Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 04/30/16 ~ recommitted to completion.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Leaty

Re: Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 04/30/06 ~ recommitted to completi

Post by Leaty »

...I cannot believe my own hiatus has gone on for so long that Homestuck ended and Helbereth came back to finish TD.

Anybody want me to wait it out a little longer, see if we get Half-Life 3?
TubaMirum

Post by TubaMirum »

Leaty wrote:...I cannot believe my own hiatus has gone on for so long that Homestuck ended and Helbereth came back to finish TD.

Surely we can dream bigger than just HL3!

Anybody got some ideas for good vaporware candidates we could use Leaty's hiatus magic on? I'm clueless! It's 2 AM! :D
Gustav Mahler wrote:If you find you're boring your audience, go slower not faster.
brythain

Post by brythain »

TubaMirum wrote:
Leaty wrote:...I cannot believe my own hiatus has gone on for so long that Homestuck ended and Helbereth came back to finish TD.

Surely we can dream bigger than just HL3!

Anybody got some ideas for good vaporware candidates we could use Leaty's hiatus magic on? I'm clueless! It's 2 AM! :D
FOR WANT OF A NAIL by ProfA seems a little... wanting? :)

Kagami's Pseudo-Route by forgetmenot too... along with numerous Miki routes. I wouldn't mind a bit of help too. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Wow, it's coming back. Hell yes. I look forward to seeing this completed.
brythain wrote:Kagami's Pseudo-Route by forgetmenot too... along with numerous Miki routes. I wouldn't mind a bit of help too. :D
Hangs head in shame
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

forgetmenot wrote:Wow, it's coming back. Hell yes. I look forward to seeing this completed.
brythain wrote:Kagami's Pseudo-Route by forgetmenot too... along with numerous Miki routes. I wouldn't mind a bit of help too. :D
Hangs head in shame
We are, with the exceptions of Dewelar and Brythain, not the best with our time.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Blank Mage wrote:
forgetmenot wrote:Wow, it's coming back. Hell yes. I look forward to seeing this completed.
Hangs head in shame
We are, with the exceptions of Dewelar and Brythain, not the best with our time.
What's time? Never heard of it. Must be something I've never had.
brythain

Post by brythain »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:What's time? Never heard of it. Must be something I've never had.
It's something that I've heard will break down if you're mean to it. You might possibly be able to fix it with Leaty's hiatus magic, though.

Now that it's two years since I first read 'Tomorrow's Doom', I am beginning to think that Helbereth must be planning something from some Marvel epic crossover involving Reed Richards and Stephen Strange.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

I would love to help Leaty in any way I can. I love her work and what she means to the KS community.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

brythain wrote:Now that it's two years since I first read 'Tomorrow's Doom', I am beginning to think that Helbereth must be planning something from some Marvel epic crossover involving Reed Richards and Stephen Strange.
Ideas like that actually have crossed my mind, especially after playing Life is Strange very recently, but I'm not gonna do that to the ending of a story that has - for the most part - been grounded in something like proven reality. So, there won't be mutants, or aliens, or rewinding time, or wormholes into alternate dimensions, or Illuminati conspiracies cracked by crazed, half-blind sociopaths...

If my return gets some of you other long-term authors to finally finish their unfulfilled fictions, though, I'm all for that - Kagami Pseudo Route, Iwanako(forgot the title), and Want for a Nail, especially. But, that's just my opinion.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Helbereth wrote:...or Illuminati conspiracies cracked by crazed, half-blind sociopaths...
Yeah, you'd have to be pretty out-there to write stories about that.

Reality can be fun. Parking is cheaper, too.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Holy crap, this story is actually starting up again! I was starting to lose hope.

This is one of my favourites, and I look forward to seeing it finished.
Leaty wrote:My headcanon of bhtooefr's headcanon is that it's all in continuity with Cormac McCarthy's The Road and nothing in the VN matters because everybody's gonna die in, like, a year.
FelOnyx

Post by FelOnyx »

Haven't visited the forum in months, come around to check if any fics have updated...

holy shit Helbereth says he's back working on Tomorrow's Doom.

This is acceptable.
AlexG wrote:For a moment there I thought Marx woke up as some kind of stripper in the middle ages
BlackGoldShooter wrote:This is what happens when children don't eat their vegetables. First they start manufacturing statuettes. Next they take over the world.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

FelOnyx wrote:holy shit Helbereth says he's back working on Tomorrow's Doom.
And I'd have a new chapter out already if not for a death in the family...
brythain

Post by brythain »

Helbereth wrote:
FelOnyx wrote:holy shit Helbereth says he's back working on Tomorrow's Doom.
And I'd have a new chapter out already if not for a death in the family...
Condolences, man. Take your time!
WillDfly

Post by WillDfly »

Let me just star by saying I can't even. I can't properly express my feelings coming to the end of this thread right now, so let me tell y'all my story with this... game, experience, universe... You can skip the brown part if you don't want to read it, it's mostly to organize my thoughts anyway, and maybe the green one too. I also apologize in advance for writing such a big text, specially in my second language.
I downloaded Katawa Shoujo, (as many before me, I presume) expecting a random, if somewhat different eroge: a few choices, a nice/quick wank, uninstall. Pass some time, get my mind off some things. I (as many before me, I presume again) was not ready for what I got. My sleep was half gone, sacrificed to the Yamaku goddesses. The first story, Emi's route, captivated me so much, when I went in for another route, I couldn't stop thinking about how I was letting her down, and "why can't I help her out as well? Hanako won't be jealous, let me be her friend too, run with that firecracker just one lap between teacups...please...".
With Hanako's route over ("What, already? Come on, end this rightly!"), i steeled myself: If these girls have such amazing stories to share with me, I'll die of a heart attack on a fiery accident before leaving ANY of them unexplored! Next, Shizune, Rin and Lilly all dragged my sorry, arrhytmic ass through all the highs and lows you're all familiar with, even if each of us experiences them uniquely.
5 routes done? "More! It's not enough!" 100%? "What, that's it? There must be some secret route, a continuation, anything else... To the internets!" After some questions regarding the mentioned, but never shown pool, I find this thread. "Fanfiction longer than 3 chapters? I'll read it later, might be decent", I thought, not noticing it was pretty much the same attitude I first had towards the game: Yeah, I don't learn. Hey, at least I can be pleasantly surprised again.

Let me tell you this: I adore stories. I have a serious reading problem. I own more books than any other type of possession, probably more than most of the other ones combined, followed by comics (eastern and western) and movies. Your story is SO GOOD. Any semblance of sleep time I had crashed into the shore and was wiped out from my routine, while I dove head first into this stream of witty comedy, well thought conflict and tear-jerking tragedy, steered by some of the most frustrating, endearing, fleshed ou and generally awesome characters. The high KS gave me, that few stories had given me for a while, was little more than a gateway drug to this. I couldn't help myself smiling at their happiness, biting my lip at their insecurities, having to stop for air at their gut-wrenching moments, and... rejoicing at their empiricism.
I can't quite express my distress (which is why this is way longer than it should be, sorry) as I finished ch. 45, Sojourn and there was no link for the next chapter... "Surely a simple mistake, it happened before, I'll just read the topic until I find it..." 9 pages left? "Well, Helbereth must have crammed the ending in fewer chapters than I thought, or posted them in quick succession... Right?" 7 pages left, "Abandonment?! oh, April's fools, of course, haha, almost got me there..." 6, 5, 4 pages left and there's a hole in my stomach very similar to the one in Aiko's nightmare, sucking my hopes while I throw at it every explanation I can think of, refusing to accept the truth. 3 pages left, posted from 2 years ago "...please don't...". 2 pages and my empty husk sees some light on the fact that Helbereth is alive and responding. 1 page and 4/30's update gives me some hope back, "it's june, just one chapter, just one more fix will get me good 'til the next one..." Last page: I can tell by the scroll bar, not yet. And now I'm sitting here, after going through the whole spectrum or emotions and reactions, both to your story and to its very existence, and I just felt I had to write something in the sand.
This is by no means a request or demand. I had my fair share and then some of family deaths recently, it's no walk in the park.
I just have to thank you. So fucking much. I can't imagine the hours, the amount of work and effort put into this Leviathan of a story, though I might relate to the passion involved in committing yourself to this enterprising. I can't properly express my gratitude for the 2 years spent building all of this up, and then coming back to it 2 years later, which requires a whole new set of courage, dedication and love. I really hope I can read the rest of this amazing story some time, and will await anxiously for you to guide us along the lovely Aiko and her shoal through their adventures, whenever it, you, and they are ready.
Fuck, I just might read the whole thing again in the meantime. So good, man!