Miki Route (updated 7/17)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Zaknafein

Re: Miki Route (updated 7/17)

Post by Zaknafein »

I'm loving this fan fic so far, and it's making me thoroughly depressed that there isn't a Miki route in game.
Lumi

Post by Lumi »

Hows act 2 going...?

I'm a writer and artist for the new visual novel project Learn to Be. Check it out!
http://learntobevisualnovel.blogspot.com/
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

I can't believe I never realized this got updated.
I liked the last two chapters, and the fact that your Miki is unique enough to separate her from the other Miki's but remains close enough to the premise that made us all love Miki in the first place.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Shizune

Post by Shizune »

[Alas, poor Meadows! I knew him, everyone – a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.]
Impact

Post by Impact »

Yeah, are there any hopes of seeing more of this?
badmanslayer04

Post by badmanslayer04 »

Well he did have a chart of what he wanted to happen in the story so I think he might just be busy
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

badmanslayer04 wrote:Well he did have a chart of what he wanted to happen in the story so I think he might just be busy
Thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt. You're entirely correct--real life has a way of derailing things.
I won't waste time making excuses, and I hope to get back to writing this week. Thanks to everyone for your patience and words of encouragement.
Suox

Post by Suox »

Last edited by Suox on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Suox wrote:I hope you haven't given up on this, this is arguably the best Miki route i've ever read, and I'd hate to see it die out before the second act :(
Thank you for reading and taking a moment to comment!

Contrary to public opinion, I'm still alive and kicking. Real life has just been holding me back.
I'm on vacation all this coming week, though, so take that to mean what you will. ;)
I aim not to disappoint.

In the meanime, I have actually gotten some writing done that I posted.
It's another Miki story with an interesting flavor:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7021

Not doing a desperate cross-plug or anything, it just occurred to me that people might only be following this thread for updates from me.
Suox

Post by Suox »

Last edited by Suox on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Po1ntBlank

Post by Po1ntBlank »

Noticed the diabetes comment in chapter 2. Do you think people would go to Yamaka if they had Diabetes? I've had it since 5th grade, but never considered going to a special school for it, nor did any of the other 2-3 kids from my previous schools either.

Do schools like Yamaka actually exist?

Also, it seems like I joined this website long after it's peak of activity. I feel like the threads that I have posted in, are still at the top one or two days later. Oh well, hopefully that means they will get more activity ;)

Really hope this continues. Feels on par with canon KS.
Hanako: 9.5/10
Emi: 9/10
Rin: 7/10 (Also the last playthrough I did, didn't take it that seriously.
Lilly: 8/10
Shizune: 7/10
Some really great fanfics: Ascent: An Emilogue, Weekend at Hisao's, Listen to your Heart, Miki Route by Meadows, Akira Pseudo-Route by Thanatos02, and Misha Route by Doomish
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Apologies to anyone who's subscribed and thought this was an update, I don't mean to be a tease.
Po1ntBlank wrote:Noticed the diabetes comment in chapter 2. Do you think people would go to Yamaka if they had Diabetes? I've had it since 5th grade, but never considered going to a special school for it, nor did any of the other 2-3 kids from my previous schools either.

Do schools like Yamaka actually exist?
The diabetes comment is a reference to Ikuno, a tertiary character from Hisao's class who has Type-2.
Considering that KS is set in Japan, I don't think it's unlikely that someone with diabetes would go to Yamaku.
I read a news article a year back about a young girl there who had a peanut allergy and was bullied/mistreated for it by both students and teachers alike. It got bad enough where she had to leave and go to a different school.
Basically, if you deviate far enough from any kind of norms in Japan, you're punished for it socially. I don't know any specific names, but it seems there are schools designed for students with disabilities that might be comparable to Yamaku.
Also, it seems like I joined this website long after it's peak of activity. I feel like the threads that I have posted in, are still at the top one or two days later. Oh well, hopefully that means they will get more activity ;)
Yeah I've noticed that too. I guess slowpoke writers like me are part of that problem. Another part may be just the fact that there's only so many epilogues or other short diversionary stories you can write about a set universe and timeframe like with KS, so the amount of new content and interest is limited. KS also came out over 10 months ago, so there's that too.
Really hope this continues. Feels on par with canon KS.
That's the goal! I appreciate you reading and stopping by to share your thoughts. In addition to real life getting in the way, part of what's been dragging me down with the next chapter are doubts I've been having about my own writing style and quality.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Meadows wrote: Yeah I've noticed that too. I guess slowpoke writers like me are part of that problem. Another part may be just the fact that there's only so many epilogues or other short diversionary stories you can write about a set universe and timeframe like with KS, so the amount of new content and interest is limited. KS also came out over 10 months ago, so there's that too.
Still, as long as we get new blood here every now and then, KS shall live on forever! Hail to the dream, baby.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Po1ntBlank wrote:Noticed the diabetes comment in chapter 2. Do you think people would go to Yamaka if they had Diabetes? I've had it since 5th grade, but never considered going to a special school for it, nor did any of the other 2-3 kids from my previous schools either.
*shrug* Yamaku allows healthy students like Misha, so why not someone with diabetes. They do not take student with mental disabilities, however.
Po1ntBlank wrote:Do schools like Yamaka actually exist?
AFAIK, schools exactly like Yamaku doesn't. Closest thing in reality are special schools.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Mader Levap wrote:*shrug* Yamaku allows healthy students like Misha, so why not someone with diabetes. They do not take student with mental disabilities, however.
Just on that note, when they say mental disablities they mean things like Down's Syndrome or other learning disabilities. Mere "mental disablities", which includes a much larger range of things, are not in themselves a factor, as evidenced by Hanako's crippling social phobia etc. In regards to healthy students, they do take them but it's implied that they don't get subsidised with their tuition. So it'd be damn expensive.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!