Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Leaty

Re: Mean Time to Breakdown — (Iwanako, Divergence){u 10/20/2

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

I wonder where are you going with this fic. No Lilly yet, but apparently she will meet her if she becomes friends with Hanako, Rin was met when Misha asks Hisao to go grab supplies, but Shizune hates Iwanako, so the chances of meeting Rin are hard. Emi, well...
“this was… something of a wake-up call for some of us. Believe me, it will never happen again.”
She will probably be expelled, unless Nurse intervenes o.o

But there are also your OC. I'm looking forward to the next chapter :)
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

sanduba wrote:I wonder where are you going with this fic. No Lilly yet, but apparently she will meet her if she becomes friends with Hanako, Rin was met when Misha asks Hisao to go grab supplies, but Shizune hates Iwanako, so the chances of meeting Rin are hard. Emi, well...
“this was… something of a wake-up call for some of us. Believe me, it will never happen again.”
She will probably be expelled, unless Nurse intervenes o.o

But there are also your OC. I'm looking forward to the next chapter :)
I'll bet you the nurse is going to cover up the whole thing. In fact iwanako wasn't hit in the head when she fell it was the nurse making sure she'll stay at the hospital until he could silently assassinate her and make it look like an accident
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

hahaha wtf man
Best story:

best girl:

Eh, that's my opinion.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Leaty wrote:I can think of no better way to convince Kenji that Iwanako was the Leon Trotsky of the Feminists.
Trotsky?! Where?!
I heard Mexico was nice this time of the year
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Leaty wrote:“this was… something of a wake-up call for some of us. Believe me, it will never happen again.”
Huh. Well, considering that safety is one of big selling points of Yamaku I can already see it will make rather large stink.

I cannot see Emi avoiding expellation, even taking in account her relationship with Nurse. Too much public scrutiny. How school would explain to journalists why Emi still attend school like nothing happened?

This could get really interesting. By that I mean really messy. :3
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Well it's really hard to anticipate what would happen in such a situation if a student were to cause a near fatal accident for another student.

First of all I simply have no idea what the Japanese law would say in cases like this. Then there's also the higher expectancy of a student death in Yamaku. I mean it's not like Emi outright killed someone by running into them, instead she triggered the condition of that person.

On the other hand, rules against corridor running and the like are much more strict in Yamaku because the consequences can be much more dire, thus neglecting such a rule is a higher offense than elsewhere.

In general I'd also expect the offender to be expelled in circumstances like this. However, in this particular story we have to consider that Nurse will probably try his best to prevent that. Then one has to wonder how much Iwanako's parents will care about this. For now it doesn't appear like much at all... If they don't demand Emi's expulsion her chances to stay are already much higher. I think we can also agree that Emi will promise to behave as good as possible from now on. What will Iwanako say to all this? We'll have to see.

If Emi does manage to stay, she'll still be in some knee deep shit. Feeling guilty is one thing, how all the students will treat her from now on, that's another story. Can't be much fun walking through the corridors when the entire school knows you were almost responsible for the death of one of the students.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

..., but Shizune hates Iwanako, so the chances of meeting Rin are hard.
I find it kind of hard to follow your logic here...

Regarding Emi, I don't think nurse would be the type to cover up something like this, but I can't see anybody getting expelled for causing an accident. She's in for a hell of a lot of detention though.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

You know, I wonder... in US schools, removal of athletic privileges is sometimes used as a punishment for academic or behavioral failings.

Will Emi be removed from the track team, or maybe even banned from use of the track?

I could see that as being EXTREMELY devastating for her. Hell, with expulsion, she could go to a normal school and be fine most likely.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
XD
Hisao only volunteered to help Misha because he liked Shizune and her. Then he met Rin.

Understand now? XD
Best story:

best girl:

Eh, that's my opinion.
Panthour

Post by Panthour »

Iwanako really needs to shout at someone. It sounds kinda strange when I write it down, but in her position I probably would've had a go at the doctor. Shouting makes me feel better for some reason. Then again maybe it's just my bad temper.

I usually love Emi, but the way Iwanako blames her and makes her out to be the bad guy was great. I don't know why, but the different perspective makes it seem very different from Hisao's version. In his he basically has a heart flutter and eats some apology lunch with Emi an everything is fine again. But Iwanako almost died because of Emi's recklessness, and she doesn't seem like the kinda girl to let that go. :)

On another note the chapter was awesome, and seeing Iwanako break down like that was surprising. (The good kind of surprise!) I'm rooting for her even more now, she must be happy!

The only thing the bothered me was her mother. I know it's kinda lampshaded by Iwanako but in the first chapters she was so caring, then here she just goes off on vacation, and doesn't seem concerned enough to stop partying. I know it's just one of those things to add to Iwanako's stress, but I was pretty un-motherly if you get me. (or Maybe I'm over-thinking this :P)

Though I am curious about her brother. I can't remember if he was ever mentioned before, so I am curious to find out about him.
sanduba wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
XD
Hisao only volunteered to help Misha because he liked Shizune and her. Then he met Rin.

Understand now? XD
Why should the only way to meet Rin be through Misha & Shizune? Surely they could meet in another scenario rather than never once encountering each-other. Iwanako has a connection to Emi now, albeit a not very good one, but it's possible that Rin cold be introduced through Emi somehow.
Last edited by Panthour on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S-Class Wizard. Emi is my waifu.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There's no reason he couldn't meet Rin in any number of different ways.
By this time Iwanako is well and truly off the paved road Hisao took. She's going to spend the whole time until the festival in the hospital. I think that's a much better reason why she's unlikely to meet Rin... Except if Emi comes by to apologize (Something I actually expected to happen in this chapter) and Rin tags along.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Bad Apple

Post by Bad Apple »

Oh, so I was spot-on about the concussion matter? Excellent.
Leaty wrote:The Royal Trap
I'm no VN veteran but I'll take what I can find. I'll check it out. Trap and VN in the same sentence is making me think of another kind of trap however...
Comrade wrote:I'll bet you the nurse is going to cover up the whole thing. In fact iwanako wasn't hit in the head when she fell it was the nurse making sure she'll stay at the hospital until he could silently assassinate her and make it look like an accident
Leaty wrote:I can think of no better way to convince Kenji that Iwanako was the Leon Trotsky of the Feminists.
Jesus Marxin' Christ... Shut up and take my money, a comrade (or, well, Comrade) should get to work on this. Posthaste!
Blasphemy wrote:If Emi does manage to stay, she'll still be in some knee deep shit.
I see what you did there.
sanduba wrote:XD

Understand now? XD
No, because Panthour and Mirage nailed it. Your logic is non sequitur, sorry. Besides, the author's stated goal isn't to make Iwanako's story exactly mirror Hisao's. They are not the same person.
Last edited by Bad Apple on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."
— Horace Traubel
Blasphemy

Post by Blasphemy »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Regarding Emi, I don't think nurse would be the type to cover up something like this, but I can't see anybody getting expelled for causing an accident. She's in for a hell of a lot of detention though.
I don't think he'd cover up for Emi but still try his best to prevent as severe punishment as expulsion. As far as I'm concerned Nurse is a honest man that deeply cares about his job, or more closely the well being of his students. If nothing serious is going on he can be the funny guy making, sometimes questionable, jokes, but in the end he'll always be professional when required. He wouldn't lie or try any immoral tricks to get Emi out of troubles, but what he would do is try to mitigate unnecessary damage/punishment that ultimately helps none. For example, if Iwanako would like to see Emi expelled during a conversation with Nurse and Emi, I can imagine Nurse telling her s.th. akin to this: "Look, what Emi did was beyond reckless and we're all glad that you avoided the worst. Yet, while I can completely understand any anger towards Emi, you should also consider that it wasn't with malicious intent and she did learn her lesson. This is never going to happen again, you've got my word on it. If Emi gets expelled from Yamaku now it won't improve your situation and it'll make it only worse for Emi. So please reconsider this."

At least that's how I see it. This whole ordeal puts him in a pretty dire situation where he'll struggle trying to help out a 'friend' but also keep true to his ideas of morality etc.

I always felt like Nurse has quite an interesting characterization. Unfortunately his character never really gets stress-tested in KS. Or fortunately from a certain point of view. But anyways, I'm glad this fanfic got him trapped in an, all in all, interesting position.