Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Leaty

Re: Mean Time to Breakdown — (Iwanako, Divergence){u 10/20/2

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

I suppose it's only within other fanfic that it's mentioned, but would clubs have a minimum membership to exist? Student Council being an exception; that has to exist.

Then again, if people want to get together for the "Sit Under The Big Tree In Front Of The Dorm After Class" club, who's going to stop them?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leaty

Scene Twelve

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.
AntonSlavik020

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 11/20/2013}

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Great chapter! I don't have a whole lot to say, except that you are the master of cliff hangers. This is at least the second very good one in this story. I can't wait for the conversation between Iwanako and Lilly. I can't help but feel they will get along well.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

I place the thousand curses of my Irish ancestors upon thee, you magnificent, glorious bastard. This chapter was incredible and well worth the wait. I'd wish I had a time machine so i could jump to when this story was finished, but then I wouldn't get to have the experience of being a "regular" :P

I await the next chapter with bated breath.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Wow, I think Emi can now have twice the anal she could have before, with how Iwanako tore her a new one. Shame she's not on the track team any more, and therefore can't use the shed. :P

And, she really deserved that.

Looking forward to how you handle Hanako and Lilly here.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Haha! Take that emi!
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

How are you any different from a drunk driver who only feels bad after he finally spins out and murders half a family?
Ouch!
I can't wait for the conversation between Iwanako and Lilly. I can't help but feel they will get along well.
You think so? I can't really picture Lilly getting along with someone as jaded as Iwanako is right now...
Great chapter again. I'd say you hit Emi's character perfectly.
I was a bit surprised Iwanako was starting to regret her words so soon. Makes me hope they'll still make out up sometime in the future when she's calmed down more. I actually think the two of them might have gotten along quite well if it hadn't been for the incident. Iwanako might just need someone as chipper as Emi to pull her from her depression.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

I don't see any problem with Hanako suddenly popping up for a visit. Almost expected it actually. The different sort of encounter Iwanako has with her (compared to Hisao) is enough to convince me that there could be a very different dynamic going on. That's the sort of thing I love about this story, to be completely honest. All the ways in which Iwanako is not simply a genderswapped Hisao.

If anything, what surprises me is that Lilly is also there. Though one could probably chalk that up to Hanako not wanting to venture into the city (or wherever that hospital is) on her own.

Also, I imagine Emi must be absolutely devastated. Not only because she was thoroughly chewed out by Iwanako, but because she was forced off the track team. No more Emi at her Emiest.

Also also, how do you forbid someone from attending a festival?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Also also, how do you forbid someone from attending a festival?
Easy. Confine her to her room on that day.
Also, I imagine Emi must be absolutely devastated. Not only because she was thoroughly chewed out by Iwanako, but because she was forced off the track team. No more Emi at her Emiest.
No, Iwanako's accusations probably hit her much harder, especially since they are completely justified and probably hit a sore spot as well.
Being taken off the track team doesn't mean she isn't allowed to run anymore - it would be hard to forbid anyone from doing that - just that she can't participate in competitions.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

This kills the Emi.

Excellent chapter, poor Emi got obliterated in that room :(
No matter how you look at the delivery, Iwanako's message does contain some truths. Emi's behavior simply was extremely negligence considering the school she's at.

Still man, while I can totally emphasize with Iwanako's outburst, there was obviously no real malicious intent with this attempt of an apology. Emi was even very honest (don't know if necessarily on purpose) and admitted that she's almost screwed up before and got cautioned many times. That didn't help matters here though obviously, neither did some other choices of words.

Coping with all this, especially knowing that Iwanako's accusations are true, will be tough. Doubt she can run that off anytime soon... Doesn't help that Rin probably isn't the best at consolation and I imagine part of the student body is going to antagonize her for her actions. Almost killing another student out of negligence, uh oh. That probably doesn't go well.

Well, I must imagine there is still much to come with Iwanako and Emi. Iwanako feels bad for her outburst, even if kinda justified, and the both of them would probably try to avoid ever running (pun intended) into on another from now on. So I'll look forward to see how this conflict evolves. Unless suddenly Iwanako's dad becomes furious knowing about all this and demands Emi's expulsion and that's that?!? Who knows!

Also man, that must be a terrible feeling for Meiko, waiting outside and listening to her daughter getting chewed on like this, uh oh.

I'm curious about Hanako's and LIlly's appearance, but since so far you keep delivering I'll expect this to make sense. Cannot exactly remember how her encounter with Hanako went, so I'll have to reread that.
Reese8

Post by Reese8 »

Ah, the Emi introduction!
"The would-be Destroyer of my World."
Well, the second Emi introduction. Yeah, not a very good first impression there…

"nacreous"
Yay, it's back!

And the probability of an Emi route just jumped off a cliff, not that that was too terribly unexpected.

"What was that back there? When have I ever been so wantonly callous?

I’ve never lost my temper like that before. Never in my entire life. I usually can’t even raise my own voice without feeling self-conscious. And yet… that just happened. I completely exploded at a total stranger, in the most crass way possible. It’s like… like I don’t even know who I am anymore."
Well, um, to be fair, she did nearly kill you. Not deliberately, sure, but "through extreme negligence" isn't exactly a free pass.

"Nothing short of a total disaster would ever make me come back."
"go back", I think it ought to be.

Hee, and the probability of Stonefish* Stoneflower is climbing! :D

Oh, and the Lilly meeting, too.

Aaaand that's the end of the chapter. The responsible part of me is relieved, as I have homework that I really ought to be doing, but most of me much prefers reading this to working PDEs. :)
Kyler Thatch wrote:The different sort of encounter Iwanako has with her (compared to Hisao) is enough to convince me that there could be a very different dynamic going on.
Right; I still think that that's not just important but pivotal.
Blasphemy wrote:I'm curious about Hanako's and LIlly's appearance, but since so far you keep delivering I'll expect this to make sense. Cannot exactly remember how her encounter with Hanako went, so I'll have to reread that.
Iwanako, having no idea that the prevailing opinion was that Hanako ought to be handled with kid gloves if at all, walked right up to her and asked her for help.

*edited to correct wrong name
Last edited by Reese8 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Stonefish as a ship name would mean that Iwanako would practice self-love.

Surely you mean Stoneflower? ;)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Emi deserved it. She should be happy they did not expelled her on spot (for sure Nurse doing - he did everything he could to prevent that). Mentioning drunk driver would be a little too much, if Iwanako knew about it, but well. Accidental obliteration is accidental.
Presence of Hanako and Lilly IS surprising. Wonder what business they have? Do they know about obliteration of Emi? Will see how it goes.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!