All I Have

WORDS WORDS WORDS

bhtooefr

Re: All I Have

Post by bhtooefr »

I'm gonna bump this old story back to the top.

The funny thing is that this relationship is actually healthier than Hisao's relationship with Shizune, even with it being built on such a shaky premise (essentially Comfort Hisao). And Hisao is probably mistaken about who his girlfriend actually is (yes, friends with benefits is a thing that exists, but this seems like it's more than that) - it almost seems like Hanako is Hisao's girlfriend, while he chases Shizune on the side (and Hanako knows it and is OK with it), rather than Shizune being Hisao's girlfriend. They're two people that care about each other, are there for each other, treat each other as equals, and even have an active sex life.

They deny that they love each other, but... neither Hanako nor Hisao really have a good reference as to what romantic love is. (Not that teenagers would, normally... but they're special cases.) Hanako's experience consists of romance novels. Hisao's experience consists of the clusterfuck that was his relationship (if you could call it that) with Iwanako, and then Shizune.

So, Shizune never even found out about [ > Comfort Misha ] in her bad ending. If she found out about Hanako, would she forgive Hisao under the condition that he cut ties with Hanako? Or would she just cut ties with him permanently? If the former, Hisao might break up with Hanako. If the latter, then he'll eventually get over Shizune and then realize who his girlfriend actually is.

Would Hisao drop the idiot ball of his own accord? Maybe Shizune stays distant from him and he eventually gets frustrated and gives up.

Would Hanako try to escalate things? I could see Hisao treating it as her being a clinger if she tried to be romantic with him, though. But, what about TRYING to get caught?

Would Hanako tell anyone? Hisao treats it as secret, obviously. It's implied that telephones can't call Scotland in this story, but I think that Hanako and Lilly would talk on occasion (unless Hanako resents Lilly for leaving). Would Hanako bring it up? Would Lilly figure it out from slip-ups on Hanako's part? Would Lilly say anything about those slip-ups, or even act on things somehow? Would Hanako straight-up tell Shizune (I could see that backfiring, as that turns it into a competition, something that Shizune knows how to win)?

And now I'm tempted to explore some of that...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

By all means, you want to do the sequel, do the sequel. :D
Not Dead Yet
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I saw that continuing it was OK in your post, and had already started on it. :D This certainly distracts from Iron Oxide, but what the hell...
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Feel free to continue it in this same topic if you like. Or don't. Either works for me. I can't get mad at somebody for writing with my setup when I've been writing with somebody elses.
Not Dead Yet
AnathRaema

Post by AnathRaema »

I too am looking forward to your continuation. Hanako is best girl (while followed closely by Rika, Miki and Snoozu), and apparently best fuck toy too.
I write poetry sometimes. It's pretty bad. I should work on that at one point.
NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

Oddball wrote:
By all means, you want to do the sequel, do the sequel. :D
Having seen a good deal of it thus far, "sequel" doesn't even cut it. "Expanded into a novella" might be more accurate. :mrgreen: I think I may have infected him with the "why write a paragraph when you can write an entire scene?" bug. :lol:
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Oddball wrote:Hmm... Misha and Hanako. Now there's a hell of an odd couple for you. I wonder if anybody has actually ever tried to write that.
I once started reading a fic entitled "A Heartwarming Sunday", or something of that nature.
It started with Misha meeting Hanako every week for a nice little picnic.
This time, Misha packed some chocolate pudding in the picnic.

You'll never guess what the chocolate pudding turned out to be.
this is why i don't trust fanfics with pleasant titles anymore
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

I can guess... but I'm afraid I'll be right and I'll end up being grossed out. >.<
AnathRaema

Post by AnathRaema »

Kitsune Spirit wrote:I can guess... but I'm afraid I'll be right and I'll end up being grossed out. >.<
Wouldn't that just be the biggest downer?
I write poetry sometimes. It's pretty bad. I should work on that at one point.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

I read this one some time ago, but never got around to commenting on it. I tend to agree with bhtooefr that Hanako and Hisao (and heck, maybe Shizune) are fooling themselves as to the true nature of their relationships. Hisao may think he's in love with Shizune, but he's forged a deep connection to Hanako on several levels, a connection that's more than just the teenage infatuation that his relationship with Shizune comes off as here. (Admittedly, my Hanako bias may be influencing my opinion on the matter.)
Y'know, something occurs to me. Hisao's personality is subtly different in each of the routes, whether due to the girl's influence or each of the route writers wanting to tell their own story. This story almost feels like the Hisao from Hanako's or Lilly's route somehow found himself on Shizune's route.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AnathRaema wrote:
Kitsune Spirit wrote:I can guess... but I'm afraid I'll be right and I'll end up being grossed out. >.<
Wouldn't that just be the biggest downer?
Was the pudding dookie?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:Was the pudding dookie?
It also made specific detail to note the sweetcorn
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Munchenhausen wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Was the pudding dookie?
It also made specific detail to note the sweetcorn
Alright, take that talk outta my topic. :evil:
Not Dead Yet