Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

YOTC

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

Post by YOTC »

Panthour wrote:
AlexFDSR wrote:Iwanako, the only girl that gets less attention than her is Suzu.
I would say that Suzu is written about far more nowadays (The Suzu routes have basically given her a fanon personality), Iwanako has always simply been a device to get Hisao to Yamaku. That is why she is so hard to write about, and why I greatly respect the people that take a risk and do it.

:)
Given that one of the fanfic's involving her is written by a 4leaf member... I consider that one head cannon. Snoozu is awesome.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Given that one of the fanfic's involving her is written by a 4leaf member... I consider that one head cannon...
Oohhh...
I sure hope we're not supposed to consider all fanfictions written by 4LS members to be canon... That would be... pedagogically inappropriate...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Given that one of the fanfic's involving her is written by a 4leaf member... I consider that one head cannon...
Oohhh...
I sure hope we're not supposed to consider all fanfictions written by 4LS members to be canon... That would be... pedagogically inappropriate...
Haha! Yes, that one in particular. Also, most of them are merely experiments, and many of them have been declared non-canon or not-necessarily-canon.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
YOTC

Post by YOTC »

I'm honestly surprised that this many people are still visiting the ks forums so long after the game was said and done. It had a hell of an impact on my life but that was like 5 years ago at this point.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

PurpleCow wrote: KS is old and dying, it would be natural to assume that people get caught up newer with more important things.
Heck, I forgot about KS for years. The FF I started a few years ago is still sitting in my Word folder, waiting to be finished.
YOTC wrote:I'm honestly surprised that this many people are still visiting the ks forums so long after the game was said and done. It had a hell of an impact on my life but that was like 5 years ago at this point.
Don't worry, KS isn't going anywhere; I'm sure it will continue to attract new fans for years to come. Although, to be honest, this fic is pretty much the only reason I still visit this forum any more.
brythain wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
Oohhh...
Haha! Yes, that one in particular. Also, most of them are merely experiments, and many of them have been declared non-canon or not-necessarily-canon.
Dare I ask what that one is?
Leaty wrote:My headcanon of bhtooefr's headcanon is that it's all in continuity with Cormac McCarthy's The Road and nothing in the VN matters because everybody's gonna die in, like, a year.
brythain

Post by brythain »

slartibartfast wrote:Dare I ask what that one is?
The first rule of Fanfic Club is that we do not... oh, wait, oops.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

brythain wrote:
The first rule of Fanfic Club is that we do not... oh, wait, oops.
Well, it's too late now. I've seen worse.
Leaty wrote:My headcanon of bhtooefr's headcanon is that it's all in continuity with Cormac McCarthy's The Road and nothing in the VN matters because everybody's gonna die in, like, a year.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

This one. (Warning: Once you read it, you can't unread it.)
Although when it comes to plumbing the depraved depths of Aura's mind, I prefer this one.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

emmjay wrote:This one. (Warning: Once you read it, you can't unread it.)
Thanks, although brythain already managed to point me in the right direction.
I wish I could say it surprised me, but I saw that ending from a mile away. (The title helped.)
emmjay wrote:Although when it comes to plumbing the depraved depths of Aura's mind, I prefer this one.
Well, that was... interesting. It may not be the most twisted thing I've read, but it certainly goes beyond what I'm accustomed to. Has Aura written anything that could be described as "normal", or is it all like this?
brythain

Post by brythain »

slartibartfast wrote:Has Aura written anything that could be described as "normal", or is it all like this?
It's all well-written language-wise, but clearly demonstrates a... heterochromic perception? :)

Edit: I just realised that Natsume doesn't substantively appear in this fic at all. I wonder how she and Iwanako would get along...
PurpleCow

Post by PurpleCow »

brythain wrote:
slartibartfast wrote:Has Aura written anything that could be described as "normal", or is it all like this?
It's all well-written language-wise, but clearly demonstrates a... heterochromic perception? :)

Edit: I just realised that Natsume doesn't substantively appear in this fic at all. I wonder how she and Iwanako would get along...
Fan fics seem to revolve around Suzu, Molly, or Miki being the romanic interests, and Taro and Akio usually being the dopey supporting male cast.
It's a shame really, I think there is potential of Naomi and Natsume of being the antithesis of the student council.
I like to imagine them coming up with elaborate, and questionable, schemes to find a good story for the school Newspaper.
I can't be the only one who has though about this.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Are Naomi and Natsume those two girls from the journalism club? I don't really remember these things. Many of these characters are so minor that any fic involving them would effectively turn them into OCs.
AlexFDSR

Post by AlexFDSR »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Oohhh...
I was so close to getting that out of my head... damn.
If Iwanako had a route, would the tagline be "Can you find it in your heart?"
DawnCloud

Post by DawnCloud »

I can't believe it took me this long to get round to doing this, considering I've been following MTtB for years now, but I just wanted to say this is easily one of my favourite KS fics, and I hope you'll be able to update again soon, circumstances willing. In the meantime though, thank you very much for this story.
Adalwuulf

Post by Adalwuulf »

I am REAL late to the KS party, only really playing it for the first time about 1 month ago, and man, the game had such a profound effect on me. After exhausting as much content I could from the game itself, I have come to the forums searching for more content to satiate my need of KS material, and while this is still one of my first fanfics that I am reading, it truly is great! I love the perspective change from Hisao into a much more real feeling character, props to you for taking on the challenge of reworking the story to incorporate Iwanako :). Just wanted to share my thoughts (in fact, this story inspired me to create and account and not just lurk!) and give thanks for providing an enthralling spin on the KS universe.