Sorrowful Beauty (KS/Kara no Shoujo Crossover)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Blobbeh

Sorrowful Beauty (KS/Kara no Shoujo Crossover)

Post by Blobbeh »

I'd considered joining the Katawa Shoujo forums a few months ago after reading some of the amazing fan works on here, but for whatever reason, I held off. I decided I would join whenever I started writing a fanfic. I was completely uninspired at the time, but after playing the VN Kara no Shoujo, I decided it would be fun to do a crossover in which some of the characters attend Yamaku. Note that there are some spoilers to Kara no Shoujo, so if you haven't finished it and plan on doing so, refrain from reading this. I'm going to try to refrain from writing a story that only KnS fans will understand, so please tell me if there's something unclear about the characters. Note that I only laid down framework for the story in this opening chapter, so not many new characters are introduced. So, without further ado, here's the start of my story. I hope you enjoy it!

==============================================
"Oh, that's right! Everyone is encouraged to join a club. A lot of people do so because there isn't really anything else to do," Misha says as she lets out her trademark laugh. It floors me that a student council member would have to ask a fellow member to respond to such a simple question. Joining a club at this point would make sense, though. Perhaps it could even get these two off my back for a while.

"So, what clubs are offered here?" I ask, trying my best to sound nonchalant. I wouldn't want them figuring out my true motive for asking such a question.

Misha signs back and forth with Shizune for a while before responding. "Well, the sports clubs are fairly popular. Most of the clubs here are fairly generic," she says while shrugging and laughing for no real reason. "We've got Shogi club, theater club, art club, computer club, broadcasting club... Oh, and I heard that the music club needs members! Of course, there's always the student coun-"

"Music club, huh? Sounds interesting." As soon as the bell rings, I practically leap out of my seat and head outside the classroom. I've never been particularly interested in music, but Shizune will call my bluff if I don't at least check it out.

I think about the music club as I wander aimlessly through the halls. What exactly could I do there? I haven't touched an instrument in years, and no one offered to do karaoke with me after a single session with my old friends... Furthermore, I have no idea where the clubrooms even are.

The bell rings, making me realize I'd been roaming around longer than I thought. There's still one class left in the day, so I should be able to extract any information I need from Misha and Shizune.

I enter my classroom and take a seat. As soon as I do this, I my shoulders drop as I look over at Misha's seat. Gone. Without much hope, my eyes wander over to where Shizune should be. Well, there are still a few minutes before class starts, so they could still show up. A traditional student council wouldn't be so late in getting to class, but then again, this is no traditional student council. The two members I've met manage to be louder than all of my other classmates combined, and I have an ever-growing suspicion that they don't even have enough members to call themselves a council.

When the final bell rings, I begin to lose hope they'll be back at all. When Mutou finally shows up ten minutes late, I give up. They're seriously ditching class? What kind of student council is this? Slumping over in my desk, I wonder just how I'll find the clubroom. I'm too exhausted to pay attention to Mutou's lecture about space, so I shut my eyes and slowly drift to sleep.

My eyes shoot open at the sound of a gunshot. Wait, no, a textbook just dropped next to my ear. Now I wish I could return to that dream, whatever it was. I slowly lean back in my seat in an attempt to appear unconcerned about what just happened. Of course, there's no point in doing so now. Most of my classmates are already laughing as loud as Misha would. I even see Hanako chuckling when I glimpse towards the back of the room. I guess I should be glad that Shizune isn't in class.

"Isn't that right, Nakai?" Mutou asks, obviously trying to give me as much grief as possible.

"Of course! Everyone should know that," I respond over the continual giggling of my classmates. We continue in sarcastic discourse for a while, before he returns to his lecture. The teachers at my old school probably wouldn't have taken this as lightly, but Mutou seems to have a light-hearted attitude towards his students. This is surprising, considering how seriously he treats his awkward lectures, but perhaps he just really loves what he teaches.

The bell rings, and everyone starts to collect their books to leave the room. "A word with you, Nakai?" Mutou says as I slide my science textbook into my bag. He's obviously not looking for a response. I walk up to the front of the class and wait for the students to slowly dissipate from the room. Once he believes everyone is far away enough to hear him, he speaks to me. "I know this may seem fairly easy to you, Nakai, but that's no excuse to fall asleep in class."

"Well, uh... I understand!" I practically shout, losing any of the careless attitude I showed at the start of class. I rub the back of my head. Smooth Hisao. Smooth.

"Don't worry too much about it," he says, letting the stern face relax to its normal, clumsy state. "Were you already taught this at your previous school?"

"Not in depth, but I've been reading a lot the past few months. I didn't have much else to do..." I let myself trail off, realizing that I still have troubles with speaking about my heart problem. Even though the students here have much more obvious problems, I'm still embarrassed to even think about my own. Perhaps I'm imagining the analytical stares I've gotten from a few students, but I'm fairly certain that a good amount of them are wondering what's wrong with me. This is going to be tougher than I thought to get used to.

"I understand," Mutou responds, trying his best to mock my earlier formalness. His attempt is unsuccessful due to his usual stiffness, but it still gets a small laugh from me. "Try not to doze off anymore. Even if you know the material, you could still learn something."

"Alright, I'll try to." I stand there bunglingly for a few exhausting seconds, before realizing this conversation is over. Mutou and I exchange a mutual goodbye and I leave the classroom. Only then do I realize my mistake: While chatting with Mutou, all of the students vanished from the halls, and I still have no clue where the clubrooms are. I glance around nervously for a few seconds, before spinning around at the sound of a voice.

"Hey, Hicchan! Looking for something?"

"Where the hell were you earlier?" I practically yell. I'm a bit embarrassed at my comical outburst, but Misha will just laugh me off if I don't hold my ground.

Of course, she does so anyway. "Hmm, worried about me, Hicchan? It just so happens we have a student council meeting now. Want to discuss things there?"

"Absolutely not. I just need to know where the music room is. And besides, where did you go earlier? Student council members should not skip class!"

"You're no fun, Hicchan," Misha says while laughing. "We were on official student council business. Of course, I can't provide the details unless you'll be joining us."

As curious as I am, I ignore her last-ditch effort and ask where the clubroom is again.

"Oh, that's just down the hall, Hicchan. It's the last door on the right."

"Ah, thanks."

"No problem, just helping a fellow council member!"

"Seriously, stop it."

"Wahaha!"

Misha walks away from me in the direction she told me the clubroom was. At first, I was suspicious that she actually gave me directions to the student council room, until I see her turn into a room a few doors down. Time to get going, I guess. As I put my hand on the door handle, I find myself much more nervous than I should be. After taking a few breaths, I reassure myself that this is a better fate than the student council and push down on the handle.

As the door swings open, a beautiful space appears before my eyes. This is nothing like any of the other places I've seen at Yamaku. A beautiful, musically-themed mural takes up an entire wall, while the opposing side is covered almost entirely with windows, providing the impression that there's nothing there at all. Outside, Yamaku's signature greenery stretches on for what seems like miles.

Students are gathered together in small, organized clumps. Some simply appear to be talking, while others have guitars in their arms, drums on their laps, and headphones over their ears. I expected the room to be noisy, and it certainly is, but the plethora of sound somehow collects itself and forms into a beautiful piece as soon as I enter the room. The song their playing sounds familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on the name.

"Ah, might we have a new member here?" I hear a soft voice that is somehow distinguishable from the rest of the noise. The sorrowful voice is almost weak and fades quickly, as if it was never there to begin with. Despite this, it has a certain quality to it that makes it sound as though pure love and beauty are trying to break through the sadness around it.

I whip my head around and face the source of the verbal assailment. Quickly, I realize this description doesn't only match the voice. At first, I'm absolutely breathless. Before me is a beautiful young girl, with black hair falling down to her back and a faint smile that beckons me to come closer. Her black eyes pierce my soul as my glance briefly passes by them.

"Kuchiki Toko," says the girl with no arms or legs.
==============================================

This was posted right after I finished it up, so feel free to tell me about any typos. Constructive criticism is very welcome, as I haven't written anything in a long time.
I'd like to update this every week, but I have no guarantees.
BobBobberson

Re: Sorrowful Beauty (KS/Kara no Shoujo Crossover)

Post by BobBobberson »

You'll have to have a credible reason why Toko (The non-lesbian bitch one) is at Yamaku to begin with, but other than that, I'm liking this story so far :P
Mirage_GSM

Re: Sorrowful Beauty (KS/Kara no Shoujo Crossover)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'd say "No arms and no legs" is plenty of reason to attend Yamaku. If anything my complaint would have been that it's a bit too much...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.