Lilly "Bittersweet" neutral end continuation

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Oddball

Re: Lilly "Bittersweet" neutral end continuation

Post by Oddball »

It's not so much a lie as misleading action.
She started a relationshipwith him, not mentioning that she would dump him a few weeks later anyway.
That of course is assuming she had made up hr mind to leave at that point. Heck, I don't even think that they outright state that she had been told to come back to Scotland permanently at that point.
Not Dead Yet
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Oddball wrote:
It's not so much a lie as misleading action.
She started a relationshipwith him, not mentioning that she would dump him a few weeks later anyway.
That of course is assuming she had made up hr mind to leave at that point. Heck, I don't even think that they outright state that she had been told to come back to Scotland permanently at that point.
She knew she'd been summoned. She damn well should've made up her mind about what she was gonna do before hopping into bed with someone all serious-like. She probably should've clued him in as well so he wouldn't be blindsided when she finally made her decision. Because that's, y'know, considerate and stuff.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

Like I told you in the thread, this was a really nice short story, Vaer. I enjoyed it.

I realize this may not be substantiated by anything in the game, but as I played Lilly's route, the sequence of events, in my head at least, were;

#1 Lilly goes to Scotland
#2 Lilly is asked by parents to move to Scotland and thinks about it
#3 Lilly returns to Scotland, Hokaido, Lilly realizes how important Hisao is to her
#4 Relationship begins, Lilly has not made up her mind on Scotland
#5 Relationship continues, Lilly still unsure about Scotland, does not talk to Hisao about it
#6 Hisao finds out about Scotland from Akira, confronts Lilly. His blase attitude makes her think that he is all right with her leaving and she decides to do so.

Lilly loves Hisao, but she took his acceptance of her leaving as a sign that this was only a high school romance, nothing more. She couldn't choose that over her family and left. His efforts in the Good End show her how important the relationship was to him as well.
I may be totally wrong here, but that's the impression I was left with as things unfolded. While Lilly should absolutely have talked to Hisao about Scotland before Akira did, I can't really fault her for her hesitation.

I mean, last time a girl had a serious heart to heart with Hisao, he had a heart attack.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

During the whole storyline, Lilly has always been shown to be an exceptionally good judge of character, especially where Hisao is concerned. There is no way she would have interpreted his reaction as "blasé acceptance"
At the time Hisao confronts her, it is only a few days until she finally leaves. Even Akira knew she would be leaving. That's why she decided to clue in Hisao.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think we're straying a bit. Let's leave the canon discussion to the main forums and keep this topic about the guy's story.
Not Dead Yet
Vaer

Post by Vaer »

Oddball wrote:I think we're straying a bit. Let's leave the canon discussion to the main forums and keep this topic about the guy's story.
To be fair, the two are directly connected. Can't really have the 'story' I posted without the discussion topic at hand.
Katawa Shoujo has no hard answers, only questions and tasteful sweater vests.
Stupid pastebin. I'm only linking you because you need it, not because I want to.
In Transit
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Vaer wrote:
Oddball wrote:I think we're straying a bit. Let's leave the canon discussion to the main forums and keep this topic about the guy's story.
To be fair, the two are directly connected. Can't really have the 'story' I posted without the discussion topic at hand.
Sure we can. You wrote the story, it's your call.

You want to say that Lilly had already decided to leave him, that's what happened in your story.

You want to say she hadn't decided? Your choice.

You want to say that Lilly was trying to figure out a way to convince Hisao to follow her to Scotland, we can go with that too.

You want to say it was all a complicated attempt at murder by giving him a heart attack in a way that nobody would ever expect... well, you're going to have to work a bit for that one....
Not Dead Yet
Vaer

Post by Vaer »

Oddball wrote:You want to say it was all a complicated attempt at murder by giving him a heart attack in a way that nobody would ever expect... well, you're going to have to work a bit for that one....
Well, writing a yandere Lilly would be pretty... interesting. It might give her character some... well, character.
Katawa Shoujo has no hard answers, only questions and tasteful sweater vests.
Stupid pastebin. I'm only linking you because you need it, not because I want to.
In Transit
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Hisao- "So, what made you decide to come back, Lilly?"
Lilly- "I'm pregnant."
:mrgreen:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Considering this takes place during the graduation, she wouldn't be pregnant anymore...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kayo12

Post by Kayo12 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Considering this takes place during the graduation, she wouldn't be pregnant anymore...
Cue Akira holding the baby;
"WHAT DID I FUCKING SAY!?"
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Considering this takes place during the graduation, she wouldn't be pregnant anymore...
I didn't say it was Hisao's. :wink: With Hisao having left her sex drive switched on the gardener knocked her up so her loving parents abandoned her yet again.