Ascent: An Emilogue (Erotic Content)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Rikabro

Re: Ascent: An Emilogue (Erotic Content)

Post by Rikabro »

I've heard such good things about this and have been meaning to read it for a while.

You should have heard me while reading this. I sounded like a studio audience of a 90s sitcom. A real emotional rollercoaster. Everything you might want from a story like this. It greatly exceeded my expectations, which is saying a lot because this story has gotten a lot of hype in /vg/.

The sex scenes were great. I love how they weren't just bland fuck-fests but included a lot of personality and character. The banter between them, especially in the first one, was superb.

The final scene with Meiko was hilarious.

Well, I'm not going to bother listing everything I loved about this story, because that would take a long time. Suffice it to say this is one of the finest pieces of KS fiction I've read and I'm glad I took the time to finally read it.

Secretly a little disappointed it didn't end in sex with Meiko, but I can only ask so much.
Writer for Familiarity. I also have an anime blog.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Rikabro wrote:I've heard such good things about this and have been meaning to read it for a while.

You should have heard me while reading this. I sounded like a studio audience of a 90s sitcom. A real emotional rollercoaster. Everything you might want from a story like this. It greatly exceeded my expectations, which is saying a lot because this story has gotten a lot of hype in /vg/.

The sex scenes were great. I love how they weren't just bland fuck-fests but included a lot of personality and character. The banter between them, especially in the first one, was superb.

The final scene with Meiko was hilarious.

Well, I'm not going to bother listing everything I loved about this story, because that would take a long time. Suffice it to say this is one of the finest pieces of KS fiction I've read and I'm glad I took the time to finally read it.

Secretly a little disappointed it didn't end in sex with Meiko, but I can only ask so much.
Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, rikabro. I've heard some mixed reviews regarding the sex scenes, some pointing out that they were forced, so I'm glad to see that it is at least open to intrepretation on that front.

Glad you enjoyed it!

if i wasn't an emibro i would have seriously considered it.
Homeless wrote:The hell man? So many feels... *turns head and wipes a manly tear from my eye*

Very good
Oh boy, I didn't intend for anyone to cry! Sorry! :)
CosmicCricket wrote:Loved this, it is right up there with Going the Distance and Fractal Butterfly.

One problem: Hisao is way smarter in this fiction than he is in the game. Though I suppose it's not that much of a problem. :wink:
Thanks for reading! Would you mind linking those two fics for me? I'm interested to see where this puts my first work :O
Zombiedude101

Post by Zombiedude101 »

Mountaineer, great fanfic, one of the best I've read in a while. Any chance you'll do a sequel to this?
I support Snoozu.
Userbar made by theartificial.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Zombiedude101 wrote:Mountaineer, great fanfic, one of the best I've read in a while. Any chance you'll do a sequel to this?
Definitely a possibility and something that I would like to do. Unfortunately I am still working on my Hanako work and a small VN project so it would be some time before it is completed.

I'm glad you liked it!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I would die for you... That's what sums up this story for me. Such a powerful statement. I greatly admire what you've written here, although I'm not a fan of having speech and prose in the same paragraph. If you take a look at my writing you'll notice I avoid this as much as possible, for that reason. In spite of that, excellent work, would read again.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

XD the ending was GREAT haha. Poor Emi she was so scared. I would love a sequel. Seeing them move in together would be great
Lothbrok

Post by Lothbrok »

You're doing VN work? Care to share because I'd love to follow your work.
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

Lothbrok wrote:You're doing VN work? Care to share because I'd love to follow your work.
The people from the CAPSLOCK CHALLENGE and Ms. Crispy Book Burning steam groups (KS fangroups) have teamed up and are working on a project together that I may or may not be a part of.

Stay tuned...
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Trying to catch up on all this fanfic…

I will say I enjoyed this story. Minor bits of editing needed, but that's expected.

What I don't understand is why Hisao had to carry Emi in his arms. Emi should have put Hisao's pack on her back and then Hisao could have carried her on his back. Then his arms would have been supporting Emi's legs, while Emi's arms wrapped around Hisao's neck. Much easier to move that way.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

griffon8 wrote:Trying to catch up on all this fanfic…

I will say I enjoyed this story. Minor bits of editing needed, but that's expected.

What I don't understand is why Hisao had to carry Emi in his arms. Emi should have put Hisao's pack on her back and then Hisao could have carried her on his back. Then his arms would have been supporting Emi's legs, while Emi's arms wrapped around Hisao's neck. Much easier to move that way.
Thanks for reading! Glad ya enjoyed it!

Yeah, this was pointed out to me while I was drafting the fic. It was a pretty bad oversight, but I had my reasons:

Because of MASTER OF ROMANCE

EDIT: Oh also because he still had his backpack. After he ditches it though, yeah it would have made more sense that way
Last edited by Mountaineer on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeastlyFerret

Post by BeastlyFerret »

Well Done Sir.... Well done! Just Beautiful.........

Shizune=Emi=Lilly=Hanako=Rin=Saki=Rika=Misha=Miki Because all girls are equal and deserve equal amounts of love. However, these girls appeal to me the most~

zanger

Post by zanger »

I expected Hisao to die at the end =/
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

zanger wrote:I expected Hisao to die at the end =/
It was in the initial plan...

I couldn't do it.

also i can continue the story if need be now
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Looking forward to the sequel :D