The Haunting: A Love Story *UPDATED 02/26/2015*

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Megumeru

Re: The Haunting: A Love Story *UPDATED 02/26/2015*

Post by Megumeru »

My laptop didn't 'crash', it more or less imploded and started smoking^^;

It was an old one, almost 5-6 years, so it's close to that time I should retire it.
nemz wrote:either Shizune really is a bad ghost and Misha is also being manipulated, or else shouldn't she be well aware of what has happened and that Shizune can't seem to get Hisao's attention anymore?

You're getting somewhere :D

But that is for me to know, and for you to find out! :)
nemz wrote:the ending is worded a little strangely. Perhaps "You're not the only person who can see Shichan." instead?
Ah, that was a direct translation from my own tongue^^;

I usually write it in Japanese first then an English rewrite. The original one is 「君だけじゃない。。。シーチャン見えるの」

But that other one does sound better. Thank you!

="mirage_GSM"I wonder why Misha didn't call him out on his lie earlier if she's been able to see Shizune all the time. Hmm… I'd have to reread previous chapters in this light…
Misha can't see Shizune--or can she? :mrgreen:

I'm unable to do an edit atm and is doing it using my phone as a medium--other than that, I have to rely on manga/internet cafes to write (which cost me). I'll do the edits in this week.

If everything went well, I should be able to get the next one out by the end of March or so :D
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Strikezone

Post by Strikezone »

Still too spooky for me. I don't know what it is... but I keep getting this skin crawling feeling when I read this.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Strikezone wrote:Still too spooky for me. I don't know what it is... but I keep getting this skin crawling feeling when I read this.
Your friend/girlfriend died, came back to you as a ghost one day then suddenly--without warning--tries to take you along for the trip.

Yup, guess I got it right :D

No worries, ACT IV will be less scary--probably :mrgreen:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
monkeywitha6pack

Post by monkeywitha6pack »

The same thing happened to me, my laptop decided it hated me and stopped working so I lost a few months of ability to work on my fic, making it very difficult to pick back up months later
Wahahaha~.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That was a fun little romp. I really didn't predict it going the way it went, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There were a few instances that temporarily threw me from the story, such as Lilly's confession seemingly coming out of nowhere, and how everyone was okay to not only write off Jigoro assaulting Hisao as a minor incident best forgotten, but allowing him back on the school grounds at all was pushing it.

I did find it somewhat amusing that when taking over the student council, Hisao actually became a worse person for the job than Shizune had been. I seriously hated the guy for that part. Especially how he was getting on to others about only joining because of their love interest. Hypocrite much? I also don't get how he was able to get away with attacking a student with no real repercussions.

I was slightly disappointed at first that the story had never actually had it's proper ending, but on further thought... I think I might like it that way. It's like the last sting in a horror movie before the screen fades to black and credits roll. Just when you think everything has been resolved ...
Not Dead Yet