Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 11/20/2013}

Post by Blank Mage »

I wonder if the page wasn't angry at me for having the edit on too long. I was writing between Dota 2 rounds.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
Blank Mage

Post by Blank Mage »

Right then, I can stop there. I dislike how often I start a comment with "Iwanako", but it seems ridiculous to write all the Katawa Shoujo tropes over again. I'll figure it all out later. Oh, and there was no chucklefuck, it turns out pages below a minimum amount of content qualify as 'stubs' and are cut automatically after a weeks time or so. Stealing that term though. Chucklefuck is hilarious.
And we're back.
-----------
"I think you just did."
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Leaty wrote:I still plan to have a chapter done by New Year's, but since my beta's gonna be preoccupied, I'm going to have to do all the quality control myself, which is going to be kind of arduous and shitty.
Well, we'll see how preoccupied I am. I don't know how well editing on an iPad instead of my laptop will be, but we can see.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Nobody makes a tropes reference to my stuff... I wonder whether I should be sad or thankful for that...
OutofBlues

Post by OutofBlues »

Helbereth wrote:Nobody makes a tropes reference to my stuff... I wonder whether I should be sad or thankful for that...
That is because they haven't finished reading the monster that is Tomorrow's Doom. :p
Bad Apple

Post by Bad Apple »

Blank Mage wrote:Right then, I can stop there. I dislike how often I start a comment with "Iwanako", but it seems ridiculous to write all the Katawa Shoujo tropes over again. I'll figure it all out later.
Dude, no need to doublepost; that's what the edit button is for.

As for the TVTropes entry, I noticed it mostly details the last two chapters but hardly anything before it. At least most of them are not chiefly about Iwanako's ICE-COLD BURN on poor Emi anymore.

Anyway, here's hoping the new chapter is well proofed and ready to go despite busy schedules. (On holiday too, that's really shitty.) Here's one time I wouldn't mind being a backup beta (technically alpha) reader, having free holidays, but it looks like you all got it under control. Here's hoping.
"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."
— Horace Traubel
Blank Mage

Post by Blank Mage »

Bad Apple wrote:As for the TVTropes entry, I noticed it mostly details the last two chapters but hardly anything before it. At least most of them are not chiefly about Iwanako's ICE-COLD BURN on poor Emi anymore.
I'll admit, I was working my way back and didn't get as far as I predicted. Holidays and whatnot. I'm also a big fan of epic verbal beatdowns, so I'm partial to getting those down first. Again, I'll put more work into a well-balanced page later. Eventually. Probably.
And we're back.
-----------
"I think you just did."
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Another fic crossed off my backlog. I hadn't realised this fic had been in progress for so long; it's certainly a testament to your father's teachings that you're still chipping away at it over a year on, and in such spectacular fashion. That being said, there's not much that I feel I can say that either hasn't already been said or goes beyond "this is good pls continue". With the plot being as undeveloped as it is right now - proportionally speaking, mind you; I don't mean to imply that your writing is lacking in development, only that, relative to the theoretical course of the story as a whole, a small fraction has currently been written - perhaps it's too early to form judgements.

However, I will note that your writing has unquestionably moved me to make the most of my dictionaries - never have I learned so many new words in such a short space of time. Not even the many discussions I've had with ProfAllister have induced such a feeling of learnedness, which is certainly an achievement to behold. It actually caused me to remember a fancy-ass word I learned once, and I'm left with a yearning to use it (pulchritudinous, in case you were wondering). Educational fanfics; who'd have thunk it?

Evidently that pre-New Years chapter goal has fallen through, but I am not wont to complain. Rather, since beta-reading seems to be (in part) reason for delay, I'd like to offer my assistance in that regard; if you're interested in it, of course. In any case, I'm eagerly anticipating what further developments lie ahead for Miss Daidouji.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I'm back from my vacation and fully ready to edit.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Blank Mage

Post by Blank Mage »

Sooooo.... update?
And we're back.
-----------
"I think you just did."
UltimateShammer

Post by UltimateShammer »

Blank Mage wrote:Sooooo.... update?
One would have thought so, but 6 days seems to speak otherwise.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost, like tears in the rain. Time... to die.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reese8

Post by Reese8 »

Oh dear! Sorry about that. I'm glad that you're doing better.
Frosticle

Post by Frosticle »

Dang, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon!
Now we rise,
And we are everywhere.