lingering anger problems, self-esteem issues, depression, and even the occasional much more despairing moments, but the process of writing KA allowed me to release negative thoughts that held me prisoner, and has brought to me a peace that's hard to describe. I wake up happy, eat lunch happy, and then go to bed happy, feeling almost no negativity in-between, and a lot of confidence all throughout, which is something millionaires can't buy. I hoped to reflect that within Katawa Aniki, and try to affect a similar kind of change in whoever would read it through 'til the end. It goes without saying that Four Leaf Studios deserves much of the credit for Katawa Aniki's existence, and they have various strengths as writers, and this little unnamed team of Kane and I have our own. Maybe someday, someone from 4LS will read it and see what their efforts wrought upon my life, but I know the likelihood of that is slim. One can dream, though; I didn't dare imagine we'd even garner this kind of attention.
Every day is a miracle.
Dippeggs

Post by Dippeggs »

Always a pleasure to read your work.

Also, at the very end you wrote Lilly instead of Kano.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

Dippeggs wrote:Also, at the very end you wrote Lilly instead of Kano.
It's always these things. :?

Fixed it.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Thanks, Dipeggs.

Additionally, I had forgotten to post translated lyrics with a certain song in Act 2, Part 10. That problem has also been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Every day is a miracle.
Popo

Re: Katawa Aniki (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 10/28]

Post by Popo »

We hope you enjoy Act 2, Part 13.

This one was slightly delayed by me getting sick and dealing with wisdom teeth pain at the same time, and Kane getting in a car accident today. He's fine, but his ride seems totaled. So, I dedicate this release to his fortunate avoidance of harm. Also, I'm feeling better now.
Every day is a miracle.
DietKane

Re: Katawa Aniki (KS Rewrite) (18+ Occasionally) [Updated 11

Post by DietKane »

Even if I wreck my car and get a ticket and have to go to court, I still work on getting parts out. Act 2 Part 14 is now live.

Also, you guys shouldn't be shy to leave us some feedback here (hell, it's why we made the thread!) Let us know what you think! Anything we can do better, things you liked about the newest release, lets get some discussion going!
Disonomous

Post by Disonomous »

This is without a doubt my favorite fan fiction, I hope you guys enjoy writing it as much as I enjoy reading it.
Popo

Post by Popo »

I know Kane enjoys much of this writing project, but speaking for myself, it's hard for me to imagine anyone else enjoying reading this story as much as I loved writing it. The process, over a good chunk of this year (starting in February, not too long after KS came out) has really changed me as a person, for the better. I used to have some problems, but I've been given a greater perspective.

Additionally, I'm happy to announce that Act One has been cleaned up and looks better, now.
Every day is a miracle.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

I get the feeling that the majority of the posts here are just gonna be us making progress updates. Ah, oh well. Thanks for the kind words, Disonomous!

Anyway, Act 2 Part 15 is now live. This one is a feel heavy bit, so hold on tight!
Dippeggs

Post by Dippeggs »

I hope you guys never stop.

Well not really, I know you gotta stop eventually. But hopefully not for a while.
Popo

Post by Popo »

Dippeggs wrote:I hope you guys never stop.

Well not really, I know you gotta stop eventually. But hopefully not for a while.
The series still has a looooooong way to go, rest assured. We wrote almost nonstop for over six months, so that's a lot of material. Things are still basically getting started.
Every day is a miracle.
DietKane

Post by DietKane »

We had some issues come up, but we got over them. Act 2 Part 16 is now live.

To make up for the downtime, this one is an extra length Junichi and Hanako bit. You niggas better enjoy.