Shower Scenes

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Hoitash

Re: Shower Scenes

Post by Hoitash »

Hey, you'd be surprised how many people have trouble with my surname (see my username.)

It's spelled like it sounds. Replace the I with a Y, and people get it...
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Hoitash wrote:Hey, you'd be surprised how many people have trouble with my surname (see my username.)

It's spelled like it sounds. Replace the I with a Y, and people get it...
My last name contains 9 letters - 5 of which are superfluous.

I have heard so many horrible variations of it it's not even funny. Dozens upon hundreds of attempted pronunciations that are on the ridiculous level of inaccurate. Some of them, I wonder why they ever could have thought twisting their tongue thus would actually sound like a name.

Usually if someone calls and they get my name wrong, I pull the same line, "Sorry, nobody by that name lives here."

It's just easier.

When is more of this story coming? We need to get off this names subject and talk more about pantie-raids or whatever. Something more frivolously entertaining than bickering about whose name is harder to pronounce - something juvenile.

Funny words for genitalia, perhaps? BANANA-HAMMOCK!

There, let's start with that.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Helbereth wrote: When is more of this story coming? We need to get off this names subject and talk more about pantie-raids or whatever. Something more frivolously entertaining than bickering about whose name is harder to pronounce - something juvenile.
YES!

Kenji and Hisao embark on a dangerous mission to acquire ladies undergarments, so that that may learn the secret to the power of the feminist agenda!

(Hint: it's boobs.)
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

You wouldn't belive how many times my High School called my last and failed at pronouncing it.
Lets just say all the time.

Also my friends too.

Please tell me does this : Sekhr. Have an L in it?
No,right. Then why do people proceed to say my last name like this: Sekler
THERE IS NO L GODDAMMIT! LEARN TO FUCKING SPEAK!

Note: I did not see the post before me sorry for taking up space.
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Looking at that, I'd probably start by pronouncing it similar to "seeker", but that's probably wrong.

"seck-err" might be more accurate.

"say-Kerr" or "say-Kurr" might also be more accurate.

It lacks vowels to lead the sounds where my name is filled with an excessive number of vowels:

Thibeault - It can be shortened to 4 letters (tebo), and some immigrants did so to reduce confusion.

"tee-bow" is the proper pronunciation.

common mispronunciations:
the-bullet (this would have made a cool nickname)
thigh-balt (this one's really common)
thi-bi-dow (never saw a 'd' in there anywhere)
ther-brow (yeah they add 'r' sounds, i dunno why)
ther-a-bow (again... 'r' sounds)

Anyway... boobs would probably be too obvious a tactical device (remember fem-bots). Both being sight-drawing and (potentially) large enough to hide ballistics. It's also likely the first place Kenji would check - conspiracy or no.
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

Wow, never thought that the fact I'm called Kenji would lead to a discussion about names. Funny, I think. At least I never had issues with pronounciation, but often with misspelling of my surname, Nakassima (you pronounce it like Japanese would).

I'd have pronounced your names as "Seck-err" and "Tee-bow" (or maybe "Thee-bow"). I suppose I'm not that bad at guessing pronounciation... At least, I hope.

Anyway, on topic, just a random idea I had when I read the title and the feminist conspiracy... What if this time the boys' dorm shower broke, and Kenji had to take a shower in the girls' dorm?
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

So turn the story on its ear and have the reverse situation?

I don't think it would work on the same level, and there aren't any female versions of Kenji to steal their clothes. Then again Rin might fill that role considering she couldn't even identify her own clothes.
LOL WUT

Post by LOL WUT »

Helbereth wrote:Then again Rin might fill that role considering she couldn't even identify her own clothes.
Wait so Rin wearing Kenji's clothes, and where his "area" has been then does that mean,
Oh God... I-I am g-g-going to
Xanatos I'm Sorry.
Xanatos wrote: I was totally going to include the leaf. Otherwise it's just a Ken(ji) doll because I can't model cocks from nothing.
Hello! Did I mention that I have a form of Arrythmia?
LOL WUT: I Am Feeling The Urge To Get More Posts Than You By The End Of The Year. May The Best Man Win
Xanatos: Bring it, Clifford.
JOIN US
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

Helbereth wrote:So turn the story on its ear and have the reverse situation?

I don't think it would work on the same level, and there aren't any female versions of Kenji to steal their clothes. Then again Rin might fill that role considering she couldn't even identify her own clothes.
Nah, I wasn't thinking about reverting roles, just him freaking out because of that. Or maybe his plans to uncover the conspiracy, whatever. But it'd be funny if Rin actually did that.
LOL WUT wrote:Wait so Rin wearing Kenji's clothes, and where his "area" has been then does that mean,
... Not as much fun anymore. Forget everything I said. :lol:
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

This was argueably the funniest story I have read on the forum, bookmarked to be read several times :mrgreen:
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
Tormound

Post by Tormound »

Great read, one of the funniest i ever read. So is it accurate to assume this one is finished?
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Tormound wrote:Great read, one of the funniest i ever read. So is it accurate to assume this one is finished?
Kinda wondered about that myself. I think he mentioned there might be more, but it does seem to have reached a conclusion. Kinda like an especially long one-shot spread over several chapters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I still have the end to write.

It's taking a while because it's very long.
Not Dead Yet
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Oh, well, that's good news, then. Carry on.

Also, before anyone else gets this:
Oddball wrote:it's very long.
That's what she said.
The Hero Hartmut

Post by The Hero Hartmut »

Oddball, I gotta say, you're the only reason I ever come back to these forums at all. Can't wait for the finale.