yes
43%
no
57%

Total votes: 14

omerde12

an idea need help

Post by omerde12 »

sup forum guys, i am new here and all and i decided to join this forum because i had an idea for a fanfic about ks.
the whole premise of the story is that it takes place in the same timeline/universe that the original game takes place only that insted of hisao befriending the original girls from the game he goes after completely diffrent girls then those in the original.
the story is supposed to be as close as possible to the game in terms of story style.
now i have some ideas for the story but i need help in lots of fields as script, editing and artwork.
feel free to contact me on YT http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOmerde12?feature=mhee and on the forum
Mirage_GSM

Re: an idea need help

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The idea itself is neither good nor bad, but it is hardly original.
At the moment there are two ongoing fics here in the forum concerning Hisao pursuing Rika and Saki respectively... three if you count that Miki path but that seems to have been abandoned after one or two chapters.
What is WAY more important: Do you have any plot ideas beyond "Hisao pursues another girl?" If you don't, the idea is probably bad. If you do have a story you want to tell, go ahead.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
omerde12

Post by omerde12 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:The idea itself is neither good nor bad, but it is hardly original.
At the moment there are two ongoing fics here in the forum concerning Hisao pursuing Rika and Saki respectively... three if you count that Miki path but that seems to have been abandoned after one or two chapters.
What is WAY more important: Do you have any plot ideas beyond "Hisao pursues another girl?" If you don't, the idea is probably bad. If you do have a story you want to tell, go ahead.
none of that, i had new original charecters, general plot lines for each one, and started thinking about the overall past and future.
if you want to know more about the charecters i thoght of until now you cant pm me
FluffandCrunch

Post by FluffandCrunch »

Depends.
Are they girsl you see in teh background of the game?
Mite be cool.

Totally original characters of your own design?
We'll have to see, but take it slow; a whole new character requires a lot more work that just borrowing an established persona.
omerde12

Post by omerde12 »

FluffandCrunch wrote:Depends.
Are they girsl you see in teh background of the game?
Mite be cool.

Totally original characters of your own design?
We'll have to see, but take it slow; a whole new character requires a lot more work that just borrowing an established persona.
completely original girls, i already have two in mind but u wull need help desining everything
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I can tell you from experience that working with original characters is incredibly difficult. Not only do you have to create this person from the ground up (that is, name, appearance, personality, back story, etc), but you also have to make them unique and distinct from the existing characters.

So to see you intending to work with not one but five original characters, and intending to create a full path for each one in the same style as KS, leades me to believe you're out of your depth. KS's entire word count is , if I recall correctly, in the vicinity of 480,000. To give you a better idea of the scope of that, an average paperback novel is about 100,000-130,000 words.

In light of that, I would suggest you start with something small. Very small. Try out some drabbles, or double drabbles if you find them too restrictive. Try to work on being descriptive without blathering on. Plan out as much of your story as you can before you write it. I have a plan for my story, it's got all sorts of notes about characters and what happens in each part from start to finish. Most, if not all authors do this. Take Michael Scott; his plan for The Alchemyst series is in excess of 80,000 words - that's practically a book in itself.

When you do post, be prepared for criticism. Not everyone will like your work. Sometimes they won't be nice about it, and that really sucks, but if that happens you just have to take it in your stride and write something better next time. And, if I may be horribly critical here, if your posts are anything to go by then you really need to work on your spelling and grammar. No matter how good your story may or may not be, people aren't gooing to read it if they have to translate it into English as they read. Good luck.

Cheers, BlackWaltz.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!