Lost Memories (Chapter 2 added) (WIP)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

demonix

Re: Lost Memories my (not so) little fan fiction (WIP)

Post by demonix »

I've just updated chapter 1 hopefully for the last time.

The corrections were mainly for grammar (like I said in my last post it's where I used a when I should've used an), and I made a slight change to the Nagisa/Akari conversation near the end of the chapter.

Those who haven't already read the updated chapter 1 should do so since all the changes I made before in chapter 1 are reflected in some parts of chapter 2 (when I finally finish it).

Right, back to my writing (and my cold).
MrDogsniper

Post by MrDogsniper »

read the update, I noticed the changes...like how it is coming along.
Sandvich!
demonix

Post by demonix »

Two small updates.

I'm almost done with chapter two since I've just got to finish of the current scene I'm writing, and write the remaining five or so scenes that would complete the chapter along with a few corrections that I think are needed before I upload the finished file.

I've also added google drive links for those who prefer to view the files without actually downloading them.
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Looking forward to the next chapter. Take as much time as you need. I prefer quality over quicker updates anyway.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
demonix

Post by demonix »

Well the only time I get a bit stuck is when I'm running off my own ideas and it does hurt the amount of pages I can write in one go, but then chapter two has passed chapter one's page count (by at least ten or so pages so far).
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Maybe you should consider posting smaller portions...
I don't know about other people here, but I mostly check the forums in the mornings before I'm off to work, and simply don't have time to read half a novel...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
BlackRockHanako

Post by BlackRockHanako »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Maybe you should consider posting smaller portions...
I don't know about other people here, but I mostly check the forums in the mornings before I'm off to work, and simply don't have time to read half a novel...
Following on from this, is there any reason you can't post the pieces in this thread instead of externally?
The main time I read these forums is on the way to/from work (yay for an hour of public transport each way!), and posting the story here would make it easier/possible to read on my phone.
demonix

Post by demonix »

When I started this project, I planned out how the first two chapters would run in advance although I didn't expect chapter two to end up having a higher page count then chapter one and I've already had to cut some scenes in chapter two short because I don't want the page count to get too high, although there's one scene I've yet to write that isn't getting chopped because it covers some of Nagisa's past.

The original reason I didn't post the content directly was because I didn't know if I could post a 40-50 page chapter in one post, but after silentcook made that thread regarding post size messing up the forum then even posting the first chapter in several separate posts might've made a mess of things.
Also have you tried using the google drive links I posted a few days ago since that allows you to view the file as a webpage (although I'm planning to make a epub version that should be usable on most modern smartphones and ebook readers).
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

demonix wrote:post a 40-50 page chapter in one post
Egad. Yeah that would bork the forums, no question about it. MAYBE 1-2 pages = one post, but even that would depend.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

demonix

Post by demonix »

Finally

After just over two months and 88 pages no back to the future jokes here please I've finally finished with chapter 2.

But (there always has to be a but somewhere) there's at least three small sections that need either changes or additions made to them.

Time depending I should have them done tonight ready for posting tomorrow.
demonix

Re: Lost Memories (Chapter 2 added) (WIP)

Post by demonix »

Chapter 2 had now been added.

Just so everyone knows, I had to be a bit creative with the day after the festival part since it's a combination of Lilly's and Hanako's first act two scene (and I had to find some excuse for everything to happen the way it did).

Some of the other scenes I had to mess around with as well, like the track section with Emi (which happened with Hisao the week before and needed some changes due to the day), Hanako telling Nagisa about the fire (which I think was originally done the day before in the game, but I added that one extra section which I think gives a reason for Hanako knowing about what Happened to Nagisa) and the whole birthday present shopping/track meet thing (since I think that they fell on the same day originally in the game).

I haven't actually started on the third chapter (because of where I'm going early on Saturday morning), but I've got the framework set up (the name of the chapter) and I'll most likely get going beyond the initial part where Nagisa is in the hospital after I've gone through the rest of Lilly's act three and four since it's partly based on that part of her path.
Last edited by demonix on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demonix

Post by demonix »

I thought that I'd better post an update so everyone knows that this project hasn't been abandoned.

Progress on chapter three has been going along rather slowly, since I'm now at the point where the newspaper club comes into the fray (this is just after the trip to Hokkaido) and it took a bit of thinking before I managed to get it looking like it didn't look out of place.

There's also a small tweak that needs to be done to one part in chapter two, but I haven't managed to get it sorted out yet.

Chapter three should cover most of what remains of Lilly's path (starting from just before the trip) with some changed to the story and a lot of originality coming in for some of it (I did have to be a bit creative when it came to one part of the chapter).

I can't really give an estimated time for this to be done since I'm not that sure as to when this chapter will be completed.
demonix

Post by demonix »

Here is another 'this story hasn't been abandoned' update.

Progress on chapter 3 has ground to a halt as I originally got stuck at one part, but the inclusion of other projects along with self imposed rules as to how long I stay on my laptop means that time available for writing is non existent at times.

I've got one chapter on a story I'm currently working of to do, and once I've finished that along with writing a full chapter for another story, I'll plug the USB drive this story is stored on back in and complete the rest of chapter three of this story.

I have however decided to make some changes as to how long the chapter runs as I had planned to end it at the time Lilly departs, but I decided to have it end after tanabata and leave the whole of the summer break part of the story to chapter four.

As I said in my last post, I can't give an estimate as to when this will be done.
megavipersnake

Post by megavipersnake »

Are you still working on this story or not? I really like how this tory goes after playing the Haneko route myself. However next time can you keep sapce in between your lines? It kind of makes it hard to read.
demonix

Post by demonix »

Work on chapter three is at the same point as it was the last time I posted as I've been working on other projects and once what I'm currently working on is done, I'll be going back to this as long as I can get past that block I hit just before I put this on the back burner, and the large blocks was just how I wrote things when I started out.