Jake Zero

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

Post by Jake Zero »

Why?
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake Zero

Post by Jake Zero »

I'm not a dick. Why would you treat me as though I was?
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Jake Zero wrote:I'm not a dick. Why would you treat me as though I was?
Jake, since you joined this thread, you've been quite tactless and inconsiderate. To be frank, you have come across as a bit of a dick, even if you didn't mean to. We are trying to have a discussion that is pleasant for everyone involved, and you really aren't helping.
Leaty wrote:My headcanon of bhtooefr's headcanon is that it's all in continuity with Cormac McCarthy's The Road and nothing in the VN matters because everybody's gonna die in, like, a year.
Jake Zero

Post by Jake Zero »

I didn't mean to piss anybody off. I may come off as tactless and inconsiderate as you say, slartibartfast, but, in truth, while I do admit I am tactless, I am not inconsiderate. Speaking of, brythain, I'm sorry for purposefully offending you. I was very tired that night and my brain wasn't functioning properly. :oops: I take full blame. Regardless, when you just tell me that, it just makes me feel like Emi when she was told off by Iwanako (nicely written scene, by the way, Leaty). It just hurts me because you are all attacking for an offense I didn't intend to make. :( Also due to me being tired and not that well observant. :oops: Regardless, all I'm saying is that don't hate me just for a Freudian Slip. To add, I also have a bit of a temper, kinda like brythain, hence the apology. Long story short, I am sorry for all the misdeeds I have done. I will also apologize for any future mistakes I will do.
YOTC

Post by YOTC »

Stop feeding the troll.
brythain

Post by brythain »

YOTC wrote:Stop feeding the troll.
Me, I have a temper? Who woulda thunk it? :shock:
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
vdawg1337

Post by vdawg1337 »

Will Iwanako get a Dear Jane letter from Hisao?
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

vdawg1337 wrote:Will Iwanako get a Dear Jane letter from Hisao?
Doubtful, IMO. At the start of the story, it's made very clear that Iwanako officially ended her involvement with Hisao, something which the man himself accepted. There isn't the same lack of closure that (probably) prompted Iwanako to send her letter in the VN.

That's just my thoughts, though.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

Alpacalypse wrote:
vdawg1337 wrote:Will Iwanako get a Dear Jane letter from Hisao?
Doubtful, IMO. At the start of the story, it's made very clear that Iwanako officially ended her involvement with Hisao, something which the man himself accepted. There isn't the same lack of closure that (probably) prompted Iwanako to send her letter in the VN.

That's just my thoughts, though.
Really? I think it's quite likely, actually. After all, much of MTtB is essentially a mirrored version of the same events Hisao himself goes through. My guess is that Leaty won't be able to resist the dynamics and the weird juxtaposition of Hisao's final letter to Iwanako. But then, that won't be for a looooong time, since we're only about halfway through act 1.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

Blank Mage wrote:I think it's quite likely, actually. After all, much of MTtB is essentially a mirrored version of the same events Hisao himself goes through. My guess is that Leaty won't be able to resist the dynamics and the weird juxtaposition of Hisao's final letter to Iwanako. But then, that won't be for a looooong time, since we're only about halfway through act 1.
I thought about that a little, but I just don't see Hisao having the same motivation to write the letter as Iwanako did. The issues between those two seem to be done with in this story, more or less.

Of course, I may be completely wrong, I just can't come up with a plausible explanation for him wanting to write it. Unless it would be Iwanako that writes the letter. Hrrrmmmm. I dunno, speculating wildly at this point.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Leaty wrote:
Blank Mage wrote:we're only about halfway through act 1.
Incorrect.
Seeing as the festival is only a day away, would I be correct in thinking that that it's more like 90%?
Leaty wrote:My headcanon of bhtooefr's headcanon is that it's all in continuity with Cormac McCarthy's The Road and nothing in the VN matters because everybody's gonna die in, like, a year.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk »

Leaty wrote: The reason why I bring this up, tying the side discussion of The Royal Trap and our discussion of Hisao's shortcomings together, is that I consider two OELVNs in particular to have adopted KS' formula and ironed out the kinks inherent to stock VN protagonists—The Royal Trap and Date Warp, both games written by Georgina Bensley. Like, structurally, both of those games are practically identical to Katawa Shoujo; the only major difference is that each route in those games is only two acts long, rather than four. (Well, for tRT there's a larger number of listed chapters, but each one is only about as long as the chapters in the movie Clerks.) In practically every other sense other than setting, though, they're otome game versions of KS.
I'm currently downloading both games on Steam due to your praise of them. They are currently on offer and cost just over £10, a bargain I think. Especially since Royal Trap was £15 til today I believe. Steam sales can be a major blessing at times. Just wanted to mention since I'm really looking forward to playing both games and seeing for myself how good they are.
"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.