The United States of Misha (Misha Post Shizune Good End)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Oddball

Re: The United States of Misha 6/14 Update

Post by Oddball »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Is there anyone here who can translate Hisao's sentences to japanese, put them through a translator and post the results? I'm afraid my Japanese is not sufficient for the topics they are talking about :-)
Here's the scene according with the assistance of google translator! I translated all their dialogue just for the hell of it.

Could Not sleep? It said.

Lynda nodded, taking the phone and typing her response:

Jet lag. And you?

Insomnia. It is the side-effects of my medicine.

Lynda nodded sympathetically. Misha had told her about his arrhythmia. She had also told her that Hisao didn’t like discussing it. Lynda smiled and typed something else out:

Drowsiness is a side effect of my medicine. We have a normal sleep pattern between us.

That got a smile out of Hisao, who went back to his book, too tired to read it, but unwilling to get up. After a while he closed the book, surprised to notice Lynda watching him, her face contemplative.

Penny, he was entered for your thoughts.

What was like when Mischa Yamaku?

Hisao paused, choosing his answer carefully: Do not you ask her?

Lynda rolled her eyes: Although I have, she will not tell us a lot of me, I know it hurts her to think about it. I know what happened between the three of you, if that's all, I was curious if there is something more ..., or it is there.

Hisao took a while to answer her, typing slowly, occasionally rewriting something, before finally he finished: If you want to play a friend's question is asking you is good, but it will cost you. Mischa met you before, what were you like?

Lynda sighed: Looking for your friend, what is your?

Hisao nodded, so she continued: I am bipolar. Did you know that?

Hisao shook his head: What kind?

It took a while for Lynda to type out her response, slowly typing out the basics of her disorder before ending with: When I was young, I hated drugs, self-medicated a lot of things ... How do I feel that I have. Fortunately, I have nobody around, and I my doctor I can find the dose of drug brands and could not bear ultimately to ensure that did it not in arrears could. Whining or female partners of alcohol I turn into depression, hyper-active or wreck. Because people deserve to take care of themselves without, but I do not like taking them so still, I do it

Hisao absorbed this information for a while before responding: Shizune is after rejecting the confession of Mischa, Mischa is this loud, it was always happy and cheerful person, we have developed a false persona. It was a lie, it took a long time it helped me to Mitekure that Shizune. Is the withdrawal of her real self, and much more sentimental, I went to America when she was, she was concerned that the return to it. However, she is, she did not take the self-management has been sentimental and her cheerful personality, molding them together into a cheerful person than down to earth, in general ... I it helped me is it you.

Lynda shrugged: maybe. She seems happy when you are around me.

When there around Shizune, I'm happy. It is called love, I think.
Not Dead Yet
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Thank the Omnissiah for Rosetta Stone, I guess :)

That was great, thanks for posting it.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Personally, I enjoyed how Hisao was talking about how when Misha's personality changed he went to America and how Misha seems happy when Hisao is around Lynda.
Not Dead Yet
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Oddball wrote:Personally, I enjoyed how Hisao was talking about how when Misha's personality changed he went to America and how Misha seems happy when Hisao is around Lynda.
I concur; that part was most intriguing.
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Along with my usual PSA, I also want to add I mean no offense to the good people of Canada- except Celine Dionne and Justin Bieber. Furthermore, I have no intent to offend our neighbors to the north- or south, in my and Griffon8’s case.

Also, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Armed Services, and those who serve in them.

Also, also, if this chapter makes you nervous, don’t worry; I’m a pseudo- professional. I sometimes know what I might be doing if I remember when the hooch wears off.

Previous Chapter

Chapter Fourteen: Oh, Canada

The end of January meant a return to classes, and a slow return to a normal routine. As the days rolled on, Misha became increasingly aware of her desire to confess to Lynda. At the same time, she still couldn’t shake the uncertainty of her youth, an uncertainty all the more apparent for its absence in Lynda. Despite Shizune’s advice, she found herself on Thursday afternoon not with Lynda and Will, but on the roof of the Kimmel building, looking over a .pdf file of the Articles of Confederation on her laptop while she sat on a bench overlooking the brightly lit city.

As was usual when she came to the roof alone, Kelly wasn’t too far away, hovering around. Misha was used to that; the girl seemed a bit shy, though she didn’t have any problems talking to people. She just needed an invitation where people were involved, unwilling to intrude on other’s lives, regardless of how welcome she was.

Misha waved her over from her pacing around the building, and Kelly sat beside her on the bench, a notebook and a bulky textbook in her arms.

“Hi, Kelly,” Misha said, looking up from her screen to give a weak smile.

“Hi,” Kelly responded. Kelly tiled her head at Misha’s smile, “something wrong?”

Misha sighed and looked up, needing to talk to someone, “have you ever told a non-family member that you loved them~?”

Kelly nodded, absentmindedly clutching her Saint Christopher necklace.

“Are you still with them?” Misha continued.

Kelly shook her head.

Misha sighed, prepared to go back to her work, when Kelly spoke, “why do you ask?”

“My girlfriend told me she loves me, and I want to tell her I love her, but it’s been weeks since she told me, and I’m worried about whether or not I actually do love her. What do we know about love? I thought I loved my best friend, and maybe I still do~… And what if I only love Lynda because she reminds me of my friend?” Misha looked at Kelly, as if hoping to draw an answer from her sitting form.

Kelly, surprisingly, had one, “do you love her?”

Misha blinked, “I just said I think-.”

“Then tell her.”

“But-”

“No buts. You tell her, because no matter what happens in the future, it won’t change what you two had in the past, right?”

Misha nodded slowly.

Kelly smiled, “you’re over thinking this, you know that?”

Misha nodded, “I don’t want to screw it up, like I did last time.”

“Last time your friend didn’t love you- at least, not in that way.”

Misha smacked her forehead hard at the obvious information; she was still surprised sometimes by what she failed to notice or remember. Kelly held out her textbook, “here, you can use this.”

Misha giggled loudly at that, “thanks Kelly, I forgot how helpful it is to talk these sorts of things out~.”

Kelly jingled her cross, “it’s nice when the person you’re talking to actually answers sometimes, too.”

==

Friday afternoon. Today was the day. During dinner before the first movie night of the year, Misha would tell Lynda she loved her. She didn’t care why, or for how long. All that mattered was that they loved each other, and could be together as long as they could. That thought had spurred a brief internet search for Misha. It turned out Canadian citizenship was rather easy to obtain, assuming one was willing to learn French and live there for a few years. American citizenship wasn’t much harder; there were just more bureaucratic hoops.

But the future could wait. Right now, what mattered was the present. Presently, Misha waited for Lynda to arrive for their dinner date, Carla looking over her book on Carl Jung and occasionally uttering a muttered Italian curse.

When Lynda knocked at the door Misha bounded for it so fast she nearly ran into it, and she opened it so fast it bounced off the protector and nearly slammed into her. Her exuberance was quickly dashed when she saw Lynda.

She looked… upset. Upset and trying to hide it.

“What’s wrong?” Misha asked.

“May I come in?” Lynda asked.

Already nervous, Misha’s insides wrenched slightly as she nodded and stepped aside for Lynda to enter. Taking a seat on her bed, Misha sat next to her. Carla took a quick glance at the two and coughed.

“I’m gonna go into the hall for some air,” Carla said, quickly leaving the two alone.

Lynda smiled weakly, “she’s a good friend.”

Misha nodded, “yeah, she is. What’s wrong, Lycchan~?”

Lynda sighed, “this is complicated, and if you get confused, stop me okay? It is very important that you understand.”

Misha nodded, and Lynda held her hands in her own.

“My mother has been promoted to Head of Graphics and Design at her company’s branch office in Vancouver.”

“That’s good news, right~?” Misha asked.

Lynda nodded, “it is, but please, let me get through this. My mom pays for my trips down here, so me and Will can be together, help the blended family mix better. I can’t afford to come down on my own- most of my library wages goes to paying for tuition. Anyway,” Lynda paused for a moment, “my mom needs the money for the move, and I won’t be able to visit for a few weeks.”

Misha nodded; that was unfortunate, but not nearly bad enough for Lynda to look so upset; her face was twitching like she wanted to break down, but couldn’t. Or wouldn’t.

“After that, well… My stepdad is coming home soon; an improvised explosive device- a bomb, basically- took off his left leg, so he’s getting a medical discharge. He’ll get a prosthetic and he’ll be fine, so that’s no big deal. The problem is, my mom sort of… freaked out when she got the news. She’s having a sort of mid-life crisis, and she’s started focusing on their retirement plans. Even between Dad’s pension and Mom’s benefits, the two want to retire to Hawaii, and that’s not gonna be cheap.”

“You’re mom’s not paying for your flights anymore, is she?”

Lynda nodded, her hair shaking limply around her, “right.”

Misha felt something deep inside her break. Her heart, maybe.

“It’s so stupid!” Lynda shouted, making Misha jump, “all my work to pay for that fucking college in a goddamned welfare state, and she finally gets a promotion, and now she wants to save her damn money! Where the fuck was she when Will nearly ended up on the street? Where was Dad when Mom almost lost her job when the economy went to hell in a fucking handbasket!”

All the rage and despair Lynda had been trying to hold in for Misha’s sake came pouring out. Lynda was standing and pacing the room while she ranted on and on. Finally, she stopped and sat across from Misha, whose face was stricken with fear at the loss of their relationship and the expressed rage of her partner.

“…We have a chance, though,” Lynda said, looking slightly less upset now she had vented herself, “I’ve talked to Will and Henry, and together we have an idea. They’re going to get an apartment next year, and I’m going to apply for a transfer to NYU. If accepted, I can move in with them. I should be able to get a job on campus, but if not, my parents are willing to send some money- not much, but something.”

Misha digested this new information slowly, not really believing it. Finally, she spoke, “so… if NYU accepts you, we can still be together?”

Lynda smiled and nodded, “exactly. Though, I wouldn’t say we’d break up if I’m not accepted. Canada’s not exactly on the other side of the planet.”

Misha stared at the floor; it wasn’t a lost cause- they had a chance. Lynda leaned over and raised Misha’s head so they could look at each other, “which makes what I’m about to say sound really stupid. While I’m gone, if someone comes along that you… like… I want you to look into it. Understand?”

“Why?” Misha asked, knowing the answer.

“I want you to be happy, even if it’s not with me.”

Lynda got up and looked towards the door, “I need to go; I would’ve waited to tell you this, but I couldn’t hold it in, and I understand if you want to be alone now.”

Lynda started for the door but Misha stopped her, grabbing her wrist as she walked away. Casting her deep golden eyes into Lynda’s bright brown ones, Misha said it.

“I love you.”

Lynda smiled as Misha’s hand limply fell to her side. Leaning over her girlfriend, Lynda whispered in Misha’s ear for what she sincerely hoped wasn’t the last time.

“I know. I love you, too.”

And she was gone.

+++

Next Chapter

It can’t all be sunshine, happiness, and unicorns, folks. Especially if I shoot the unicorn to sell its horn and tail hairs online. Remember why I wrote this, and you’ll be fine. Tequila helps, too.

And to the obvious, I am well aware what a pain in the ass a prosthetic limb is, especially above the knee- I did read KS. I was trying to convey a point with what I said. Sorry about my defensive nature- I could hear the rage poised over the keys as the internet read my words.
Last edited by Hoitash on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
bradpara

Re: The United States of Misha Updated 6/17

Post by bradpara »

Very Nice, Bittersweet like good chocolate. Glad I read it.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

bradpara wrote:Very Nice, Bittersweet like good chocolate. Glad I read it.
Thanks, I do what I can :)

Like a DnD Bard, I am but a humble wordsmith. A humble wordsmith that can blow your mind with my mad skillz, but still a humble wordsmith.
VenomSymbiote

Post by VenomSymbiote »

As before, I read chapters thirteen and fourteen at once. Usually, I have something to say that I had a problem with, coupled with praise, but this time, I HATED THE CHAPTERS SO MUCH THAT- nah, just kidding! In all seriousness, I actually really liked these chapters. Everything was just so... perfect! These might be the best chapters yet! It just goes to show how much your writing has improved since the first chapter.

By the way, I LOVED that alternate Hisao and Lynda scene, with Hisao speaking "English." SO! MUCH! WIN!
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

VenomSymbiote wrote:As before, I read chapters thirteen and fourteen at once. Usually, I have something to say that I had a problem with, coupled with praise, but this time, I HATED THE CHAPTERS SO MUCH THAT- nah, just kidding! In all seriousness, I actually really liked these chapters. Everything was just so... perfect! These might be the best chapters yet! It just goes to show how much your writing has improved since the first chapter.

By the way, I LOVED that alternate Hisao and Lynda scene, with Hisao speaking "English." SO! MUCH! WIN!
Thanks, I aim to please :) I aim for the head, too, but since I prefer SMG's, you see where that could be a problem.

I game a lot.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hoitash wrote:I aim for the head, too, but since I prefer SMG's, you see where that could be a problem.

I game a lot.
I game a lot, too, but I prefer fireballs. Doesn't matter where you aim them, because they are AoE :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Hoitash wrote:I aim for the head, too, but since I prefer SMG's, you see where that could be a problem.

I game a lot.
I game a lot, too, but I prefer fireballs. Doesn't matter where you aim them, because they are AoE :-)
No ranged touch attack necessary. Gotta watch out for that reflex save though~

As for the chapter, I always chuckle when a chick gets Han Solo'd. First time I've seen it done by another girl though.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Mirage_GSM wrote:

I game a lot.
Two words my friend: Magic Missile.

There's a ring that negates AoE damage, can't remember the name. The caster wears a gold one and a party member wears a bronze one.

Wow, my dork is showing real bad right now. Stay on topic, Mr. Hoitash.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Hoitash wrote:Stay on topic, Mr. Hoitash.
"Stay on topic."

"We're too close."

"Stay on topic."

"Loosen up!"
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

griffon8 wrote:
Hoitash wrote:Stay on topic, Mr. Hoitash.
"Stay on topic."

"We're too close."

"Stay on topic."

"Loosen up!"
I had that thought, too. Great minds and all that :)
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

My life has been full of references like that. Though my absolute favorite one wasn't made by me.

Friend A says to Friend B that A doesn't like the chips available for the game session they were about to have.

B says, "Do you prefer another snack, a military snack? Then name the snack!"
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing