-

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Doomish

-

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
Total Destruction

Re: Mirror, Mirror [Hanako]

Post by Total Destruction »

Goddamn it, I've been trying to leave my house for like an hour and all I do is get sucked into fanfiction, and then YOU post this awesome, adorable story right when I'm about to head out.

:D

Dig that short-haired Hanako. Somehow even more heart-rending than normal, but still cute as a charred button.
... Danger.
ThoughtLock

Post by ThoughtLock »

Doomish never fails to please. Excellent as always, and the picture at the end really helped me visualize everything. Considering the huge curtain of hair that she had before, the new haircut is a welcome change. I really enjoyed this one, and, while your gory stuff is amazing too, it's nice to see a change of pace once in a while. If you decide to extend this past a one-shot, I'd love to see more. Great work man.
Shizune>Lilly=Emi>Hanako=Rin. I wish the ranking system weren't so difficult. It's not that I particularly dislike any of them, so they're really hard to rank.

Current Work: Nothing but a Broken Man
BlackRockHanako

Post by BlackRockHanako »

I remember reading a story exactly like this a while ago, by CrossRook I think.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

BlackRockHanako wrote:I remember reading a story exactly like this a while ago, by CrossRook I think.
It's not a unique concept, I'm sure. I'm definitely not the only person who's thought about this, and probably not the only one who's written about it either.
Elcor

Post by Elcor »

Beautifully written, I would say more but I can't think of the words to convey them correctly.
Fan Fiction writer's are drug dealers and they don't even know it.
Henry Spencer

Post by Henry Spencer »

I guess I missed this storytime. Sad panda.

Great stuff, as usual. I chuckled at the Mount reference. :V
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I might be incorrect in thinking so, and I don't fancy rereading it to check, but that line about the first but always being the hardest reminded me of Cutter. Other than that, I did enjoy reading this one. Misha was the perfect person to play the foil to Hanako, both in demeanour and due to the parallel of the haircut-therapy (whether referring to brown hair -> drills, or drill -> soccer Barbie). The image at the end really helped too. Did you draw that or was it from the Shimmie? Either way it's a nice picture (though it could do to have that frown tuned upside down. Hanako would be totally babein' if she were more confident). Once again, Doomish, your capacity to create astounds me.
Cheers, BlackWaltz.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Demoneq

Post by Demoneq »

I admit to have skipped some of the descriptions of Hanako cutting her hair, as they weren't that interesting for me.
Overall story is a nice read, though, and Misha got me to smile a bit. :)
CrossRook

Post by CrossRook »

An interesting take on this subject, I like how you handled Hanako's internal conflict. Too many writers struggle with that, either making her just a shy girl or focusing on her stuttering as a way to convey her internal situation. I think I'm guilty of that myself. And as usual, your Misha is impeccable.

For those interested, the picture was drawn by Twrlare http://twrlare.deviantart.com/, though I'm forgetting who colored it right now.
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

Author: Doomish

Scene: Hanako looking at herself in the mirror with self doubts about her appearance holding scissors

RUH-ROH

*reads rest*

Okay, no self mutilation *wipes away sweat beads from forehead*
Last edited by lolawesome on Sat May 26, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
Hacksorus

Post by Hacksorus »

If there are two things that make fanfiction instantly good for me, it's if it's Hanako, or the author is Doomish.
Thank you for making my day.
And hey, look! No body horror! :lol:
Discord: Snowman#0476
Doomish

-

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elcor

Re: Mirror, Mirror [Hanako] [Updated 5/26]

Post by Elcor »

*slow clap* Wonderful.

Not to take away from this but for some reason I pictured Hanako lip-syncing and dancing around to "Holding Out for a Hero" while cooking a meal, and I don't know why.
Fan Fiction writer's are drug dealers and they don't even know it.
nemz

Re: Mirror, Mirror [Hanako] [Updated 5/26]

Post by nemz »

Misha has an entire drawer full of gay pride... that she never dears to wear. Damn, that's a sad little moment.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly