Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness

Post by Mirage_GSM »

In the VN Misha calls Hideaki Hideaki, but if you insist on her usng a nickname here, you should keep it consistent...

In other news it took me a while to figure out that Jigoro didn't rob the nearest hardware store ^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Hoitash wrote:...What in the name of Love Live!'s costumes did I just read?

Whatever it was, it was awesome :D.
DanjaDoom wrote: Also, a bit shout out to all of the television shows I stole jokes from paid homage to.
Aren't all writers word pirates in some form or another?

Although you'd think being a pirate would pay better (oh right, pirates rarely stole valuable stuff that they didn't need to not die. Dang history channel...)

Also: myrmidon.

I am now imagining Misha attacking Troy and slaughtering Trojans beside Achilles :). Preferably with a very large hammer.
We're all filthy pirates. The sooner we accept that the happier we'll be.

And if I take any more gummy vitamin/iced mocha speedballs I may just incorporate a city-destroying Misha into the story.
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey-Sanic
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Mirage_GSM wrote:In the VN Misha calls Hideaki Hideaki, but if you insist on her usng a nickname here, you should keep it consistent...

In other news it took me a while to figure out that Jigoro didn't rob the nearest hardware store ^^°
Nah, he thinks physical stealing is for poor people. Stealing cable, on the other hand, is the way of the future.
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Were you drunk when you wrote this? :?

Sorry, but there is no way I can like this chapter. :(
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

OtakuNinja wrote:Were you drunk when you wrote this? :?

I'm sorry to hear that, Otaku ;_;

What, specifically, did you not like about it?

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Hoitash wrote:Sex and the City
My entire perception of you has changed...

In other news, I just caught up on this, reading through the entire golfing escapade and the new cable fiasco this-evening while I'm stalling at publishing my new chapter. My only issue is that this latest chapter seems altogether implausible in a realistic sense, but, after your Halloween chapter, this actually isn't terribly unexpected. There's no telling how strange the world around Yamaku really is, after all, since it's its own little world. There really could be over-funded military organizations bent on ridding the world of petty cable thieves, they just weren't mentioned in the VN because it wasn't necessary for the narrative.

I think Hoitash will agree, the world of KS could have any number of ridiculous sub-plots that never saw the light of day simply because they were a departure from the intent of the original fiction (he's written a few).

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the cable caper.
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

I don't think there is need to over-analyze piece that is clearly comedic. No one cares if it is realistic as long as it is funny.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

DanjaDoom wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Were you drunk when you wrote this? :?

I'm sorry to hear that, Otaku ;_;

What, specifically, did you not like about it?
First of all, no matter how many times I read it, I didn't understand the point of this chapter. There might be some American humor that made this chapter enjoyable to the others, but if so, I didn't get it. Most people were out of character, and the sudden arrival of the military was, in my opinion, very confusing. :?
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

OtakuNinja wrote:First of all, no matter how many times I read it, I didn't understand the point of this chapter. There might be some American humor that made this chapter enjoyable to the others, but if so, I didn't get it. Most people were out of character, and the sudden arrival of the military was, in my opinion, very confusing. :?
This is crackfic.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Mader Levap wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:First of all, no matter how many times I read it, I didn't understand the point of this chapter. There might be some American humor that made this chapter enjoyable to the others, but if so, I didn't get it. Most people were out of character, and the sudden arrival of the military was, in my opinion, very confusing. :?
This is crackfic.
This chapter is crap.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I'l like to say that this was pretty good. Not absolutely hilarious like the others, but still pretty good. I'd like to say that. But first, Danja, you have to tell me that this is not going to be the "epic finale". That this isn't an attempt to end the series by putting the cast in some astronomically implausible situation that doesn't fit the tone of the series at all while not providing any real closure. Please, please tell me this is just another wacky Hakamichi family adventure and not like the "Hey Arnold" movie. Tell me it is not so, and I will say to you that this was pretty good.

On a completely unrelated note, what route is Hisao in during all this? It may have been answered earlier but I haven't read this front-to-back in months.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

My personal vote is for dream sequence, but that's just me.

I wonder if Kenji will make a Rambo-style entrance at some point...
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:That this isn't an attempt to end the series by putting the cast in some astronomically implausible situation that doesn't fit the tone of the series at all while not providing any real closure.
You don't want him to "Seinfeld" it, I gather?

It seems more like he's having fun throwing the characters at a ridiculous situation. However, I will mention that Danja has every right to end the series whenever he wants, and in whichever way he desires. If this is how he decides to end it, I'd be more concerned with never seeing another episode than bickering about how it ended.
Hoitash wrote:I wonder if Kenji will make a Rambo-style entrance at some point...
You just want someone else to make Kenji an action hero to validate your 100,000+ word opus(that number may be inaccurate, I haven't counted).

I kid, I kid. What I should be doing is reading through the last 10+ parts in H&K:MD because I've been a slouch and haven't cracked it open since December...
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:I'l like to say that this was pretty good. Not absolutely hilarious like the others, but still pretty good. I'd like to say that. But first, Danja, you have to tell me that this is not going to be the "epic finale". That this isn't an attempt to end the series by putting the cast in some astronomically implausible situation that doesn't fit the tone of the series at all while not providing any real closure. Please, please tell me this is just another wacky Hakamichi family adventure and not like the "Hey Arnold" movie. Tell me it is not so, and I will say to you that this was pretty good.

On a completely unrelated note, what route is Hisao in during all this? It may have been answered earlier but I haven't read this front-to-back in months.
I said earlier in the thread that Hisao wound up with Hanako and that they're vacationing, and Lilly by some off chance decided to not go to Scotland and stay behind with Akira. Of course, I may or may not have been making that up off of the top of my head, but you can take that as canon if you wish.

And no, this won't be the grand finale.

DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Mader Levap wrote:
This is crackfic.
Spot on, chap.