A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (completed)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

motokid108

Re: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu route (completed)

Post by motokid108 »

12/10 will read again. Great story. I fell into both bad traps, so that kind of sucked, but overall a great story. Loved the final ending. You sir/Madam are one hell of a story writer
Hanako≥Shizune>Lily>Natsume>Miki>Yuuko>Emi

ImageImage
jimbo

Post by jimbo »

If Scissorlips is still around, I just finished this story and had to register on this forum for the sole purpose of passing along congratulations. What a wonderful job!
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

I'm still in the middle of Act 3 but I'm loving Suzu. Her train of thought is similar to mine, and so is the daydreaming (except that I never dreamed of playing games with gods)
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
Riakai

Post by Riakai »

Soooooooooo.
I started reading this route this Friday. I'm done, and OVERLY pleased.
I came in, expecting something good at best, maybe at par with some of the Vanilla Routes. Er. Sorry for ever thinking that.
Ever.
Kinda blew my expectations from Earth to Pluto.
Like, I was expecting a 5, got a 20.
Too much.

Now, onto the ACTUAL reviewing, not just fanboying over the Route.

Pros;
• Very gripping, seeing as I finished it over the course of three nights.
• I love the girl's Point of View, nice change from the normal Hisao-feels. Suzu's Point of View made the story so much better.
• The Battleship Games. They... They were awesome. 10/10 for originality on those. I love how it eventually ties into youknowhat.
• The way you portrayed already made characters was simply amazing. You kept all the personalities in check, and even added in lacking areas.
• I loved Kenji's play into it all. I didn't expect that actually going after him was a GOOD THING. Iloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveit.
• You wrote the H-Scenes pretty well.

Cons;
• Some MINOR grammar errors, nothing that completely fucks over the story, but noticeable in a few small areas.
• Certain scenes felt... draggy.
• Sometimes, very rarely, you'd portray time passing oddly. Like, I had to double take to check and see if it'd moved along the time line.
• NOT BEING INFINITE. ;C

You've inspired moi to start a fan-fiction route as well.
Collaboration between me and a bro who suggested this story to me.
EDIT: And, if you didn't notice, made this account namely to comment on here.
[Innumerable Fits]
The Naomi Inoue Pseudo-Route.
[Ria's One-Shot Hell]
One-Shots. Not much else to say there.

You can find my ramblings over at my blog...
...or poke me on discord @ria#0413. screeee
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

Three nights? wow, I'm still at the Kenji split after one week and a half.
Best story:

best girl:

Eh, that's my opinion.
Riakai

Post by Riakai »

...Well, I am a fast reader, plus I forgot what sleep was.

Don't judge meeeeeeeeee
[Innumerable Fits]
The Naomi Inoue Pseudo-Route.
[Ria's One-Shot Hell]
One-Shots. Not much else to say there.

You can find my ramblings over at my blog...
...or poke me on discord @ria#0413. screeee
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

I can't read during the day (too much noise), so I usually read two or three chapters before sleep. I get very sleepy and it made be closer to the character :P
Best story:

best girl:

Eh, that's my opinion.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Okay, First off...

Second, you did this to my sleep schedule over the first 3 days of thanksgiving break. The forth day (tonight? this morning? whatever...) your fic managed to get me back on track so thanks.

Third, I had this on my mind since act 3. Don't worry about it too bad, reading KS for the first time did the same thing and I was expecting it anyway.

I've had this story linked under my KS bookmarks for months now. I always said that I would get to it later because I was always doing something else like playing Mass Effect or at work out on a bike ride or something. After spending more time on Skyrim than I probably should have this past week, I was lost for something to do and decided to surf some of my bookmarks for ideas. I was bored so I decided to read your fic and moderately expected some feels. I got more than just the feels.

So anyway... Other than posting more gifs that try to express my thoughts and reactions, I really got nothing when I try to describe just how epically awesome your fic was. The believable characters, the witty banter, all the research into the literature references, the quirky trio of stumpfist, heartbreaker and narcolepta, Suzu's fear of the future complex and so much more... I was just completely blown away. Next week, next month, I have no idea when but I will personally guarantee that I will read this again and this time I will try to leave comments for every chapter. Scissorlips, you are awesome for writing this and I am going to attempt to use this as motivation to continue my own fic that I have been too lazy to get of my ass to write even though it is less then two feet from me.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

That confession scene
Still, hands down, my favourite scene in any piece of writing absolutely ever.
It was funny and adorable and good lord I bloody love you, Scissorlips.

Also, kudos to Thighs for the visual references. Granted, it took a little bit to get used to his/her style, but I find it suits the route really well. Just so sleepy looking and adorable at the same time.
Love you both <3
Mustn't forget Doomish's hilarious drawings, either!

Edit: Just been told to come back and read the bad ending in Act 3, since I missed it.
Oh jeez.
OOOOHHHHHHHH JEEZ.
I don't even know when to start. That gave me more feels than any one scene in the VN.
Scissorlips confirmed for undiscovered writing talent of the year!
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
TeeHunter13

Post by TeeHunter13 »

This is amazing. I'm pretty sure I fell in love with your writing by the end of Act 1 and wasn't dissapointed in it ever since.
Misha = Emi > Rin = Hanako > Lilly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shizune

OMGnara

Post by OMGnara »

I'd seen this fic mentioned here and there, and I've checked it out before but never read it. I saw that it was through Suzu's point of view and just assumed I'd hate it.

I'm so glad I finally decided to read it from start to finish. Easily one of the best stories/fics I've ever read. 10/10.

I found myself extremely nervous when the choices came up but managed to naviaget through to the 'good' ending without fail. Then I found myself frustrated when it ended simply because I wanted so much more, I was ready to dedicate many, many hours reading. But all good things must come to an end, and I don't think it could have been better.

Though I can always hope an epilogue is written. I'd definitely be okay with that.
Lily>Hanako>Emi>Shizune>Rin

I also really like Miki and Suzu.
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

OMGnara wrote:Though I can always hope an epilogue is written. I'd definitely be okay with that.
I'm 70% sure that there is an epilogue, but it was written by someone else. I haven't read it yet, but here it is.
Best story:

best girl:

Eh, that's my opinion.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I wrote that, although it certainly was far from my best work. Let's just say that it suffered from me being inexperienced, and it was rushed. I still think this story could use an epilogue, but mine doesn't do it justice.

(And how did I not comment on this thread before? Excellent story, Scissorlips. I mean, this is the one that inspired me to start writing fanfic.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Numb

Post by Numb »

bhtooefr wrote: how did I not comment on this thread before? Excellent story, Scissorlips. I mean, this is the one that inspired me to start writing fanfic
Likewise, I've never actually returned to this thread since I finished reading it back in September, but I feel like now is as good a time as any to say thank you to Scissorlips. He gave me the original base for my Miki and Suzu personalities, then I went on and tweaked them with ideas from other fics and several of my own to create two (hopefully) unique personalities. My love for this fic likely shines through at points in my writing, I have made a couple of references to it in my newer posts, but I've never publicly stated it until now. Great job Scissorlips, you're responsible for my continued addiction to this wonderful visual novel :D
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route
Vambypants

Post by Vambypants »

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said already (justifiably) so thanks Scissorlips for writing such an amazing story, I really liked your writing style. Snuzu felt as real to me as the game, and she's definitely one of my favorites.