-

WORDS WORDS WORDS

BlackRockHanako

Re: The Angel of Death [Iwanako] [Updated 4/23]

Post by BlackRockHanako »

Doomish wrote:The little Death hovering in the top corner is what completes it. Something tells me the serious nature of this thread has been temporarily disrupted and I am totally okay with that.
Sorry, probably should have waited until the story was finished. :( Or not posted it at all.
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

BlackRockHanako wrote: Dat Jpeg

Woah. Now I'm going to imagine Iwanako for the rest of the story wearing that Gangsta necklace.
betagent

Post by betagent »

Really enjoying this Doomish! A grisly story is a nice change of pace from all of the romance I've been reading recently.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Shame this isn't part of the Doomish super-canon, but it's been a fun ride so far nonetheless. For a while I thought that Death might be connected to the Voice from With Apologies somehow, but that might have just been me trying to imagine these characters getting screwed with more. I find it ironic that here Hisao commits suicide repeatedly because of Death's time shenanigans, while in With Apologies he was more or less incapable of doing so.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The O.H.L.

Re: The Angel of Death [Iwanako] [Updated 4/24]

Post by The O.H.L. »

That was... pretty amazing by my standards. I don't know if it was just the 'edgy teen' in me that liked it or what, but I really really really enjoyed that. Now that seemed very final and all, but is it actually finished? Because you could very easily continue this story if it was.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Gilrond

Post by Gilrond »

I'm very impressed by this story, very well done Doomish. I actually kinda hope this was the final chapter, seems like the perfect place to stop.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Gilrond wrote:I'm very impressed by this story, very well done Doomish. I actually kinda hope this was the final chapter, seems like the perfect place to stop.
The O.H.L. wrote:That was... pretty amazing by my standards. I don't know if it was just the 'edgy teen' in me that liked it or what, but I really really really enjoyed that. Now that seemed very final and all, but is it actually finished? Because you could very easily continue this story if it was.
Compliments are always appreciated, friends. As most of my stories have more than one act, so does this one as well. We are far past the midway point as there are only two or three chapters remaining (subject to change). I could have ended it here and my original intention was to do so, but sometimes the winds of change bring new patterns of thinking with them. Worry not, I won't draw this one out to a full-length novella especially given that the chapters are only a few thousand words apiece, but I do have further plans for it. The iceburg has struck the ship; we must now watch it sink.
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

What I'm wondering is how much more gore you can add to your avatar.
So my theory is, that Death was probably Kenji, which is why he was unable to alter his past. Unless I got the timelines messed up. In which case I'm drawing a blank on who Death could be.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

The O.H.L. wrote:What I'm wondering is how much more gore you can add to your avatar.
So my theory is, that Death was probably Kenji, which is why he was unable to alter his past. Unless I got the timelines messed up. In which case I'm drawing a blank on who Death could be.
It can get much worse.

Also, don't worry too much about who Death used to be. He was nobody we know now. It was years before any of the characters we know came to Yamaku; the more important thing to consider is who his master used to be, or possibly still is.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

When Sae was mentioned I immediately thought that it might be her husband, but that doesn't seem to make any sense in the context of what we know so far.

Looking forward for whatever comes next. :{|
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

Huh, who would have thought that the death of, well, Death, could be sad.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Death's death. Deathception. Which sounds remarkably like Daffy Duck saying 'deception'. Anywho, back on track. I'm not sure whether to compliment you or your readers for being able to successfully predict the involvement of Hanako. Whichever it is, kudos to you. I am thoroughly enjoying your story thus far, and I have no reason to believe that should change. You're a very talented writer, Doomish. You should know that as a writer and reader myself, you sir are an excellent role model to look up to. I can only hope to be as proficient as you are one day.
Cheers, BlackWaltz.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

So, death finally died? For some reason that actually makes sense. Maybe because I see him more as a grim reaper than actual death, if that makes sense.
Doomish wrote:EDIT: If anyone has noticed that my Iwanako avatar remains unchanged, wait a few hours. It'll look different when you come back. I am, of course, posting this from my generous two hours of study hall at school (last year of high school, unwilling to take a full day of classes), so I do not have access to Photoshop at the moment.
I'm actually somewhat glad I'm not the only one on this forum that is in high school.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.
FishyBroski

Post by FishyBroski »

Roamin12 wrote:So, death finally died? For some reason that actually makes sense. Maybe because I see him more as a grim reaper than actual death, if that makes sense.
Doomish wrote:EDIT: If anyone has noticed that my Iwanako avatar remains unchanged, wait a few hours. It'll look different when you come back. I am, of course, posting this from my generous two hours of study hall at school (last year of high school, unwilling to take a full day of classes), so I do not have access to Photoshop at the moment.
I'm actually somewhat glad I'm not the only one on this forum that is in high school.
Agreed. The first thing that came into my head when "Sae" was mentioned was Black Waltz's "Greater than the sum".