The Best Time in Her Life

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Oddball

Re: The Best Time in Her Life

Post by Oddball »

When I got to Lilly and Hisao walking along, I thought it was gonna be the classic 'Actually I Love Lilly' ending.
I try not to go for the obvious.
Not Dead Yet
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

It's was in the Hanako Route or the Lilly Route ? (first, first, please... :( )
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Zarys wrote:It's was in the Hanako Route or the Lilly Route ? (first, first, please... :( )
I'll leave that up to the reader to decide.
Not Dead Yet
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Oddball wrote:
Zarys wrote:It's was in the Hanako Route or the Lilly Route ? (first, first, please... :( )
I'll leave that up to the reader to decide.
You're cruel...but I suposse that's basically what she think in the vanilla Lilly Route. ("How could he love me with my scars ? obviously he would fall in love with Lilly and not with me...")
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oh Christ, now I'm all sad and crap. :cry:

Very well done.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

Ahh this story makes me sad every time I read it. I know a few people that are like that too, they find fault in things that make them unique and want to cover it up with surgery, maybe they even will look better but it's not... them? Oh well, just need better friends, or a goat. I need a pet minigoat, far more interesting than a cat.
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Goats somehow are even more troublesome than cats, especially the smaller ones. I know this from personal experience, having grown up around Oberhasli (a full-size breed) and Nigerian Dwarves (a miniature dairy breed).

However, it's socially acceptable to eat a goat (and I have eaten a goat that thought he was supposed to be a pet), not so much a cat.

On-topic, this story off of Lilly's route is rather crushingly sad...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

TheGoatman wrote:Ahh this story makes me sad every time I read it. I know a few people that are like that too, they find fault in things that make them unique and want to cover it up with surgery, maybe they even will look better but it's not... them? Oh well, just need better friends, or a goat. I need a pet minigoat, far more interesting than a cat.
Well, i suposse the superficiality of it all is explicit. (easy surgery, the boys who go to ask if thay can become her boyfriend then they have never looked to her before) but it is a superficial form of love she necessarily already wanted.
One of the saddest things for me, is that this one-shot highlights the fact that she is probably self-aware of her beauty but think she is completely ruined by her scars...what must add injury to the insult. ("I could have been nice, but I'm not")

bhtooefr wrote:On-topic, this story off of Lilly's route is rather crushingly sad...
Yes, there is a lot of bullshit about the "Hanako is better in the Lilly Route !" but I think her progress in this route are really superficial; she can forces herself to be more sociale if she wants, she said herself that finally she is lonely because she does not like people...but it is only in her own Route that she she learns the value of the human relationships and the fact that she is not useless, begins to break down the emotional walls that separates her to the outside world, realizes that her scars does not prevent her to be loved,ect...
I'm not saying she could not do it by herself after but the Hanako Route (If the Good-Ending, obviously) seems to me really better for her than the Lilly Route.
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise