Checkmate (A Reconciliation Epilogue)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Robnonymous

Re: Checkmate (A Reconciliation Epilogue)

Post by Robnonymous »

Shipping?
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shipping

Something very common on most eastern-influenced forms of media, from what I've seen. For example, the countless fan art and fics I've seen pairing Akira and Misha, when there is no reason to do so.

Some people say that this detracts from the canon, but those people are usually not very justified in saying so, in my eyes. Obviously they think they're justified, but that's how the world works.

Point is, you didn't put Hana and Sho together in any romantic way during Recon itself, so writing an epilogue where they make out appears to serve little purpose besides exercising your writing skills and pandering to the people who wanted her to get with SOMEONE since Hisao bit the dust.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

The guilt is killing me.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

Brogurt wrote:Point is, you didn't put Hana and Sho together in any romantic way during Recon itself, so writing an epilogue where they make out appears to serve little purpose besides exercising your writing skills and pandering to the people who wanted her to get with SOMEONE since Hisao bit the dust.
I suppose that's one way of looking at it, sure.
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Robnonymous wrote:I suppose that's one way of looking at it, sure.
Though not a very useful one, since Sho's intentions during Reconciliation were so fucking obvious that this fic was the natural conclusion.

Don't get me wrong, I want a Lilly/Hanako pairing as much as the next guy. But given the setup here it just wasn't in the cards, and the story wasn't particularly subtle about that point.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

CNB

Post by CNB »

Well, I thought it was very cute.

It was a good idea to make it explicitly separate from Reconciliation. Connecting them more strongly would have taken the focus off the Hanako/Lilly relationship that was the central point of the main story.

If I were writing it, I'd have ended with a different punchline. :wink:
“D-Do you maybe want to… um… you know…” her eyes meet mine again, “come i-inside?”

All conscious thought falls away at this point, but my brain isn't turning off. It's like I'm in some kind of Zen trance. Which is great, because what comes out of my mouth makes me sound much cooler than I've felt at any point this evening, and possibly in my entire life to date.

I look her right in the eyes, and I say, "Absolutely."
Mirage_GSM wrote:You're just mad he gets to be with Hanako :lol:
Brogurt seems to get really mad about nearly anything related to Hanako.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

CNB wrote:Well, I thought it was very cute.

It was a good idea to make it explicitly separate from Reconciliation. Connecting them more strongly would have taken the focus off the Hanako/Lilly relationship that was the central point of the main story.
:mrgreen:

And that was exactly my reasoning for keeping them separate. I felt like this being an "official" part of Reconciliation would cheapen the ending (and the whole point, really) quite a bit. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Im late to the party but I enjoyed this and the Reconcilliation fanfic. It's a straightforward story but those also need to be written. Hope your book pans out. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

I appreciate appreciation no matter how "late" it may pop up. :D

Thanks for letting me know you liked it!
# 2

Post by # 2 »

Great story, puts a nice capstone on Reconciliation, in my opinion.

Also, I enjoyed Sho's character. He's just another guy who has no idea how to tell a girl he's madly in love with her. I feel his pain. ;) Or felt his pain, since he gets the girl of his dreams while *I* read cheesy romance fiction.

The bastard.
My Deviations. Please try not to laugh.

Lemons, not just for tangy drinks and incendiaries anymore!
NighthawK

Post by NighthawK »

Just started reading it, then I finished it in about an hour.

Thoughts:

WTF are you doing Hisao? 8 years in a relationship, 3 years married and no Lilly Jr.s? Did the side-effects of your med get to ya?

I mean really maybe there could've been space for at least baby Lilly Jr. in the story.
Good story though, don't mind me so much, its just the Feels talking. I'd just feel better for Lilly if she at least had a kid to keep her company.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Akira>Lilly=Yuuko>Rin>Hanako>Shizune>Emi