Mendācium (Hanako) - Version 1.1.1

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Scissorlips

Re: Mendācium (Hanako) - Version 1.1

Post by Scissorlips »

Brogurt wrote:You give me the feeling that you're that one autistic anon that gets butthurt and throws a fit every time Mendacium gets so much as referenced. Please don't be that one autistic anon that gets butthurt and throws a fit every time Mendacium gets so much as referenced.
So because someone implies that they don't like your story, he's automatically a member of a tiny minority of raging butthurt autists. This is why people tear into you on /vg/, regardless of whether or not your stories are good.

[Pastebin] [Familiarity]
Your troubles shall cease, and you will know peace.

Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

The /vg/ butthurt was around long before I started retaliating.
>he started it
Not to say that everyone on /vg/ was useless when it came to the response though. Some people had legitimate complaints, but those usually got legit responses from me. When someone just says BAAWWWWWW IT SUCKS AND YOU SUCK TOO AND YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS then it's a little bit grating to see that such people are allowed to live.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Brogurt wrote:Because people have been using it as troll fuel ever since it was posted posted on /vg/
That's not surprising, given your tendency to threadcrap whenever your favorite pairing isn't endorsed. When you then go on to write a story villifying Hanako and turning Hisao into doormat^2 you gotta figure some folks will take the opportunity to rub your face in it.

(that said I have no idea how /vg/ works, so the motivations there might be entirely different.)
You give me the feeling that you're that one autistic anon that gets butthurt and throws a fit every time Mendacium gets so much as referenced. Please don't be that one autistic anon that gets butthurt and throws a fit every time Mendacium gets so much as referenced.
Nope, I'm not. Mendacium amuses me. I admit I was puzzled at first, given the above-mentioned threadcrapping, but once I understood your deep and abiding hatred for Hanako it all made sense (i.e., "given his utter disdain for Hisao why would he boo and hiss every time someone pairs him with a girl other than Hanako?" But of course if you hate Hanako everything clicks -- she deserves a neanderthal like him, so foisting him off on anyone else offends your sensibilities. It's peculiar, but I sorta get it).
Last edited by Bagheera on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

I don't see this story as any sort of trolling attempt at hanabros, I see as a bold, daring attempt at something new

I don't see how you can say he hates Hanako, either. He has a collection of chocolatey Hanako tales if that's more of your thing.

The original version, my biggest complaint was that the ending just didn't work given what happened in the story

In my opinion, he fixed it to where it can work

All in all, I don't see why we have to fight about it
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

lolawesome wrote: All in all, I don't see why we have to fight about it
Where do you think we are?
Other Self

Post by Other Self »

I don't know if I should hate you, punch you, kill you, or hug you.

But it was interesting.
Hanako > Rin > Emi = Lilly > Shizune
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I suppose that's because I'm interesting.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Brogurt wrote:I suppose that's because I'm interesting.
He is...

The Most Interesting Man On The Forums.
Other Self

Post by Other Self »

Doomish wrote:
Brogurt wrote:I suppose that's because I'm interesting.
He is...

The Most Interesting Man On The Forums.
That he might be.
Hanako > Rin > Emi = Lilly > Shizune
lolawesome

Post by lolawesome »

Was reading a book and came across this paragraph and it instantly reminds me of Mendacium
Tucker Max wrote:
This perpetual state of crisis allowed her to probe the emotional landscape of the relationship. What I would tolerate, how I responded to issues, and where my weaknesses and vulnerabilities were. Guys, let me explain something else to you: A woman in constant crisis is a a Charybdis to be avoided at all costs. I know that sometimes it can feel nice to be the problem solver or the white knight, but her problems are a way to (1) control you, (2) soothe and reassure her insecurities, and (3) use you as a shield from the world so she doesn't have to face her inability to deal with reality. Alexa was doing all of this to me and, like a pussy-whipped teenager, I was falling for it.
-from Assholes Finish First
http://pastebin.com/u/lolawesome

my pastebin - no rins tho
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Don't mean to incite another shitstorm, but yeah, a lot of people seem to forget that Hanako is a very troubled individual. There were some... odd things in store for her path in earlier drafts of KS, including but not limited to being institutionalized (and the kinda-rape scene that followed, but I don't want to shift the focus to that topic) and going full yandere with a shard of glass. The latter was probably more like a joke, but crud himself said that the former was quite resilient to being axed.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Brogurt wrote:Don't mean to incite another shitstorm, but yeah, a lot of people seem to forget that Hanako is a very troubled individual. There were some... odd things in store for her path in earlier drafts of KS, including but not limited to being institutionalized (and the kinda-rape scene that followed, but I don't want to shift the focus to that topic) and going full yandere with a shard of glass. The latter was probably more like a joke, but crud himself said that the former was quite resilient to being axed.
Saying thaty, I'm wondering if perhaps the story would have worked better if it had been the old "winter uniform" version. That would have given you more of a blank slate and less room for others to critize you for getting the characters wrong.
Not Dead Yet
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Oddball wrote:getting the characters wrong.
maybe if you keep saying that it will come true
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Brogurt wrote:
Oddball wrote:getting the characters wrong.
maybe if you keep saying that it will come true
See, it's things like that get you all those negative responses you hate.

All I did was wonder whether if you had came out and said that this wasn't the version of the characters you saw in the games but the version from the first unfinished sample other people (as in people that are NOT you) would have been less likely to say they were wrong or not.

Instead of ignoring the comment or replying to it in any intelligfent manner, apparently you'd rather act defense and insulting instead and decided to take a few words out of context from the middle of the sentence and replied in a way that doesn't even make sense given the context you used instead

I wasn't insulting you or your work with this statement and yet you feel the need to be insulting towards me. THAT more than anything else is why people don't like this. If you weren't so insulting in your replies and didn't treat everything like a personal attack, the people you say are giving you problems would have just read it, realized they didn't like it, and moved on. Your replies are what made people go from just not liking the story to outright hating it.
Not Dead Yet
nemz

Post by nemz »

I don't know if it's fair to say Brogurt got the characters wrong... after all we've never seen them in a cannon situation like this before, so how would we know? In retrospect I do find this oddly plausible behavior for both of them: Hanako has shown a tendency to assume the worst of others, to blame things on them that are at least partly her fault, and I can easily see her efforts at self-improvement being accompanied by a mix of social naivety and recklessness masquerading as courage. Hisao at various times does come across as a self-sacrificing doormat, an unperceptive dunce, and more concerned with preserving the 'rightness' of a situation than understanding the motivations of all involved.

Still doesn't mean I like the fic, even when updated. Honestly the update might as well not have happened... what has been read cannot be unread. Then again I'm not really that big a fan of Hisao or Hanako, so keep that in mind consideration.

And yes, Brogurt's overly defensive replies are probably the only thing keeping this fire burning.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly