-

WORDS WORDS WORDS

BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: The Angel of Death [Iwanako] [Updated 4/22]

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

It's kind of infuriating to see several of our theories or questions addressed but not answered. I trust they will be provided at some point. Anyway; another great chapter. The backstory of Rin's was somewhat surprising; that plot device was something that I'd only seen used on Misha (and in one similar-ish instance, Miki). In saying that, I cannot seem to remember any backstory of hers from within the original work itself, so I can't really object in any way. Great work once again, Doomish.
Cheers, BlackWaltz.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
nemz

Post by nemz »

I had a feeling that was the story here, yep. Guess I was wrong about death being someone else in disguise as well though, so that's a surprise.

That said, the way you're treating Rin here... it's a strong scene, but you're still an asshole for writing it. And that line about Yamaku not being better... are you saying she gets beat up regularly there too? Fucking Nomiya is behind this shit, I just know it.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
DaGarver

Post by DaGarver »

I don't think the implication is that Nomiya is the physically abusive type. Being physically abused by parents has more side effects than bruises. There's often a lot of emotional abuse that goes on at the same time, so he might be alluding to Rin being emotionally and/or mentally abused by Nomiya's demanding nature. Rin's backstory was good, though. She never really talks about herself that much, so we don't know much of anything about her past. Good to see someone propose a sensible theory.

What is the reference to a man blinded by death? I feel like I'm missing some kind of mythological connection here.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
The O.H.L.

Re: The Angel of Death [Iwanako] [Updated 4/23]

Post by The O.H.L. »

Just a quick typo
one gabbing her arms and pinning the writhing girl
You have gabbing when I assume you mean grabbing.
Sounds like she is in fact Hanako. I can't wait till you start on the fic that is going to be a crossover of every one of yours, unless that IS Little Faith; in which case I can't wait till you continue with that.

You are a great writer. Don't ever doubt your ability.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Wow. I'm speechless. The reference to Agoraphobia was a nice touch. I'm going to sit stunned in my bed for a while as the double whammy of Catching Fire's ending and this chapter have annihilated my consciouness. Adieu.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

The O.H.L. wrote: Sounds like she is in fact Hanako. I can't wait till you start on the fic that is going to be a crossover of every one of yours, unless that IS Little Faith; in which case I can't wait till you continue with that.

You are a great writer. Don't ever doubt your ability.
So far I have Cutter, With Apologies, Little Faith, and Braving the Storm in my little fanfiction 'canon', if you can call it that. This one is unfortunately not one of them despite the slip to Agoraphobia I put in. I like to reward my readers for paying attention, as popular video game companies do their audience. I have yet to write the next one in the sequence, as it will start after Little Faith is complete. It'll be a while before I'm ready to tie them all together, but it's like building a long row of dominos: It takes time, but if you catch it on video, you can relive the fun of knocking them over again and again once you are finished. And, thank you, your compliments are much appreciated.

EDIT: If anyone has noticed that my Iwanako avatar remains unchanged, wait a few hours. It'll look different when you come back. I am, of course, posting this from my generous two hours of study hall at school (last year of high school, unwilling to take a full day of classes), so I do not have access to Photoshop at the moment.
Grayjack

Post by Grayjack »

Loving the story Doomish. Keep up the great work!

And you're only in high school? I did not expect that.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Grayjack wrote:Loving the story Doomish. Keep up the great work!

I have about twenty-four more days and then I am completely finished. God help me.

Unrelated, but my avatar has been updated. I think animating it might have been a little much, but oh, well.
advicefrog

Post by advicefrog »

Doomish wrote:
Grayjack wrote:Loving the story Doomish. Keep up the great work!

I have about twenty-four more days and then I am completely finished. God help me.

Unrelated, but my avatar has been updated. I think animating it might have been a little much, but oh, well.

I like it.
I don't have a favorite girl, they're all great.
Rika===Saki===Shizune=Lilly=Hanako=Rin=Emi
BlackRockHanako

Post by BlackRockHanako »

Actually, I don't think it's animated enough. I fixed it for you, and feel free to use my version. (Give me credit)

Doomish

Post by Doomish »

BlackRockHanako wrote:Actually, I don't think it's animated enough. I fixed it for you, and feel free to use my version. (Give me credit)
That's it. This is too good. Story over, go home everyone. I cannot hope to best this. Image
nemz

Post by nemz »

Doomish wrote:This one is unfortunately not one of them despite the slip to Agoraphobia I put in.
To be honest I really wish you'd stop doing that. Those little connections are distracting at worst, pointless at best.

It just occured to me that we should all know exactly what death looks like. Rin helpfully painted his portrait for us, afterall, and in the game itself no less. :)
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

BlackRockHanako wrote:Actually, I don't think it's animated enough. I fixed it for you, and feel free to use my version. (Give me credit)

My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey-Sanic
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

The little Death hovering in the top corner is what completes it. Something tells me the serious nature of this thread has been temporarily disrupted and I am totally okay with that.